[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

thanks for the guide Arcinde! I leveled over the weekend and had a lot of fun steam rolling through the story.

i jumped into red maps yesterday and no problems clearing but i occasionally get one-shot and my metamorph dps is lacking.

what should i prioritize next? here's what's on my list...
-6 linking pledge is my top priority. i spent around 2.5ex trying to and I want to get more quality on it before trying again.
-definitely need better jewels
-enchanted helm craft
-will try cold snap out tonight
-respec enigmatic defense into divine judgement
-cinderswallow
-watcher's eye / doryani jewel
-tailwind boots - what's the best way to handle stuns w/o skyforth?

also, what cast speed should i shoot for?

gear
Spoiler

Hello.

I've been playing this build for some time now and been really enjoying it.

I'm looking to get my hands on the Glorious Vanity now but I can't seem to comprehend and mechanic of that jewel as I've never used it before.

What is the seed number that I am aiming on it ?
"
benbs123 wrote:
"
Nekondas wrote:
"
I just grabbed Awakened curse on Hit lvl 5 last night and now I can use frostbite ontop of my assassin's Mark ring. It slaps.

I thought you have to put both curses linked with awakened curse on hit lvl 5 to make them work. You absolutely sure it works with your setup (first curse on ring and second linked with gem)?

I can verify that it works. Ill upload an image.

No need to post another image but can you confirm that frostbite is not removed after you use ice nova on a target after applying both curses with your frostbolt? Sorry if it sounds like a repeat but this is the specific scenario we'd like to know.
"
Prisoner wrote:
Hello.

I've been playing this build for some time now and been really enjoying it.

I'm looking to get my hands on the Glorious Vanity now but I can't seem to comprehend and mechanic of that jewel as I've never used it before.

What is the seed number that I am aiming on it ?

Seed number you're buying doesn't matter*, what you want is the one with Doryani in the description. But you can also buy one with another name and divine to Doryani as long as it's a Glorious Vanity. When you socket it, all nodes around it will change, hopefully you get good ones but if not you just don't take any extra skills in the radius.

*Seed determines how the nodes change but no one understands the formula and it's very tough to buy specific seeds and know what you're getting. Better to just roll with divines and hope you get something good.
"
benbs123 wrote:
"
Arcinde wrote:
When I checked Hatred was only about 1-2% more DPS than Zealotry. Consecrated Ground is like +20% DPS while Bottled Faith is up. So if Zealotry gets you just 10% higher uptime on Cons. Ground it would make up the difference. And even though Bottled Faith radius is indeed pretty large, you won't hit the boss if you're trying to kite far away or offscreen. I'd rather have the consistency.

Shocking Conflux seems pretty good but expensive/hard to obtain. Only available as Hunter suffix on helms - which we're already very picky about. The mod has no tags so we can't target it through fossils. The only semi-viable way to obtain it would be to buy an Ice Nova enchanted helmet with no influence, fossil craft it until you get something good with 2-3 prefixes and open suffix, then Hunter slam it (blocking prefix with craft if needed) and hope you hit a 1/5 chance that you get the right suffix.

I guess if you consider the mod really good, you could forget stuff like enchants or be less picky on the fossil mods. How much DPS would it be really - i.e. how much would it shock something like UE or Sirus?

For reference, my current helmet:

This is my helm that I crafted. Since I wasnt using essence worm, I went for hated mana reservation instead. Ice nova helms at the time, on a 84+ base were above 20ex.

Since shocking conflux is free guaranteed shock, the up time is roughly 5 seconds.Base shock duration is typically 2 seconds. Also, base shock damage is 20%, which means we are literally doing 20% MORE damage when shock is up. This basically means that if you get shock on a helm, you will be doing more damage then any 40% ice nova helm.

My Sirus runs are always deathless and I get him into phase instantly when he comes down. Uber Elder isnt even a problem anymore. The hardest challenge I had was a 380 depth Aul kill. But thats to be expected.

I just grabbed Awakened curse on Hit lvl 5 last night and now I can use frostbite ontop of my assassin's Mark ring. It slaps.

So that's not 100% correct. You can't use base shock effect for shocking hits unless you're an Elementalist. It's calculated off the hit's damage. The new damage formula in 3.9 is: 1/2*[Damage % of Ailment Threshold]^0.4. The problem is it's unclear what UE/Sirus's Ailment Threshold acutally is, they just said it's lower than the boss HP. Our maximum hit is going to be about 1 million accounting for Pledge of Hands' last echo. Assuming Shaper's HP is 74 million, if ailment threshold = HP then our shock effect = 9%. If ailment threshold = 20 million then our shock effect = 15%. Still very respectable so definitely worth considering.

