[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

Will you be starting this in 3.9 Arcinde? :)
"
Xash_ wrote:
Heya , i was trying to test the build out in standard with the starter version and it didnt go well :( , can u please check my pob? i have barely any dps with 5l pledge and it was very squishy and i tried t16 boss's and i barely did any damage to them :(

pob : https://pastebin.com/cVELQyhE

i know im doing something wrong plz help me out :)

well beside the spell echo just look in POB at the ice nova skill calcs
and you will see he have way more added cold dmg then you mainly from gg items such as the rings and helm and one jewel.

fix this and u should be good to go
if you got more question feel free to ask(starting this build too btw ;D )
I'm curious about this as a starter, pledge of hands is quite cheap ofcourse but do you need the full set of good gear i.e. increased cold DMG or add # / # cold damage and the cast speed before it is viable?

Does this struggle with map progession as a starter due to building up a currency pool? Or will it progess as expected into what build you've showcased?

I appreciate the amulet will be expensive I don't think it's a deal breaker and I feel this build will be fantastic in 3.9 but I'm a little worried about the transition into maps and building into this monster build?

"
Zerotanker wrote:
I'm curious about this as a starter, pledge of hands is quite cheap ofcourse but do you need the full set of good gear i.e. increased cold DMG or add # / # cold damage and the cast speed before it is viable?

Does this struggle with map progession as a starter due to building up a currency pool? Or will it progess as expected into what build you've showcased?

I appreciate the amulet will be expensive I don't think it's a deal breaker and I feel this build will be fantastic in 3.9 but I'm a little worried about the transition into maps and building into this monster build?

In any build maps are a lot easier than the last act :P atleast up to t8-t10
Going for this build this league. I played something similar in Synthesis but back then it was Occultist CI (char name IceBolt_SYN) and i had a blast.

Vaal Ice Nova is so much fun. It was great for Synthesis content, its great for Legion, its great for maps. Must have.
Enchant 30% cast speed when focused on gloves it's very good also. I also had 30% for double damage when focused on my staff but its gone in 3.9.
Build had big problems with mana back then. Now we have op mana flask so no problem.
Going to try this build i liked it back then 2-3 leagues ago but i never tried. The only problem that i see is that it seems so expensive :P
Hi, the build looks nice, but I don't understand, in the 3.9 metamorph league, what PoB link do we go? I suppose not the standard one, unless extremely rich, then that would be the budget one? or delve? Then afterwards standard for endend game? help me out please xD

Ho ya and how do we lvlup the skillstree step by step?

cheers
"
Xash_ wrote:
Heya , i was trying to test the build out in standard with the starter version and it didnt go well :( , can u please check my pob? i have barely any dps with 5l pledge and it was very squishy and i tried t16 boss's and i barely did any damage to them :(

pob : https://pastebin.com/cVELQyhE

i know im doing something wrong plz help me out :)

Use Spell Echo instead of Cold Pen. Redo your crafting bench, you have unneeded dex and way over res cap. Use an Enduring mana flask not Caustic. Redo your Kaom's Roots/Pandemonius/Stibnite flask setup. Kaom's Roots' "Unwavering Stance" negates evade including from blind. Pandemonius and Stibnite both blind and so are redundant. So first you should swap Stibnite for Basalt (or maybe Rumi's). Then either swap Pandemonius for something cheaper, or swap Kaom's Roots for Skyforth.

Overall your setup is ok considering you're running 5L pledge, Tabula, and budget stuff. 9k total HP and 450k PoB DPS (-> 5.5m real DPS) should be quite enough to get you through T16s. You probably won't insta-phase Hydra, but still you should kill her fairly quickly.
Looks interesting, really not sure whether this is a good idea for a league starter though. Without pledge (expensive in the first days) this build really loses quite a punch :(
To those starting out I do recommend looking at the Budget Build. You don't need OP cast speed/crit multi/flat cold gear to start out with. All the expensive uniques in the Standard Build are optional at first (except Pledge of Hands - it's quite mandatory). It is a bit slower at first with like 3.5-4 casts/sec rather than 5-6 casts/sec at late game. But it should easily get you through maps.

Maybe Pledge will be a bit more expensive now with my guide out, but I don't think it should be too bad. It was something like 30-50c in Blight but I think it was inflated by people trying to use it for their minion builds. I remember in Legion it was dirt cheap.

For passives tree while leveling - just yolo and you'll be fine. If you need some pointers - Ele damage nodes into Retribution, go down/left and take those. Then head right into Heart and Soul area, take Frost Walker/Annihilation/Cruel Prep, don't touch Enigmatic Defence/Mystic Bulwark yet though. Then go right and fill those out (Trickery area, Throatseeker area, Doom Cast area). Finally go back top left and take Serpent Stance, Arcane Potency. Feel free to take MoM whenever you feel comfortable with it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info