3.9| Stress-Free PoE - TRIGGER HAPPY |SSF the Atlas w/ 1 Button & Any Gear|Dungeon Crawl PoE!

I am completely new to POE but had some friends that sent me the forums to check some builds, I looked for hours until I came across this one. I really liked the concept of freedom and being able to choose my gear and in that way learn more about the game.

My friends said and still says it's a shit build with the quotes "At least we have a real build and not anything you like as gear" which I don't really care about. I have had so much fun with this build and I keep learning stuff all the time that I wouldn't have if I just followed another build. On a side note this build wrecks everything for me haha, I haven't died once since I started mapping although I'm still on low tiers.

I really appreciate that you have made this and keep up the great work :)
"
Sotlol1 wrote:
I am completely new to POE but had some friends that sent me the forums to check some builds, I looked for hours until I came across this one. I really liked the concept of freedom and being able to choose my gear and in that way learn more about the game.

My friends said and still says it's a shit build with the quotes "At least we have a real build and not anything you like as gear" which I don't really care about. I have had so much fun with this build and I keep learning stuff all the time that I wouldn't have if I just followed another build. On a side note this build wrecks everything for me haha, I haven't died once since I started mapping although I'm still on low tiers.

I created my first character in 2013 and have leveled so many toons to the upper 90's I have lost count. Are there better builds out there? Ya, sure but this build does what it does like a champ. Easy to gear, easy to play and easy to master. It is a great build for learning the fundamentals of POE. Your friend may not understand the appeal of being able to roll a toon that you can gear as you go and that has to work hard to hit the harder content. Play your build and eventually you will find another to try, but by that time you will have farmed a bunch of gear and currency with this one. This is a solid and enjoyable build for mapping for most people. The lack of complication and the ease of play are the real benefits. BTW here is my current gear, lvl 89 all ssf. I am creaming red maps with this set up. I went with laceration just because I hit the enchant in lab.

Made it to level 85 and still doing great. A hiccup here and there, but for SSF, remarkably easy ascent. I've got 4 of the 6 final Trials done and several offerings ready once I get them.

I now have 3 watchstones and I'm combining maps for higher tiers and have several yellow ones ready to go. Just plugging along at my own pace and really enjoying it.

I did find this sword and would like some input. It shows lower DPS in the skills tab, however because it's all physical and has the bonuses, I think it's better (albeit slower, which may make it do less damage).

I put it in play and haven't really noticed a difference, I was hoping for a big bump but it feels the same. The other one has fire and cold damage, but not sure. Only thing better is the speed and I crafted Chaos Resist on it.

Still hunting for a 6-link and better gear, but the sword is the only item I can use that I've found in the last 5 levels.

I did find this which looks awesome and makes me want to build a frostblades character next.

-
Last edited by RubinhoCampeao on Jan 8, 2020, 1:59:51 AM
"
velcroshooz wrote:
Longtime player thats been on hiatus for almost a year, just wanted to jump in and say how much im enjoying the build. Has brought the fun back to poe for me instead of pushing the meta and trying too hard which frankly burned me out to begin with.

I love playing sword and board and it looks more viable now than maybe it ever has been. bladestorm is fun, ive opted for shield charge for my movement. Only lvl 40 so far but looking forward to see where it goes. Still got a long way to go for proper sockets/links for gems etc.

Quick question, havent read the whole thread so sorry if this has been covered but since we are keeping tempest shield at lvl 1 anyway can i just opt for running cwdt with it over culling strike? or do we not get hit enough to regularly trigger it?

tia, guide is well written and easy to follow.
Awesome velcroshooz!

Thanks for taking the time to be so kind and encouraging! It's nice to come back to a game and enjoy the return. I'm glad you did.

Good question on CwDT. CwDT counts the Damage taken from Hits, not the Hits themselves (so DOT damage doesn't matter to CwDT). I originally had the build as you suggested, but there were some circumstances where I would find that the skill wouldn't even go active until the end of the map. That was in 3.8 though, before all the monster changes. Maps are WAY busier now. There's nothing wrong with giving it a try. If you do, let me know how it goes. (I may try it again as well.) I do forget to turn on Tempest Shield sometimes...

Thanks again for you encouraging words. I really appreciate the feedback. I'm glad the guide is helpful.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Sotlol1 wrote:

Hey Sotlol1!

