Crashes, 5700 XT AMD Issue?

Fix:

tl;dr at the top: Radeon Software is quietly defaulting PoE to having "Radeon Enhanced Sync" to 'On' instead of the global setting.

Basically, first check that you don't have Enhanced Sync turned on in your global settings:

https://i.imgur.com/gtsQAEX.png

Next, go to the Gaming tab and click on Path Of Exile:

https://i.imgur.com/Pnev36K.png

You'll very likely find that Enhanced Sync is turned On here regardless of your global setting, turn it Off:

https://i.imgur.com/24cNpaq.png

I just turned it off and played for two hours uninterrupted, including plenty of town visits that were fatal before.
Having kind of the same issues. I have msi RX 570 8GB graphic card with 3570K cpu and 12GB of RAM with a 144hz display screen. Getting black screens is all I do the past 2 weeks. And not only black screens but white screens and pink screens. During those issues the system works with fans and everything else as normal. I have to make a reset or sometimes a hard reset so that the system reboots and starts working again. I have made all kinds of changes. Up dated drivers, uninstalled cleanly the drivers, updated them again, raised my fan volumes to drop the temps of the card, updated the motherboard the bios the chipsets everything but still having the same issues. Today I made a format and and cleanly installed again the windows with all the latest drivers and updates. Started the game with no changes in game and with all the default settings. Got one white screen. I am fuckin sick of this shit. cant find anything to solve these issues.Tried all the things that were said in different forums but still cant solve anything. I demand an immediate reply from the technical support of grinding gears.
crashed to blackscreen with my new 5700xt powercolor red devil...

wtf with my 1070 not a single crast since years...

AMD and GGG pls fix it

EDIT: same issue in League of legends...
Bayern des samma mia
RedDevil 5700XT
Latest drivers 20.2.2
Fan sounds like a jet engine.
Dual Monitor.

Game is too laggy to play. This is mind numbing the hoops I've had to go through to try and make this work. Last version I disabled the sound completely.
Ive been crashing ever since like 1 or 2 mini patches before the league started (almost always in town i think)

AMD GPU
UPDATE: I started toying with the ingame max FPS for. The game seemed to get better once I set them to the same setting. Less stutter when set to 100 (100 is the lowest refresh of the two).
Blackscreen today...
5700xt, 3600x ryzen

hear all background sounds.. but no screen...
only option!

Hardreset PC...
Bayern des samma mia
just bought a 5700xt and the game is not playable now... had a gtx 970 that ran the game perfectly never had an issue.. Its fine to stand in hideout but the second i go into a map and kill something the lag comes.. if i touch delirium portal the game is like a slideshow.
It's the same for me; bought new Hardware (3700x, 32GB fast Ram, 5700 Xt, fast m2 Drive) and Poe is unplayable. Every other Game runs smoothly.
Tried many options (Sound off, high Graphic Settings till very low settings, FPS (no-)limiting etc.) but nothing helped so far.
I' m using the actual Drivers; have no Problems with Crashes but the FPS-Drops makes the Game unplayable.
Even with my old Hardware (i3570k, Gtx 970, 16 GB slow DDR3) the Game runs fare better; i' ve to say that i' m really frustrated.
ign: oberarmklaus
"
Blackscreen today...
5700xt, 3600x ryzen

hear all background sounds.. but no screen...
only option!

Hardreset PC...

In this case unplug and plug monitor cable from graphics card should be enough (no need for hardreset...). At least working for me.

I have also found this solution, but did not tested yet.

https://community.amd.com/thread/251474

At least - I had Ultra settings with GI which caused GPU load sometimes around 90% ... I have switched off Ultra and now load is about 40%, will see if it will help with black screen.

I had three such black screens during past week (playing every day few hours) with latest drivers (rx5700xt)...two were in Delve , last one boss in Pen map. No idea , if delve and that boss have something common, or it is just coincidence. Other games which I am playing are working fine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info