3.9| Stress-Free PoE - TRIGGER HAPPY |SSF the Atlas w/ 1 Button & Any Gear|Dungeon Crawl PoE!

"
Tanzanito wrote:
Hello everyone,

I've been enjoying this build a lot! Currently at level 86 with the following gears:

Spoiler

Everything seems to go very smooth, my only problem is with events that require you to quickly kill multiple monsters like Blight or Legion Encounters, does anyone has any tips on what gear should I pursue now to advance more?
Hey Tanzanito!

I'm really glad you've been liking it so much! That's a fantastic weapon you have there! You have a great setup! Nice modifications.

With Blight and Legion, I found being very aware of which stance I'm in (Blood or Sand) was a HUGE factor for trying to maximize my outcomes. With Blight specifically, I just stayed by the pulsing thingy and only upgraded towers at chokepoints that were close by (with Slow). But in all honesty, that's really all you can do without changing the build substantially. It's all tied together pretty tightly. Your gear is pretty fantastic. There's always room for improvement but your gear is great!

I hope this helped. I know it wasn't much. Thanks for the kind words.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Dec 26, 2019, 9:03:42 PM
"
Thrippy wrote:
Spoiler
I'm still slowly progressing. I'm at level 72 and just hit Act 10. I'm going to do the 2nd lab to get a couple of additional Ascension skills before finishing the campaign and getting to maps.

I'm doing SSF for the first time and wow does some of my gear suck. I've tried to focus on resists and armor and defense and blocking. I'm using a pretty crappy Axe that is slow, but the build is able to overcome it. I keep hoping for a great item or even a 5-link armor but alas, nothing yet.

I get unique item and incursion armor and weapon body parts for the metamorphs but nothing great has dropped yet. The only item that just dropped in the Refinery I think was the Iron Heart Crusader plate. I'm intrigued by the modifier to increase melee physical damage.

It's a nice armor upgrade but I'd have to try to increase the gem slots and get at least 4-linked to make it feasible. Is it worth it to have the Can't block spell damage negative form the armor? I feel like I'm just at the point of being too weak damage wise as bosses are taking longer, but otherwise my surviveability is good.

I keep hoping for a weapon upgrade, but that's the breaks with playing SSF. I also need to try the blood sacrifice mechanic, I've never done that. This game just has so much going on. I've barely done the mining stuff too and I also want to do the Atlas.

Anyway, any tips/advice on whether to use the Iron Heart Crusader plate from veterans? I'm dubious because the spell blocking limitation as that was what I was going to go for in the Cruel Lab.
I don't suggest using that chest piece. It basically nullifies one of our ascendancy nodes. It is lots of damage but at the cost of a large amount of defence.I think a nice rare chest with lots of life and resists (and the sockets you want) is best. But that's my opinion.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
TheTrMachine wrote:
Spoiler
"
"
TheTrMachine wrote:
Hey there!
This build looks great but I would like to play lacerate instead of bladestorm.
I just replaced it in PoB and everything looks fine to me.
Do you think I need to do any changes to the tree?
Thanks!
Hey TheTrMachine!

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. The beginning of leagues are very busy. Sorry. I hope you started with Lacerate. It works perfectly with this build. I personally haven't given the skill too much time so I'm not sure about it's AoE size in either stance. So the only thing to consider with the original build is the value of Close Combat linked with Lacerate.

Nothing will need to change in the tree.

Let us know how it goes!

Understandable! And yes I have started it a bit although I still play with my league starter (storm burst trickster).
Anyway, I did replace Close combat with Multistrike and it works great so far, although I only played the character a couple of hours after finishing the campaign.
I will try to get him to endgame for sure so I will let you know!
Cool. I'm looking forward to it. But only do it if you're enjoying it. Don't feel obligated in any way. Play whatever characters you're in the mood for.

Annnnnd

Hey Everyone!

Thanks for your patience. Here's the example video (with my crappy weapon) for Trigger Happy's 3.9: https://youtu.be/2iwLr8Z6gLQ.

