[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

I'm not sure if it's a real *12 DPS. I mean, yeah shotgun isn't accounted so there's definitely a *2 there but what about the *6.1 because no lockdown ? I perfectly understand that no lockdown allow you to cast a second time before the repeats of the first cast are done.

If the repeats mimic the initial cast speed, then we are far away from the *4 multiplier.

Let's have a breakdown on how this work if i get this right. Let's assume you cast Ice Nova without interruptions. The sequence of damage to get the right multiplier obviously starts at the first cast of Ice Nova and ends at the last repeat of the first cast.

Cast1 / Repeat1 + Cast2 / Repeat1 + Repeat2 + Cast3 / Repeat1 + Repeat2 + Repeat3 + Cast4

As shown above the x4 mutliplier only applies during the last repeat of the first cast. If we continue to cast here is what happens :

Repeat2 + Repeat3 + Repeat4 + Cast 5 / Repeat3 + R4 + R5 + C6 / R4 + R5 + R6 + C7 / ... / ... / RN + R(N+1) + R(N+2) + C(N+3)

As we keep casting, we effectively keep a *4 at each repeat. The thing is you'd need to cast for minutes to reach a number close to that *4 multiplier. As soon as you stop casting for moving / casting frostbolt or other stuff etc you break that multiplier.

So basically, for packs you're close to only a *2 multiplier while for bossing maybe a *3 instead of a *4.

All in all a more realistic multiplier is x2 x2 x1,525 for trash packs (so *6.1) and *2*3*1.525 for bossing (so *9.15).

What skills should we take while leveling? Ice nova with frostbolt or is there better combination to start with
"
PezeMovsky wrote:
What skills should we take while leveling? Ice nova with frostbolt or is there better combination to start with

Holy Flame Totem combined with storm brand/freezing pulse is always a safe bet till you get lmp in a3
Looks like the latest PoB (v1.5.154) is breaking with your Budget and Standard builds. The builds worked fine in v1.5.153, so I assume this is a problem on their end.

Do you have another link we can reference while PoB gets sorted?

EDIT: Seems to be working again!
Last edited by GolfDoesntSuck on Dec 14, 2019, 1:39:58 AM
bump for updated pob/pastebin
When is it best time to swap to ice nova and frostbolt i am level 50 i swapped to it now and it feels bad the damage is terrible i dying all time is it best to wait till level 70 or so? if so what skills to use before hand
Maybe handcasting is just not for me. I'm trying out the combo for the first time and it feels like poop to play. The damage is good though.
How do you feel about that new Volley vs GMP?
Why do you use faster casting on cold snap? just for convenience?
Leveled this as a starter for Metamorph. Did the Holy Flame Totem + Wave of Conviction till a3 library when I swapped to Frostbolt + Ice Nova.

Initially, felt terrible but somewhat decent damage. Once I got Spell Echo, things got way better. Have been mapping for a few hours and bought a Pledge, the build really kicks off with Pledge. It was surprising how much smoother the map clear was. Still feeling moderately squishy even with the merc lab MoM setup. Probably need to completely regear, I'm still using the Goldrim that dropped on the coast.

If anyone else is leveling this at the moment, I'd recommend holding off on swapping till at least 38 to get Spell Echo.

Pretty happy with this, it shreds bosses and metamorphs. The damage is silly, shotgunning and spell echo stacking shouldn't be a thing but it is here and that's lovely.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info