[3.9] HIT AND RUN EXPLOSIVE ARROW RAIDER, ALL CONTENT

"
sodaoczy wrote:
got this gear and kinda having surv problem on red maps does i rly need watchers eye vitality to fix this or wat

Either vitality watcher eye or take life leech at duelist, u need around 3 4 % life leech all in all
"
sodaoczy wrote:
got this gear and kinda having surv problem on red maps does i rly need watchers eye vitality to fix this or wat

Either vitality watcher eye or take life leech at duelist, u need around 3 4 % life leech all in all
Doesnt Quill rain is better option because of attack speed? I tried Silverbough and it feels super slow compared with Quill rain.
Do I understand correctly, the more arrows in less time hit the target, the faster it will die?
Sorry for my bad english :)
So i have a lot of questions on EQ build this league. My profil is public, so you can have a look at my current setup:

- you talking about vitality watchers eye, but what mod are we looking at exactly? 30% recovery rate or the life leech one?

- so i play with 2 6linked setups right now but i am wondering what would the best single target setup would be at the moment

- at which point it would make sense to add empower to our 6 linked setup?

- if we want to play with kaoms heart, would it make sense to have 2 6linked quill rains for weapon swap between aoe and single target instead of swapping gems all the time?

Best regards
Bernhart
"
Bernhart wrote:
So i have a lot of questions on EQ build this league. My profil is public, so you can have a look at my current setup:

- you talking about vitality watchers eye, but what mod are we looking at exactly? 30% recovery rate or the life leech one?

- so i play with 2 6linked setups right now but i am wondering what would the best single target setup would be at the moment

- at which point it would make sense to add empower to our 6 linked setup?

- if we want to play with kaoms heart, would it make sense to have 2 6linked quill rains for weapon swap between aoe and single target instead of swapping gems all the time?

Best regards
Bernhart

Ty for the questions,
1. Vitality watcher's eye life leech and regen, leech being no.1
This might not be needed at all now since they changed how explosions work and are not counted as secondary damage, this means that nay attack damage leech from the tree works with explosions now, not only fire leech.

2. best 6L for single target is:EA+combustion+ele damage with att+barrage+empower+the last one is of ur choice, either burn damage, dead;y ailment or conc effect, depends what you want.

3.Empower at least lvl 3, any of the mentioned 3 above is better than empower lvl 2

4. If you go with quill rain and kaom, swap is the best, ofc if you have good quivers in both spots.

Since they buffed mobs this league, going 3 curses is mandatory in my opinion now (flamability,ele weak and despair.)

If you go for 6L chest, but only 2 curses then mapping setup should be in the chest
"
sashagud wrote:
Doesnt Quill rain is better option because of attack speed? I tried Silverbough and it feels super slow compared with Quill rain.
Do I understand correctly, the more arrows in less time hit the target, the faster it will die?
Sorry for my bad english :)

It remains to be tested, for end game, +3 bow is definitely better, I am not sure that 30% less damage on quill and 60% from barrage will make it work for end game
"
semma_car19 wrote:
3.9 HIT AND RUN EXPLOSIVE ARROW RAIDER BUILD BY semma_car19

For the past 5 years I have been stranded on an island, I have now found my way back to Wraeclast... To save it!

We are back in business boys! I decided to try and make this build work again and boy, the DPS is much higher than what we had with Elementalist.
Whilst this isn't the cheapest build out there, it also isn't near as expensive as some others out there.

With the changes in 3.9 I'm hopeful that we can expect Explosive Arrow to scale really well into endgame.

This is the best EA build you will find!

Recent Updates

16/12/2019
Path of Building does not correctly calculate Barrage Support, will post videos tomorrow to show difference. (Please be aware of this when looking at the PoB numbers)
Gem links section completed.
Levelling notes section completed.
PoB link has been updated and is now 80% complete, please see notes section of PoB. Tomorrow I will add budget and midrange equipment sets to the PoB and also expand on equipment section of build guide.
Levelling trees will also be added to the PoB tomorrow.

15/12/2019
Added some levelling notes.
Clarification on final gem links setup should be coming later today.
PoB forks have now been updated with the newly released gems, so the PoB link will be getting updated soon, either later today or tomorrow.

13/12/2019 - 3.9 Metamorph Launch
Explosive Arrow has received some love this league with a very nice skill rework.
As such, the tree has changed a bit.
Our main options for Ascendancy now are Deadeye or Raider.
We have dropped Less Duration Support.
We are still using Elemental Equilibrium.
Bosses are now even easier with the Explosive Arrow rework.

The build guide has now been overhauled to bring it up to date for Metamoprh.

Showcasing

Shaper - Full Fight
Red Elder - Full Fight
Uber Vaals - Full Fight
Uber Atziri - Full Fight
Elder Guardian - The Purifier - Full Fight
Elder Guardian - The Enslaver - Full Fight

Pros/Cons

+ Fun to play.
+ Fast mapping.
+ Can Magic Find easily.
+ High life and safe gameplay, most things will die off screen.
+ High single target DPS.

- Life Leech is not as good as some other bow gems.
- Cannot face tank bosses, this is a hit and run build!
- Requires some currency to make all content viable (Roughly 10ex for gear, 21/20 gems and Empower)

Path Of Building

Pastebin Link
https://pastebin.com/0yydP37U

Bandits

Bandit Choice
Kill all for 2 Passive Points

Ascendancy Choices

Deadeye
Utilizes more accuracy, more arrows fired and more elemental damage dealt.

Normal Lab: Far Shot
Cruel Lab: Endless Munitions
Merciless Lab: Gathering Winds
Uber Lab: Fast and Deadly

Raider
Utilizes more arrows stacking.