I really appreciate the post! I'm really glad you're enjoying it. Thank you very much for taking the time to be encouraging and thoughtful. And thanks for including what your friends have said as well. It's good to know what others that doesn't like my builds have to say about it. The thing I love about not needing a specific type of item is it really encourages people to learn the game well. You'll be teaching your friends about good mods/gear in no time ;). I also like the excitement that every drop can be an upgrade to what I'm using. I know everyone likes a different style of play, but I find that when you don't HAVE to have a certain item, PoE is less of an action game and more of an RPG...you know Loot based :)! Some people like to play this game more as an action game (to each their own), but I love the Grinding for Gear experience.

Thanks again for the thoughtful post! And good job not caring what your friends think. It'll help you keep your priorities straight in the future no matter where you are in life. Good job.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Royella wrote:
Spoiler
I created my first character in 2013 and have leveled so many toons to the upper 90's I have lost count. Are there better builds out there? Ya, sure but this build does what it does like a champ. Easy to gear, easy to play and easy to master. It is a great build for learning the fundamentals of POE. Your friend may not understand the appeal of being able to roll a toon that you can gear as you go and that has to work hard to hit the harder content. Play your build and eventually you will find another to try, but by that time you will have farmed a bunch of gear and currency with this one. This is a solid and enjoyable build for mapping for most people. The lack of complication and the ease of play are the real benefits. BTW here is my current gear, lvl 89 all ssf. I am creaming red maps with this set up. I went with laceration just because I hit the enchant in lab.

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Thanks Royella!

I know you were responding to someone else, but I just wanted to thank you for your kind post. A lot detail and experience went into your post and I really appreciate you taking the time to post it. Thank you.

Also, that's an awesome setup! I really like what you've done. Amazing for SSF! So you're finding Imaple working as you hoped?

Annnnnd

Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Thrippy wrote:
Spoiler
Made it to level 85 and still doing great. A hiccup here and there, but for SSF, remarkably easy ascent. I've got 4 of the 6 final Trials done and several offerings ready once I get them.

I now have 3 watchstones and I'm combining maps for higher tiers and have several yellow ones ready to go. Just plugging along at my own pace and really enjoying it.

I did find this sword and would like some input. It shows lower DPS in the skills tab, however because it's all physical and has the bonuses, I think it's better (albeit slower, which may make it do less damage).

Unavailable

I put it in play and haven't really noticed a difference, I was hoping for a big bump but it feels the same. The other one has fire and cold damage, but not sure. Only thing better is the speed and I crafted Chaos Resist on it.

Unavailable

Still hunting for a 6-link and better gear, but the sword is the only item I can use that I've found in the last 5 levels.

I did find this which looks awesome and makes me want to build a frostblades character next.

Unavailable
Awesome Thrippy!

I'm glad the build has been so smooth for you! I'm really liking the new endgame as well. Good job going at your own pace and not worrying about others. I do the same. It's a great way to play.

Regarding the swords, the Eclipse is good, but you'll be able to find a better swords/axes. Look for something that has Added Physical Damage along with a high % increase to physical damage. Attack speed helps too.

With your rare weapon, keep the above in mind, but also, because we're using Brutality as a support, we can't do elemental damage. So only physical rolls will help us.

Thanks again for such kind words. And good luck with your trials! I hope you get the ones you want soon. It's hard waiting so long to get the last ascension.

Annnnnd

Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
-
Hey RubinhoCampeao!

Está bem? Pergunte o que quiser.

Annnnnd

Hello there

Before anything I want to thank you for this guide, when I started to play the game all I wanted was to play a gladiator equipped with a shield + sword, it was something taken from me long time ago in wow (gladiator stance) and missed it dearly for years.

I started to follow your build, assigned most of the passive points as your said but at some point I just wanted to be "original" and decided to go with cyclone and a build that, to be honest, I doesn't feel very good. It is extremely tanky but leaving cyclone running for ages against unique and rares is kind of boring.

I want to use bladestorm again, but before following that path I have a question, what are the limits of this build?

It is not like I want to kill sharper or sirius in a flash, or go down to level 500 in the mines, I just want to know when I still start to struggle (if I ever will).

I got my answer after watching some of your youtube videos, I am definitely going back to this build.
Last edited by angelmanuel27 on Jan 9, 2020, 6:55:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info