3.9| Stress-Free PoE - TRIGGER HAPPY |SSF the Atlas w/ 1 Button & Any Gear|Dungeon Crawl PoE!

And by the way, Wrecker, thank you so much for this build, once again. I wouldn't have made it anywhere near as far as I have without it. I feel like this was a really solid character to start with, as it really let me learn about PoE without jumping headfirst into the really (really!) deep end. I'm already excited for Delirium league and trying something new. Can't wait to see your 3.10 builds to try another one.
Thank for the guide! I'm new to the game, and I just wonder if any changes to new 3.10, else this will be my league start in next couple days :)
Also i see you don't use any movement skill like flamedash or sth. What's the reason for this and which gem should i replace to have a movement skill.
"
Seraphgrim wrote:
I was having much the same issues as Elocara, I made it to 89 playing SSF, missing my last ascendancy (couldn't find the stupid trial!) and was hitting a bit of a wall with regard to progress. I was stuck with a 4L chest so my damage wasn't particularly great, but I did end up with some good resists: 75-75-75-35 or so. I really enjoyed the tankiness of the build almost without exception up until the mid/late 80's, where I started occasionally getting one shot, mostly by metamorphs but also occasionally by some mean bosses. I'm guessing my problem, not dissimilar to yours, was gear. I was so close to the 19 challenges for the league trophy that I bailed out of SSF and managed to join a map with the last trial I needed. I went to do the Uber Labyrinth and kept getting eaten by Izaro. I finally just paid for a carry to get my last ascendancy, and someone donated me a 6L. The 6L has helped A LOT with the damage, but I'm still having a hard time levelling because of the one shot situation. I have about 4.3k health, my armor is at 4337 (character sheet says 26% damage reduction), and my block chance is at 74%. I feel like the problem is my gear (more health? more armor?) but I don't feel like I'm getting much in the way of worthwhile gear compared to some of what I've seen posted here. I've spent plenty of Alchemy/Chaos orbs on trying to make nice Tiger Hooks/Reaver Axes/Runic Hatchets. Armor has largely been a crapshoot where I haven't seen much worthwhile, and I feel like I need really good mod rolls on other gear to justify replacing what I already have on.
Hey Seraphgrim!

Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad you're liking it. Sorry for your bad RNG luck. Ya, Attack builds are really dependant on gear. In terms of the defense, this build's primary defence is blocking. Because the block nodes are so spread out, there really wasn't many other options for mitigation. So any Hit that misses our blocks will hit really hard. So life is a big deal. 4.7k is good but it will be the reason one-shots are happening. I'm running at around 5.7k. I think with GREAT life rolls I'd probably cap just over 6K. That extra 1000 really does help. This build doesn't really focus on armour so it's nothing to focus on gear wise. It's just a bonus to have.

Block chance should be at 79% if you've been hit (which does include blocking). Is that 74% block chance you mentioned in your hideout or in combat?

Another way to craft a decent Axe or Sword is to take a high-level axe or sword and just use Transmutations and Alterations. Once you get a really nice % to increased physical damage, you can try to regal it and hope for a nice flat physical damage roll, or a free prefix to craft it on. I've honestly had an impossible time trying to get a good weapon for my build as well. It's been forever and I have nothing to brag about. I'm glad you got a 6L though! It's amazing how that changes things hey? Especially from a 4 link.

I hope this helped. I'm glad you're enjoying the build.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Seraphgrim wrote:
And by the way, Wrecker, thank you so much for this build, once again. I wouldn't have made it anywhere near as far as I have without it. I feel like this was a really solid character to start with, as it really let me learn about PoE without jumping headfirst into the really (really!) deep end. I'm already excited for Delirium league and trying something new. Can't wait to see your 3.10 builds to try another one.
Thanks :). I appreciate it! It's a pleasure to help out and I'm happy that you've progressed so well! I'm excited about the patch notes tomorrow and I can't wait to post this 3.10 guide in a few days. I reapply appreciate your encouragement. Thanks for making the time.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
harryng2512 wrote:
Thank for the guide! I'm new to the game, and I just wonder if any changes to new 3.10, else this will be my league start in next couple days :)
Hey harryng2512! Thanks for the thanks and welcome to PoE :). Patch notes for 3.10 are posted tomorrow so we'll see what is in store for this build. I like to keep my builds the exact same if possible. I'm always considering changing Bladestorm to Ice Crash...but who knows. I don't foresee anything changing. That being said, I'll be posting a new thread for 3.10 whether there are changes or not. I'll post that link as soon as the new version is ready.