Hopefully it helps you see the build's mechanics and how the build functions.

Annnnnd

"
"
Thrippy wrote:

Anyway, any tips/advice on whether to use the Iron Heart Crusader plate from veterans? I'm dubious because the spell blocking limitation as that was what I was going to go for in the Cruel Lab.
I don't suggest using that chest piece. It basically nullifies one of our ascendancy nodes. It is lots of damage but at the cost of a large amount of defence.I think a nice rare chest with lots of life and resists (and the sockets you want) is best. But that's my opinion.

Thanks Wrecker, I came to the same conclusion last night after equipping it and seeing only a marginal damage increase. It's not worth the trade off.

So I finished Cruel Lab last night and although I got a crappy boot mod that added lightning damage only if I haven't damaged lately, I did find a nice sword with added physical and cold damage and 20% increase attack speed, so I finally have a decent weapon. The build feels like it's rolling again as I immediately began mowing down mobs again like the early days and rolled all the way to maps. The Lab also dropped a 6-link Chain Mail that I don't have enough Intelligence to use (my character that is, I know how to equip it). I'm looking for an easy way to get a passive node and use it, but I'm not sure I can get 5 red and 1 green link, so I may just keep rolling with my 4-link until I can find a strength based 6-link armor. We will see.

Might I add that the new little mini-quest to get the map device is tedious. I guess it has a story element, but after getting the map device last league, I was excited to jump right in only to find I had to do more running...

I'm currently hunting for Chaos Resist gear to get from -5 currently into the positive and of course, better overall gear and a 6-link.

Sword

Anyway, thanks again for the help and the great build. Really having fun and the first map I ran was great. Can't wait to spend some time cleaning out my inventory and getting ready for the Atlas progression. Level 74 and going.

Hey Wrecker, just wanted to add my thanks to the thread. Really enjoying the build. I hadn't played since Betrayal because I got frustrated with the performance issues leading to progression stalling at level 87. Got the itch to play again and someone linked to your builds on reddit and I decided to try this one out.

I probably should have read the thread first because I put too much focus on defense in my gear so far I think. I'll have to see if I can adjust things as I find other gear.

I'm at level 84 and hoping this is the first character I get to 90 at the very least. I stalled on the storm brand Iquisitor in Betrayal at 87. I'm never going to be a very good player, but this has been the tankiest build I think I've played on both PC and PS4.

Anyway, good to see someone that posts SSF builds and actually means it. So many I have found say they are, but then end up mentioning specific gear that you need to get.

Thanks for the time you put into this. It is one of the great things about the game. The community is filled with helpful people. With the complexity of the game that really helps keep people coming back I'm sure.

I'm already getting the itch to try another build. I enjoy my casters even though I always end up too squishy. But will be pushing this was as far as I can before the league ends.
So far I am lvl 83, first character I went so high on lvl because I lose fast my fun when builds getting complicated. Your builds helping me enjoying the game and getting stuff to try out more, thank you Wrecker_of_Days.

I am not so well into min and maxing out characters so I wanted to ask if this here is ok, or if I have spots I can improve.

what if i want to do dual axes instead of 1hand/shield? is that possible? can i just take the dual wielding nodes instead of the block nodes?
"
So far I am lvl 83, first character I went so high on lvl because I lose fast my fun when builds getting complicated. Your builds helping me enjoying the game and getting stuff to try out more, thank you Wrecker_of_Days.

I am not so well into min and maxing out characters so I wanted to ask if this here is ok, or if I have spots I can improve.

How have you gotten that axe and shield so quickly? Damn. I am lvl 85 and nowhere near having the 5-6ex it would take to buy those.
"
SupraNova wrote:
what if i want to do dual axes instead of 1hand/shield? is that possible? can i just take the dual wielding nodes instead of the block nodes?

Then you would need to find something that replace Reckoning, because it needs a shield, if I am not mistaken.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info