Normal Lab: Quartz Infusion
Cruel Lab: Avatar of the Veil
Merciless Lab: Rapid Assault
Uber Lab: Avatar of the Chase

Pantheon

Major God
Soul of Lunaris

Minor God
Soul of Shakari or Soul of Garukhan (switch between the 2 dependent on situation)

Budget Equipment

Weapon
Silverbranch Bow, upgrade to fated version as soon as you can. Or use quill rain, it seems better now

Quiver
Any rare quiver with life and elemental damage as minimum.

Helmet
Any rare with life and resistances or Hrimnor's Resolve.

Chest
Any rare with life and resistances, Belly of the Beast or Carcass Jack.

Boots
Any rare.

Gloves
Any rare.

Rings
Any rare with life and elemental damage, aim to get at least one ring with some added cold/lightning damage in order to proc EE. (more on this below)

Amulet
Ngamahu Tiki

Belt
Dyadian Dawn

Gem Links

Weapon
Explosive Arrow
Elemental Damage with Attacks
Empower
Combustion
Burning Damage
Ignite Proliferation

For bossing, swap Ignite Proliferation with Barrage Support.

For endgame, transition into Awakened Elemental Damage with Attacks and Awakened Burning Damage Support.

Helmet (No links required)
Blood Rage
Blink Arrow
Frenzy
Smoke Mine

Chest (Multiple options)
2 Curse CoH setup:
Rain of Arrows
Curse on Hit
Flammability
Elemental Weakness
Blind
Poacher's Mark

To apply 2 curses, either get Whispers of Doom in the passive tree, or upgrade to Awakened Curse on Hit.

3 Curse CoH setup:
Rain of Arrows
Curse on Hit
Flammability
Elemental Weakness
Blind
Despair or Temporal Chains

To apply 3 curses, you must get both Whispers of Doom in the passive tree AND Awakened Curse on Hit. You can then choose whether you use Despair or Temporal Chains as your 3rd curse.

(Do not use
Temporal Chains when mapping, you can swap this for Poacher's Mark then swap back to Temporal Chains for boss)

No CoH setup:
If you don't want to use a CoH setup, you can simply use Kaom's Heart and this will give you a big boost to both the explosion and ignite damage of Explosive Arrow.

Gloves
Steelskin
Cast when Damage Taken
Increased Duration
Summon Flame Golem (if you have high accuracy) or Summon Ice Golem (if you have low accuracy)

Boots
Ensnaring Arrow
Toxic Rain
Ballista Totem
Greater Multiple Projectiles

Using Ensnaring Arrow and Toxic Rain with Ballista Totem will give you 2 active totem skills for each skill. When bossing, summmon 2x Toxic Rain Ballistas and 1x Ensnaring Arrow Ballista.

Levelling Notes

Level using Burning Arrow/Caustic Arrow, use any rare bow that you find, ideally with +1 socketed gems/+1 socketed bow gems.

Once you have access to Explosive Arrow, link it with Elemental Damage with Attacks, Greater Multiple Projectiles and Combustion.

Use Herald of Ash.

You can also use Artillery Ballista for bosses.

Frequently Asked Questions

How does Elemental Equilibrium work?
You must have a source of either 'Added cold damage to attacks' or 'Added lightning damage to attacks'.
You must not have any 'Added fire damage to attacks' or 'Added fire damage'.
Use Rain of Arrows first to apply Elemental Equilibrium and your Curse on Hit setup.
Then use Explosive Arrow to apply fuses and wait for explosion.
After explosion, use Rain of Arrows again to reapply Elemental Equilibrium/Curse on Hit setup for the ignite damage over time.
Rinse & repeat.

Coming Soon

As the league progresses and I test more stuff, I will be updating the build with multiple gear options for budget builds up to best in slot.

The PoB will be updated as well with the available gear sets. Possible levelling trees and multiple skill trees for different setups..

So make sure to check on the updates section to see what has been added!

My gear in Legion

Spoiler

Used Eternity Shroud and full shaper set to achieve 50% Elemental Damage gained as Chaos, which is huge for Explosive Arrow!

I really dont know if its worth going further with this build.
Mapping its okish with clearspeed, however Bosses are not possible and i do not think that 1 more lvl on the gem will do better. Im talking now about tier 5-8 maps. I dont want to know how the T16 guardians will be hahahhaha

i Tried normal Atziri with this setup 1 portal left ahhahahhahahhah.
So a no go for me ... Really dissapointed in the Expplosive arrov skill.

Have funn ppl
"
KOLACIC1 wrote:

I really dont know if its worth going further with this build.
Mapping its okish with clearspeed, however Bosses are not possible and i do not think that 1 more lvl on the gem will do better. Im talking now about tier 5-8 maps. I dont want to know how the T16 guardians will be hahahhaha

i Tried normal Atziri with this setup 1 portal left ahhahahhahahhah.
So a no go for me ... Really dissapointed in the Expplosive arrov skill.

Have funn ppl

Quill rain wont work in end game. Without empower no go, u need +3 bow.
I tested with barrage and did uber atziri with ease and shaper. Did not test uber elder
Sorry if im asking too much questions but i needed to know

1) Is temporal chains better than flammbility for single target?
2) Is it possible to get a mixed setup for both single target and mobbing so we dont have to get two 6 link bows with 2 empowers, or not have to manually swap gems all the time?
3) How do you deal with survivability,given your current tree. All the rare gear in PoB has +100 hp rolls yet youve got only 4k total, and theres no spell dodge keystone
4) Is rain of arrows nessesary if we can just use Frenzy as the enabler, saving us a socket.
5) Is 3 curses really nessesary or would Kaom's plate +2 curses in a 4L be better?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info