Do you have any wishes or suggestions that you'd like to see with this build?

Annnnnd

"
harryng2512 wrote:
Also i see you don't use any movement skill like flamedash or sth. What's the reason for this and which gem should i replace to have a movement skill.
I don't use movement skills because I get really nauseous really easy. So if you wanted to add a movement skill, you could replace Culling Strike or get an Unset Ring. Even though Berserk is really strong, I forget to use it ALL the time, so I personally would be fine to replace that too.

Good question.

Annnnnd

"
"
harryng2512 wrote:
Thank for the guide! I'm new to the game, and I just wonder if any changes to new 3.10, else this will be my league start in the next couple days :)
Hey harryng2512! Thanks for the thanks and welcome to PoE :). Patch notes for 3.10 are posted tomorrow so we'll see what is in store for this build. I like to keep my builds the exact same if possible. I'm always considering changing Bladestorm to Ice Crash...but who knows. I don't foresee anything changing. That being said, I'll be posting a new thread for 3.10 whether there are changes or not. I'll post that link as soon as the new version is ready.

Do you have any wishes or suggestions that you'd like to see with this build?

Hi, some other questions. Hope you can help!
1. So far there are new jewels to extend the passive tree. Do you think any additional jewel needed?
2. Also, can you include a step-by-step passive point according to a milestone level like 18, 28... Newbies like me would much be appreciated.
3. About movement skill, which one you prefer for this build? Flame dash, leap slam, shield charge or?
4. Last thing, if I switch cyclone instead of bladestorm, how will the gems on the 6 links be? Any changes to the passive tree build?

Thank you!

Edit: The patch note for 3.10 was recently released. What changes might apply to this build?
Also are you going to update your loot filter anytime soon?
Last edited by harryng2512 on Mar 11, 2020, 12:28:35 AM
Spoiler
"

Path of Exile is actually on Xbox One and PS4! I love playing PoE on the controller. If you have one of those consoles, you should totally give it a shot.

Good questions! Feel free to ask whatever you like and I'm glad you're having fun. Things are starting to get really busy for guide writers as the new changes are being announced and that means lots of studying and revamping guides. But ask away and I'll respond as quick as I can.

Thanks again!

Thanks to your advice I've been avoiding a lot of sudden deaths already and slowly I'm getting there. Still can't do stuff like Core rare corrupted, but I bet I will be eventually.

Too bad about the consoles, I don't own any, I'm a pc player through and through. Maybe there will be controller support for PoE 2, there's surely enough players asking for it.

Can't wait for your guides on 3.10, maybe I'll try a new/revised build of yours and see how I like the new league. But since I hadn't played PoE in a long time, I'm still figuring out the previous content (my last character still had to play half of the quest twice to get to endgame and there was no atlas yet). So I might hold onto the Gladiator for a while yet.

Wishing you a great new league and great new builds!
Plan on running a variation of your build on Friday! I like things slow too!

Like you I forget to use my berserk so I am removing it and rage & I am also looking to replace tempest shield and culling strike.

What I am trying to figure out is there a good Passive DEFENSIVE or real easy 3 gem combo to replace these? Would a Dread banner work (too much mana drain?)

Could try an endurance stun (or Pulverise) in place of rage on bladestorm too

In the end just trying to figure out a 3 Gem defensive combo that will work with this build....

Would Vulnerability + Cast when Damage Taken stack with Pride (also gives us a 20% chance to bleed).... would like to find a way to apply a bleed....

Thanks again looks like this will be fun ....
Last edited by Yipp on Mar 11, 2020, 4:47:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info