[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

"
"
NagiSoi wrote:
Does the gmp on frostbolts increase damage or the frozen trail is enough? I assume we need more than 3 balls for optimal damage or gmp is just for clear?

Since i thought unique jewel + slower proj might be more dps for single target or gmp is still better for single target?

Ice Nova that spawns on ball locations is the main damage, not the balls themselves.

I mean, nova has a limit, does having more balls to spamm nova is better for single target compared like frozen trail + slow or no trail + gmp. I know that balls dont really do damage.
So far I'm running a 5L Body armor with Frostbold-FasterCasting-GMP-PowerCharge-ArcaneSurge.

Is there a good 6th gem addition when upgrading to 6L? (the setup with arctic armor is out of the question for now).
Can anyone explain to me the hype and price of Glorious Vanity Timeless Jewel ?

So it gives you damage, that's great, but it is good to begin with anyway AND gives you ES, which is not magic and it makes it half basically, because half of damage now hits life, like chaos does....Plus shitton of attributes are downgraded. I know I like Divine Flesh a lot, but that's at the other end of tree and you would need maxed chaos res. 3.5ex....why bother to buy it even? What am I missing about greatness of it?
Got my staff 6l within 40 clicks! Loving this build!
"
NagiSoi wrote:
"
"
NagiSoi wrote:
Does the gmp on frostbolts increase damage or the frozen trail is enough? I assume we need more than 3 balls for optimal damage or gmp is just for clear?

Since i thought unique jewel + slower proj might be more dps for single target or gmp is still better for single target?

Ice Nova that spawns on ball locations is the main damage, not the balls themselves.

I mean, nova has a limit, does having more balls to spamm nova is better for single target compared like frozen trail + slow or no trail + gmp. I know that balls dont really do damage.

More balls, means more overlapping novas, more damage. The main damage is coming from a lot of overlapping balls (shotgun effect).
Hi there,

I have been running this build as the league starter and have been liking it a lot. However, I feel like my damage is lacking? I just 6L'd my Pledge and got Skyforths for my boots.

In PoB I am comparing my character to the "Budget Build" and I can't for the life of me figure out how the Budget build is so much higher in DPS than my character on PoB. Can anyone point me in the right direction for upgrades? Is it my jewels, rings, etc...?
"
Can anyone explain to me the hype and price of Glorious Vanity Timeless Jewel ?

So it gives you damage, that's great, but it is good to begin with anyway AND gives you ES, which is not magic and it makes it half basically, because half of damage now hits life, like chaos does....Plus shitton of attributes are downgraded. I know I like Divine Flesh a lot, but that's at the other end of tree and you would need maxed chaos res. 3.5ex....why bother to buy it even? What am I missing about greatness of it?

I also want to know this. Also in pob I see the build uses Glorius Vanity Timeless Jewel but it doesnt take any keystone. This means the extra ES and the non-chaos damage thing doesnt apply, right??
"
Omashun wrote:
Hi there,

I have been running this build as the league starter and have been liking it a lot. However, I feel like my damage is lacking? I just 6L'd my Pledge and got Skyforths for my boots.

In PoB I am comparing my character to the "Budget Build" and I can't for the life of me figure out how the Budget build is so much higher in DPS than my character on PoB. Can anyone point me in the right direction for upgrades? Is it my jewels, rings, etc...?

Whats a pastebin for your character? I am running a 5 link with no pledge and feel like I'm doing ok damage wise, although I haven't gotten super far into maps yet.
Champion Bladestorm Super Tank - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2785401
"
GonzoHarratec wrote:
"
Omashun wrote:
Hi there,

Whats a pastebin for your character? I am running a 5 link with no pledge and feel like I'm doing ok damage wise, although I haven't gotten super far into maps yet.

I don't have a pastebin but you could import my character. Account name is Omashun - character name is CooperMorph.
Rings have no offensives affixes (cold damage to spells or % cold damage or % damage or assassin's mark), your ice nova is only level 20 and not 21, amulet lacks crit multiplier, your gems don't have quality and aren't level 20. You don't run Cold pen as gem which draw you back by a lot because you don't have enough cold pen for bosses (my guess is you should use cold pen gem until you get a pandemonius). Your amulet isn't annointed. You only have a single decent socketed jewel in the tree (loath solace). I'm not sure either but it seems your arcane surge is too much leveled and isn't proc'ed each time you use a frostbolt.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info