By the way, although it's true that you have more DPS than I do, I don't think it's fair to say your EHP is the same. It looks like you have 4k Life/2.7k Unreserved Mana/2.6k ES, for a total of 9.3k EHP. I have 4.6k Life/4.6k Unreserved Mana/2.9k ES for a total of 12.1k EHP.
"
DiabloImmoral wrote:

No need to post another image but can you confirm that frostbite is not removed after you use ice nova on a target after applying both curses with your frostbolt? Sorry if it sounds like a repeat but this is the specific scenario we'd like to know.

Not sure if I can get an image of that anyways because of just timing it properly, but I can verify that it always works.

It will not overwrite the ice nova assassins mark, because the frostbite is applied as the "extra curse". This means that it will always act as the "additional curse". You cannot however, have 2 rings that have curses on them, eg; Assassing mark and elemental weakness and run Awakened Curse on Hit.
"
Arcinde wrote:

So that's not 100% correct. You can't use base shock effect for shocking hits unless you're an Elementalist. It's calculated off the hit's damage. The new damage formula in 3.9 is: 1/2*[Damage % of Ailment Threshold]^0.4. The problem is it's unclear what UE/Sirus's Ailment Threshold acutally is, they just said it's lower than the boss HP. Our maximum hit is going to be about 1 million accounting for Pledge of Hands' last echo. Assuming Shaper's HP is 74 million, if ailment threshold = HP then our shock effect = 9%. If ailment threshold = 20 million then our shock effect = 15%. Still very respectable so definitely worth considering.

By the way, although it's true that you have more DPS than I do, I don't think it's fair to say your EHP is the same. It looks like you have 4k Life/2.7k Unreserved Mana/2.6k ES, for a total of 9.3k EHP. I have 4.6k Life/4.6k Unreserved Mana/2.9k ES for a total of 12.1k EHP.

Thanks, I actaully forgot about that change in 3.9.
And yes, You have more EHP then me. I base my EHP around if I can tank a hit from Sirus or UE. My EHP is more then enough right now sitting at 9.3k~. But having that extra 3k is definatly nice. I also swap out my ring for an essence worm for bossing, which gives me an extra 1.5k. But, its all what feels comfortable to you. Youve made a fantastic build and I've got nothing but respect for you. Thanks agian!

PS. Have you looked at Awakened Curse on Hit yet?
"
benbs123 wrote:
"
DiabloImmoral wrote:

Not sure if I can get an image of that anyways because of just timing it properly, but I can verify that it always works.

It will not overwrite the ice nova assassins mark, because the frostbite is applied as the "extra curse". This means that it will always act as the "additional curse". You cannot however, have 2 rings that have curses on them, eg; Assassing mark and elemental weakness and run Awakened Curse on Hit.

Thanks for the update. Here is the scenario I'm thinking of (which is the most common one people would likely see.) I think you might have confirmed it but I'm still not sure from your wording:

1. Frostbolt is cast. Frostbolt applies Assassin's Mark from ring and Frostbite as the "extra curse" with Awakened Curse on Hit linked to Frostbolt/Frostbite. These apply simultaneously and you've confirmed that it works.

2. Now Ice Nova is cast on the target. Ice Nova would apply Assassin's Mark to the target, and this hit would see two curses currently on the target when your natural curse limit is one.

What happens now is my question:
a. Frostbite remains on the target, Assassin's Mark duration is refreshed from the hit. Mob is still cursed by both curses.

b. Frostbite remains on the target, Assassin's Mark remains on the target but duration is not refreshed. Mob is still cursed by both curses. Ice Nova doesn't apply anything because Assassin's Mark can't overwrite the stronger curse in Frostbite and since you have a curse limit of one the curse application does nothing.

c. Frostbite remains on the target. Assassin's Mark is removed from the target because you have a curse limit of one and tried to apply a curse against a stronger curse.

d. Frostbite is removed from the target and Assassin's Mark replaces it because you have a curse limit of one.

(a.)/(b.) These are functionally identical and both really OP.
(c.) Shouldn't exist under PoE logic but who knows.
(d.) This is standard PoE logic and how I fear it works.

Thanks again for testing this.

Is "chilled enemies" mod any good? Havent seen anyone using it, im guessing its not that good?
"
feelthepain wrote:

Is "chilled enemies" mod any good? Havent seen anyone using it, im guessing its not that good?

Those gloves are very good. Different people pick different things. You can get the mana temple mod gloves (mana/%mana) for extra defenses, unnerve/culling strike gloves for damage, gloves like yours for damage, or whatever you want really to fill your resists and dex/str needs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info