3.9| Stress-Free PoE - TRIGGER HAPPY |SSF the Atlas w/ 1 Button & Any Gear|Dungeon Crawl PoE!

Just checking in after the weekend (hey, it helps the work day go by faster to think about POE).

I hit level 80 for the first time. I realize I didn't know anything about the game at all prior to Blight and I still no very little.

I'm SSF, so no super gear. Still running 4-link armor with a 2-link addition that I'm using for a Golem. I switched out the Stone Golem for a Fire Golem to push the damage higher.

Changes I made over the weekend. I switched Leap Slam to a 3-link and moved Reckoning to a 4-link. Big difference! Even bigger when I switched out Bleed and Life Gain for Pulverize and Brutality.

I found this nice sword which bumped damage a bit.

I ran the Merciless Lab and added the Violent Retaliation to go with Painforged and Versatile Combatent. I just finished the Bloodless notable and life passives. I've pretty much maxed my skills and I'll be trying for +life nodes. I haven't taken Vaal Pact or Resolute Technique. Not sure about either.

Overall progress, I just killed Baran and got my first Watchstone and I'm still trying to find better gear, especially with chaos resistance. I may run a few labs to try to improve my glove modifier. I tried helmet and boots and got pretty worthless mods.

I delved a bit but I'm only down to about 20 and not sure if it's worth my while.

Overall, the build is a tank. I've died a few times to one shots, but I think my negative chaos resist helped. I'm comfortably running T5 maps and not sure if I should place the watchstone or try to open up another corner in the T1-T5 range to find another Conqueror.

I've only made like 30c in currency, but I"m having the most fun I've had in the game. My Necromancer last league was easy, but I don't feel it was as rewarding as this character. Really loving the in-your-face playstyle.

Thanks again Wrecker.
"
"
SupraNova wrote:
what if i want to do dual axes instead of 1hand/shield? is that possible? can i just take the dual wielding nodes instead of the block nodes?

Then you would need to find something that replace Reckoning, because it needs a shield, if I am not mistaken.

Cast dmg when taken? but with what links?
"
Thrippy wrote:
Just click Bladestorm and leap slam to next mob, pick up goodies, rinse / repeat.

Nice tip, I've been using Dash but leap slam seems more versatile.

Question for anyone - I was lucky enough to come across a 6L today, but it's corrupted and is 3G2B1R. Aside from Close Combat, are there any Dex or Int support gems that are good enough to make the 6L better to use than say a 4L that I can customize more explicitly?
That's a Build I'm looking for!
Great work, great explanation. It is fun to play, currently lvl 37.
Easy going :) TYVM!
I am interested in switching to lacerate from bladestorm, I just got this enchant last night in lab:

I see there are no changes recommended on the tree in a past post by wrecker and I went to check out:

"
darkdhaos wrote:
Anhedonian

But it looks like he is using cyclone now. Can anyone make any recommendations on changes to min/max when using lacerate? I fell like the enchant is too good to pass up on ssf.
"
Thrippy wrote:
Just checking in after the weekend (hey, it helps the work day go by faster to think about POE).

I haven't taken Vaal Pact or Resolute Technique. Not sure about either.

Resolute Technique gives you 100% hit chance. You should take it.

I understand the hesistancy on VP - as it changes the playstyle a bit, so play around with it as you want to feel the differences, but I highly recommend taking RT. Just my $0.02
"
Legendary_AK wrote:
"
Thrippy wrote:

I haven't taken Vaal Pact or Resolute Technique. Not sure about either.

Resolute Technique gives you 100% hit chance. You should take it.

I understand the hesistancy on VP - as it changes the playstyle a bit, so play around with it as you want to feel the differences, but I highly recommend taking RT. Just my $0.02

Thanks, I'll head there next. I think I can remove one of my gems and a +30 dex node I needed earlier for some reason and get there or maybe just 1 level short. Then I can get back to life nodes. I'm a little concerned that I'm level 82 and my life is short of 5k so far. But then again, I am SSF and I haven't found top tier gear at this point.

I did get a blue 5-link armor that I regal'd to rare, but unfortunately it doesn't have a lot of mods. Still can't complain with the ones I got though. Dual 40% resists and a low life add and I added armor to get it close to 1k. Happy to finally add Brutality to my Bladestorm. I'm still using Double Strike instead of Riposte as my boss killer (alternate with Bladestorm) and it does very well with Ancestral Call.

I started delving a bit and realized that there are Azurite vaults and better! Geez, I've been so lame I also didn't go down lower for some reason, not realizing you can just jump as low as you want (at least within reason). I'm staying in the monster levels at 60+ to do the chaos recipe (just to collect for when this league is over).

I had a nice metamorph organ last night that gave incubator items and I got a map one. Look what I incubated! Holy shit, level 16. There is no way I can take this on at this point, so I guess I'll hold on to it. No reflect at least, I think the other mods are doable.

Still loving this build and hoping that with the 5-link I will gain some more killing power. I'm really not struggling up to T5 maps and only the Sacrifice fragment boss (all 4) has killed me. Got there but couldn't do anything at all. Not sure if I should be able to kill that boss at my level or if I went in way too early.

Hoping to find that elusive 6-link or my first SSF Exalt drop, so I'll keep going. Thanks for the tips and advice and the great build.
Hey Everyone!

(I'll respond to guide replies in the next day or two...as fast as I can.) I just wanted to post to say that I hope everyone that celebrated Christmas had a great holiday. New Year's Eve is tonight for me (some of you may have already had it) and I hope that whether it's happened or not for you that you have a safe night.

Holidays of any kind can be really difficult for many people for any number of reasons. If you're one of them, take courage. All seasons of suffering pass. In the meantime, try to focus on the little things in life that make you smile. You are loved and watched over, even if it doesn't seem like it. One day, the pain will be a memory and you'll be able to help others that have suffered in a similar way...helping them see light at the end of their tunnel.

God Bless Everyone. I hope you're all well in heart.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
King_Haart wrote:
"
Thrippy wrote:
Just click Bladestorm and leap slam to next mob, pick up goodies, rinse / repeat.

Question for anyone - I was lucky enough to come across a 6L today, but it's corrupted and is 3G2B1R. Aside from Close Combat, are there any Dex or Int support gems that are good enough to make the 6L better to use than say a 4L that I can customize more explicitly?

Culling Strike comes to my mind. It causes hits to kill enemies left with 10% of maximum life or less. Should help to speed up the clearing of maps and killing of bosses.
Overwhelmed by Path of Exile? You might want to have a look at Wrecker_of_Days' beginner-friendly guides. One-click-wonders that do not require any specific items to conquer the campaign and the Atlas: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288/page/1
"
"
King_Haart wrote:
"
Thrippy wrote:

Culling Strike comes to my mind. It causes hits to kill enemies left with 10% of maximum life or less. Should help to speed up the clearing of maps and killing of bosses.

Impale would be a good dps boost.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info