[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

Playing this right now, having an absolute blast! Thanks for the guide!

Permafreeze T16 Metamorphs and kill them in 3 seconds, what a joy to be alive :D
"
Moethelion wrote:
Playing this right now, having an absolute blast! Thanks for the guide!

Permafreeze T16 Metamorphs and kill them in 3 seconds, what a joy to be alive :D

Hey, I checked ur profile, you got a nice setup running, gratz! :)

I'm always wandering how people can accumlate so much wealth that quickly into the league. Like ur staff+pandemomnius+skyforth is already worth over 20 ex at the current market prices, with the rest I guess you are at over 30 ex worth.

Do you have some kind of strategy or just a lot of playing?
"
Omashun wrote:
Hi there,

I have been running this build as the league starter and have been liking it a lot. However, I feel like my damage is lacking? I just 6L'd my Pledge and got Skyforths for my boots.

In PoB I am comparing my character to the "Budget Build" and I can't for the life of me figure out how the Budget build is so much higher in DPS than my character on PoB. Can anyone point me in the right direction for upgrades? Is it my jewels, rings, etc...?

Check my character, I'm melting bosses and everythig else around with 5L. If you can get this, you'll be fine. Don't have 20lvl gems, just one is 19% quality. 88lvl character.
hey guys,

I really enjoy playing this build but I was wondering how should I spend my first exalt ? 6L Pledge ?
"
ploxirion wrote:
Rings have no offensives affixes (cold damage to spells or % cold damage or % damage or assassin's mark), your ice nova is only level 20 and not 21, amulet lacks crit multiplier, your gems don't have quality and aren't level 20. You don't run Cold pen as gem which draw you back by a lot because you don't have enough cold pen for bosses (my guess is you should use cold pen gem until you get a pandemonius). Your amulet isn't annointed. You only have a single decent socketed jewel in the tree (loath solace). I'm not sure either but it seems your arcane surge is too much leveled and isn't proc'ed each time you use a frostbolt.

Thank you for that rundown! Much appreciated and now I know where to look. I am currently saving f or Pandemonius right now and should have that soon. I knew my jewels needed work so that will be a focus for me as well. What would I replace for Cold Pen as I don't see that on the builds PoB?
Is there some way to cut pledge of hand for a rare staff so that you can use "Trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill" craft? so that ice nova triggers when you use frostbolt. Basically wondering if Greater spell echo + 100% inc mana is irreplaceable?
"
Omashun wrote:
"
ploxirion wrote:
Rings have no offensives affixes (cold damage to spells or % cold damage or % damage or assassin's mark), your ice nova is only level 20 and not 21, amulet lacks crit multiplier, your gems don't have quality and aren't level 20. You don't run Cold pen as gem which draw you back by a lot because you don't have enough cold pen for bosses (my guess is you should use cold pen gem until you get a pandemonius). Your amulet isn't annointed. You only have a single decent socketed jewel in the tree (loath solace). I'm not sure either but it seems your arcane surge is too much leveled and isn't proc'ed each time you use a frostbolt.

Thank you for that rundown! Much appreciated and now I know where to look. I am currently saving f or Pandemonius right now and should have that soon. I knew my jewels needed work so that will be a focus for me as well. What would I replace for Cold Pen as I don't see that on the builds PoB?

i'd swap controlled destruction out so your crit chance is higher and you chill/freeze more often.

Oh boy I should have bought pandemonius 2 days ago instead of waiting / spending on a bunch of stuff price went up by 2 exalted :/
Last edited by ploxirion on Dec 18, 2019, 1:52:48 PM
Hallo, i have a question.

why we use the ascendancy Conviction of power?

So I had access to some content tonight. With just a 6L PoH I did :
- A T16 lich
- A T14 Metamorph + Abaxoth thanks to a beyond mod popping Abaxoth during the metamorph boss. It didn't seem hard but I prefered to offscreen both just in case.
- A few juiced T16 maps with mods like extra crit, extra damage etc, just gotta play carefully against ranged mobs
- A level 4 (4 watchstones in the same region) conqueror. Was the lightning one, map was T14 (I think it's always the lowest tier of the region so the maximum is T14). Went fine, he almost one shot me near the end (15%) cause I didn't see his spell on the ground else it was fine
- Chayula breach in a T16.

(All of that deathless)

My stuff isn't exceptional at all, I'm still missing 3 crucials pieces and so far the build performs good. Just lack some survivability against chaos projectiles based mobs (constructs abd the new type spawned by the chaos conqueror) but it'll be fine once I get a pandemonium + perfect form.
Last edited by ploxirion on Dec 18, 2019, 3:03:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info