[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

I think self cast FB/IN is probably dead I played it this league and it doesn't feel good I lost over 60% of my damage from previous leagues and im even squishier this league then previous ones when I was pretty much zhp to begin with. Ive put about 50ex or so in my build this league so not a alot but 50 ex for 15m shaper isn't a great return. I was hoping the upcoming league would bring back some power but with the changes to curse medium clusters we are just getting hit again.

TLDR:Shit is Dead

"
DogKind wrote:
I think self cast FB/IN is probably dead I played it this league and it doesn't feel good I lost over 60% of my damage from previous leagues and im even squishier this league then previous ones when I was pretty much zhp to begin with. Ive put about 50ex or so in my build this league so not a alot but 50 ex for 15m shaper isn't a great return. I was hoping the upcoming league would bring back some power but with the changes to curse medium clusters we are just getting hit again.

TLDR:Shit is Dead

yeah, this was my favorite build all time. RIP
Even with the new Masteries still think this build is dead?
I'm also curious if people know how well this build survived through 3.16 Scourge league.

It doesn't look great, but I'm no poe pro. I played this in Deli and absolutely loved it and would enjoy it again if it's not gutted.
I am feeling a bit more confident about things after playing around with the new tree a bit and trying some stuff. That being said I think the build still requires too much investment to make work but who knows, there is still a lot of unknowns with the new leagues content.

Something Ive put together real quick still lots of potential improvement A little scuffed Ive got things all over the place.

POB:https://pastebin.com/YtCAPtAs
i was playing my own ice nova occultist since legion even last league. i dont think its viable atm.
was hoping to find some sort of hint or advice here to make it work.

just to ramp enough up to advance is a lot of investment to access safe red maps.
i was playing it the past 2 leagues as a CI build. i struggle atm to get above 8k es with decent amount of damage.

even if i path for life it dosnt look enough to face endgame without growing grey hair.

the new masteries just make it worse imho most of the time a jewel can provide better results.
The new Ice Nova damage values are giving me the itch...

EDIT: And Blessing will allow another Aura with Essence Worm.
Last edited by RoflsALot on Jan 24, 2022, 5:28:51 PM
This build was the first that came to my mind after reading the 3.17 dev manifesto. Fingers crossed more people will give this build another chance
Something like 59% more damage with that balance manifesto, when applied to the 3.16 PoB. I went through and figured out an equivalent flat cold amount that equates to the increase in the added damage effectiveness as well. Doesn't quite get it back to the glory days, but much more viable than 3.16.

PoB damage from what I calculated on the 3.16 PoB link is now 6,076,015, compared to 3,811,719.

I've probably missed something but will see what others think.

Edit: more like 5,911,307 with the awakened add cold nerf. 55% more damage.

Config modifiers I used:

Adds 212 to 309 cold damage (gem minus add cold)
Adds 39 to 56 cold damage against chilled enemies (gem)
Adds 220 to 324 cold damage (effectiveness adjustment based on PoB calc tab)

----
----251 to 368 cold damage from gem
-39 to -59 for the awakened add cold nerf
Last edited by Subliminal89 on Jan 24, 2022, 6:19:09 PM
I think its closer to 50% but these changes look good. It will be interesting to see the rest of the changes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info