[3.9] HIT AND RUN EXPLOSIVE ARROW RAIDER, ALL CONTENT

"
semma_car19 wrote:
"
Stelth wrote:
I see you grabbing Mortal Conviction but I don't see an Aura you are running for free with it?

Last league I ran vitality but since they changed how life leech works for EA, this league best aura to have is malevolence, with watcher's eye it is insane

Thanks for your guide! I follow it loosely and adjust it from time to time myself. Still alot to learn and still at around tier 5, but bosses and Metamorphs are no problem anymore :)

But do you really think malevolence is the right choice?
I thought we want skill duration as low as possible, so that the arrow explode nearly on impact
Last edited by ParaD0x1 on Dec 20, 2019, 4:20:28 AM
"
ParaD0x1 wrote:
"
semma_car19 wrote:
"
Stelth wrote:
I see you grabbing Mortal Conviction but I don't see an Aura you are running for free with it?

Last league I ran vitality but since they changed how life leech works for EA, this league best aura to have is malevolence, with watcher's eye it is insane

Thanks for your guide! I follow it loosely and adjust it from time to time myself. Still alot to learn and still at around tier 5, but bosses and Metamorphs are no problem anymore :)

But do you really think malevolence is the right choice?
I thought we want skill duration as low as possible, so that the arrow explode nearly on impact

for mapping it is preferable to have skill duration low but for bosses we need it to build up burn damage since that will be the main damage we deal, as you will see in PoB with the right gear, we have 3.2 ignite damage with 5 fuses. Since they buffed bosses life and res, getting damage anywhere we can is the best way to go
Just looking through the PoB and I noticed you have ticked off "shocked" despite not having any way to apply said shock, and have opted out of running any auras. The damage also isn't scaled vs bosses, but rather normal mobs. I am trying to run EA with a burn/prolif focus myself so I looked around for inspiration and different approaches. This is for the dps centric PoB.
"
kakk wrote:
Just looking through the PoB and I noticed you have ticked off "shocked" despite not having any way to apply said shock, and have opted out of running any auras. The damage also isn't scaled vs bosses, but rather normal mobs. I am trying to run EA with a burn/prolif focus myself so I looked around for inspiration and different approaches. This is for the dps centric PoB.

We shock them using lightning arrow in totem, shock and chill are now much easily applied, or you can use vaal lightning trap for bosses.
The aura we will be running is malevolence
What do we use as sustain if we're not running vitality and cant afford Watcher's eye yet, life leech? If so whats our source of it since PoB doesnt have any nodes for it, as far as i can see. I tried atziri's flask but it felt underwhelming.

P.s Btw only one awakened curse on hit support on the market rn and it costs 44 exalts, yesterday it costed 1 mirror.
"
semma_car19 wrote:
"
kakk wrote:

We shock them using lightning arrow in totem, shock and chill are now much easily applied, or you can use vaal lightning trap for bosses.
The aura we will be running is malevolence

While they are much more easily applied it requires a large hit to produce the effect a full on 50% shock would since bosses now have a larger healthpool and higher base resistance than before. Vaal Lightning trap is an option, but that shock is "only" a 15% damage increase and not 50% like the shocked tag adds. We will most likely be running the LA with just the ballista support. Yes, lightning arrow does add a shock equivalent to it doing 195% more damage, but the ballista support reduces the skills damage by 41% too. While they made it easier to achive a lower value of shock you still need the hit vs a boss to do upwards of 8% of it's max hp to have it take 50% more damage from the shock itself. That's not plausible in this scenario.

There is also no Lightning arrow added in the PoB itself either. The totem is linked to Toxic Rain, GMP and ensnaring arrow. There is a finite amount of gem slots available here and with the already planned you can't fit in the lightning arrow unless you drop something else for it. Bow and chest are EA and CoH setup. The other 3 (ballista, CWDT and offlinks) take up the remaining 3 items available. We are not able to run all of this.

Hi everyone, I just wanted to ask you about a problem I'm experiencing; I'm at level 48 and I'm following the build but it's normal that I can't hurt Kitava in Act 5, I lost 10 minutes just to make it go in the first phase, but it's not just the boss not going down but also some rare enemies or metamorphs. If is my problem or I'm doing something wrong, please tell me. Thanks in advance.

"
DarkSiders96 wrote:
Hi everyone, I just wanted to ask you about a problem I'm experiencing; I'm at level 48 and I'm following the build but it's normal that I can't hurt Kitava in Act 5, I lost 10 minutes just to make it go in the first phase, but it's not just the boss not going down but also some rare enemies or metamorphs. If is my problem or I'm doing something wrong, please tell me. Thanks in advance.

That is normal, at that level I would recommend 2 options
1. 4L expl arrow gem link EA+combustion+ele damage+GMP or barrage
2. Caustic arrow+void manipulation+swift aff+vicios proj

Caustic is prob better at that lvlv
I even use blast rain, EA kinda still weak early on
What are the biggest priority mods on +3 levels rare bow, apart from level mods,obviously. Also i still have the question about sustain without Watcher's eye.
I just noticed that you have allocated Whispers of Doom to your ring and Arsonist to your amulet in PoB. I do belive one of those will have to go.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info