Crashes, 5700 XT AMD Issue?

Same here. Game is unplayable as it is now. Radeon 5700 latest drivers and all.
It's the fucking Radeon Software on Adrenalin 2020. That Overlay leads to connectivity errors between Windows and your GPU. On 19.2.2 and above i had those crashes pretty often. Even if you disable that it leads to communication problems and errors.
Roll back and do a clean install of 19.1.1 with Adrenalin 2019. The crashes are still there but less frequently. Maybe even older works even better - but i don't want to go back 2-4 months of drivers. With 19.2.2 and newer i had like 7%-10% more power. Who knows how much power i will lose if i go back any further.
It's a shame what AMD has done there!
Totally missleading advertisement by AMD. Nearly looking like a scam.
Happy playing guys.
I have a dual screen setup with 5700xt 50th anniversary, amd 7 3800x, 32gb ram,
adrenaline 20.1.3 and i play in windowed fullscreen.
Every time i switched between screens the game flickered and after a couple of switches drivers just crashed(freezed screens with sound and game still going under the freeze).

With adrenaline 19.12 never had problems, but could not play MHW:IB, so i just DDUed drivers and updated them(with factory reset option too) to the latest (and crashing) version.

So, without having to change drivers for every game, i tried a few things and by changing the following options the game looks stable and doesn't flicker(or crashes) anymore for now:

- In PoE(i have everything on ultra/max and play Chains Of Command AW Pathfinder, so a lot of graphic spam/explosions etc)
-- no changes, but tried a few times with and without VSync and full screen/Windowed fullscreen

-In AMD Radeon Adrenaline 20.1.3:
-- Global Graphics: standard, wait for vsync always off, and optimized only other games
-- PoE specific Graphics: standard, wait for vsync always off
-- Disabled in general settings: Instant replay, gif etc, screen recordings
Overlay, advisor, adversiments
It still says GPU suspended even though I started playing like a week ago. My graphics card is RTX 2070 and I have an i7 9th gen intel processor with 16GB RAM. This has been happening for a while now. Luckily no items were lost when I crashed.
I'm running Adrenalin 20.1.3 on Windows 10. My card is Radeon RX 590.
I will update to 20.1.4 today, although I'm not really expecting this will change anything.

On my machine PoE is the only thing that is crashing. I played Borderlands 3 and Diablo3 without any issues.
So the problem seems to be on the GGG side (at least on my configuration).

Changing to an older version of the drivers only to get less crashes (but not none) is not a solution.

Would be nice to get some sort of update, if this issue is at least on the "to do" list.
Forgot to mention, all the options in the Radeon software are turned off.
I updated recently and this was happening to me. not a proper fix, however, I installed previous drives and the game stopped crashing. the game should work fine with any drive from Adrenalin 2019.

previous drivers for the RX5700 series can be found here

https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/graphics/amd-radeon-5700-series/amd-radeon-rx-5700-series/amd-radeon-rx-5700

hope this is helpful to some of you
Last edited by Codemanwoah on Feb 5, 2020, 7:22:32 PM
I *only* have had one crash so far (running RX5700 flashed to a RX5700XT)
But even worse in my opinion are the severe performance issues with this card+PoE as I explain in this thread with video evidence:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2761955

To everyone running the 5700(XT) pls respond in the thread if you are having the same issues to raise awareness to GGG. It's not just crashes, its a complete underperforming/optimization/driver clusterfuck that makes this card look like a brick compared to NVidia GPU's in the same price range.
Ingame Name: GadamDesync
Last edited by gadam93 on Feb 6, 2020, 11:45:46 AM
Have same issue with RX 5700-XT on Radeon Adrenalin 20.2.1, Windows 10 1909, AMD 2600X, 16 gigs of RAM. Crashes after ~2 minutes of doing anything.

I also have an issue with one of Metro Exodus DLCs (Two Colonels). I think, this video card is faulty by design.
I've been using a fresh install of 19.12.1 (Dec 2nd?) Drivers for about a week and I haven't had a single crash. I'd encourage others to test it out.

My rig is a 3700X and a 5700XT at stock.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info