[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

Build is weaker than before the great nerfening, but is actually viable again. It's no longer a top tier build, but it's too fun for me not to try out. The build has always been league start viable, but only if you know how to suffer early, as it's not the greatest pre-pledge. After that, it's pretty smooth.

As for DPS, probably 80-85% of Ritual values? I dunno though, I'm just handwaving; I haven't done any real calculations.
3.17 viable?
"
Build is weaker than before the great nerfening, but is actually viable again. It's no longer a top tier build, but it's too fun for me not to try out. The build has always been league start viable, but only if you know how to suffer early, as it's not the greatest pre-pledge. After that, it's pretty smooth.

As for DPS, probably 80-85% of Ritual values? I dunno though, I'm just handwaving; I haven't done any real calculations.

Hmm I was gonna just go Poison Conc and then see how the build looks by watching you and seeing updates by Arcinde, but I love the build so much I guess I'll just try it too. Hopefully it does well.

One thing that I'm really unsure about though is we used a lot of influenced item at the end game. They weren't needed, build was still good without them, but that was back in Ritual. Probably a lot harder to get those items now, no?

Also was playing my old character from back in Ritual just to see how it feels with the new tree. I didn't really notice bad mana issues like you guys were talking about. Am I missing something?
Last edited by KillerKookie on Feb 3, 2022, 7:48:52 PM
Verdict: I leaguestarted this and it's still not very good. Requires significant investment until it starts to feel okay (I'm talking 6L pledge, Farrul's, and maybe a large cluster), and even then it's not fantastic as you're still standing still while everything is blinking on you. I still love the build and I'm going to push it some more, but I would recommend avoiding this unless you know what you're getting into.
Yo, anyone know why the PoB says Arcane Surge support gem?

Doesnt hierophant ascendancy give arcane surge?
I have been playing this on sentinel league, it is pretty fun.

I am running double scepter, still havent found a good staff, and indeed the build was slow to ramp up. I am now lvl 80 doing yellow maps, and I don't seem to have issues with damage. The most fun part about this build is the range, as I have about 4k life atm and I can hit enemies off-screen and behind doors by just sending my balls ahead. I have 250% attack speed increase, and the most important gem by far seems to be spell echo.
here is the PoB of the current lvl 80 leaguestart I have, I am doing yellow maps with it

https://pastebin.com/7xFW0gg0

looking for people to tell me any obvious flaws that you might see
1) Use arcane surge in some setup. Hiero arcane surge only gives 10% (*1.5) more spell damage. An arcane surge level 20 will give you 20% (*1.5) but you have to look at how well you will proc it if you level it that high

2) Your sceptres seem quite expensive, so you could definitely buy a pledge of hands and atleast 5 link it (maybe with harvest if someone sells it on tft)

3) You should do your 3rd (~10% more dps) and 4th lab

4) i always like to play with cloak of deffiance until replica farruls. You could give that a try, but your hp will be very low then

5) I think crit strikes is not the optimal support gem yet. Maybe go for something like added cold (you can look this up on your pob)

6) Take another crit mastery (e.g. crit multi against uniques or reduced crit damage taken)

In case someone has the money, I made my own version last league with ~9mil pob sirus dps (https://pastebin.com/YN11GW6a)
Last edited by Forxconn on May 19, 2022, 11:56:07 AM
How viable is this these days? I remember this build was so awesome back in the days as a starter
3.21 viable? Hierophant looks attractive this league and I am thinking about tinkering with this. It's been a while though.

I am not sure if there is a nerf I'm forgetting about that make this DOA, and I am also worried about the crucible skill tree for Pledge of Hands being garbage.

Thoughts? I miss this build. Otherwise I may do Trickster cold dot and convert into CoC Ice Nova later on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info