[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

"
ploxirion wrote:
"
Devant wrote:
Thinking of rolling this build now that my skelemancer is 94 and i'm looking for something a bit more tanky.

Has anyone been able to down awakener with this build?

Seems like you did the awakener challege with your skelemancer, how it went ? This build is tanky on juiced maps as long as you flame dash to avoid volley of projectiles (our biggest threat) but tbh I'm kinda worried about the Awakener since he deals lot of various elemental damage and our sustain in a long fight isn't that great, especially considering he has lot of invul phases and we have a standard leech. So far I didn't face major problems in maps and even ran a few T16 with extra crit / extra dmg / extra amage as elemental but the fights are always short which won't be the case of the Awakener.

How many does he have at awakening level 0 ? Is 70M his hp at max awekning or at level 0 ?

I tried Awakener last night and it is pretty difficult for our build because he is pretty poorly designed right now. No telegraphed attacks, blinks around a lot, and spams his abilities making it hard to ramp up the ice novas on him. I think with practice it might be doable but in terms of sustainability for a longer fight like that it could be a problem.

I also hate the design of Awakener.
Thanks for the replies about awakener, maybe that fight will have to be done on summoner.

What about the conqueror's and general T16 mapping + metamorphosis fights?
Are the end game meta fights pretty easy in this build because everything is frozen?
"
Devant wrote:
Thanks for the replies about awakener, maybe that fight will have to be done on summoner.

What about the conqueror's and general T16 mapping + metamorphosis fights?
Are the end game meta fights pretty easy in this build because everything is frozen?

There's a bug since today's patch that makes Metamorphs immune to freeze (and chill even if it's not specified). I've ran dozens of T16 since the patch, did the metamorph each time even in juiced maps and despite not being able to chill/freeze it I managed to kill it without any trouble at all. Same goes for general mapping / T16 bosses.

Haven't fought shaper / guardians yet so I won't comment on that, though from my understanding they just have more HP (so we'll have to check how we manage the sustain). Did 3 elder guardians, no problems (but they now have less HP than shaper guardians ~32M vs 24M).

Conquerors in 4 socketed regions are a joke excepted the lightning one if you don't pay attention. Basically you can almost facetank Drox. Veritania is just "don't stand in the big flashing circle is she isn't on your screen". Al-Hezmin is a bit tricky but only require the poison immunity pantheon, and you just kite him, his patterns are really slow letting you ramp Ice nova damage while he is attacking a spot. Baran isn't that hard either though it's a bit harder to see his attacks on the ground and he has some damage but did it deathless.

You won't be able to freeze most bosses with this build (guardians, conquerors etc) because they all have a hidden attribute ( "Cannot be fully Slowed" which often limit to -30%)
I have a question: Why is the glorious vanity socketed next to CI? If you would put it in the socket near Pain Attunement you could save like 4-5 skillpoints. You lose the Nimbleness cluster instead of Throatseeker cluster. Just seems straight up better to me, but i would like to hear why this location isnt picked in the original guide.
That's a good point. 3 free skillpoints for using the slot near Pain Attunement and all you lose is a little movement and some cast speed. Seems like a good trade off?

What are your dream items for the build now that orbs are finally starting to flow into the market?

Hunter/Redeemer armor with additional curse and frenzy charge on hit/1.5% spell crit seems cool. With the weights of the mods seems like those will be almost impossible to get though.
I think i kind of answered the question myself: I think it is because the 30str/dex nodes are only 1 pointers, which means if you get a good jewel that changes those two to ritual of stillness and thaumaturgical aptitude (the one with spelldmg/spellcrit) its pretty insane. I still think the one near pain attunement is better if you dont get a jewel with both those passives on exactly the 30 stat nodes
Last edited by Celdro on Dec 20, 2019, 5:11:37 PM
Yo anyone know how I could increase my damage further? Except 6L cuz I can't afford that. Just did a lvl81 Drox and got stomped. It took me like 12minutes to bring him down to 1/4th health. Then he started spawning too many Flags and I couldn't damage him anymore. Then first death,2nd,3rd,4th,5th,6th. F . I don't think that just the 6L will make that much of a difference so I am sure I'm doing something else wrong. Just have no fking idea what.
Hope somebody can help me, my profile is public.

"
NameMerken wrote:
Yo anyone know how I could increase my damage further? Except 6L cuz I can't afford that. Just did a lvl81 Drox and got stomped. It took me like 12minutes to bring him down to 1/4th health. Then he started spawning too many Flags and I couldn't damage him anymore. Then first death,2nd,3rd,4th,5th,6th. F . I don't think that just the 6L will make that much of a difference so I am sure I'm doing something else wrong. Just have no fking idea what.
Hope somebody can help me, my profile is public.

Swap Hypotermia for Cold Pen., you're clearly lacking cold penetration against bosses. Downgrade Arcane Surge to lvl 5 to be sure to proc it with each frostbolt, be sure to refresh frostbolt each time it expires since Drox is the tankier of all 4. Swap your abyssal jewel for one with cold damage to spells (even only one affix of cold damage is enougj, I still haven't got my hands on a double one). Jewels socketed in the tree should prioritize crit multi which brings much damage than cast speed / spell damage / cold damage. And the most important thing is to get Ice Nova to level 21. The damage difference is quite huge when compared to your level 18.
Also, not sure about your amulet but it seems more of a placeholder, you could look for a cheap offensive one (or a talisman). For amulets you want crit multi / spell damage / cast speed. For talismans either a Chrysalis, a Deep one, a Wereclaw, a Rotfeather. Any of these rolled wtih crit multi (20+, you should aim for 30+) and 20+ spell damage will be fine.

"
Celdro wrote:
I think i kind of answered the question myself: I think it is because the 30str/dex nodes are only 1 pointers, which means if you get a good jewel that changes those two to ritual of stillness and thaumaturgical aptitude (the one with spelldmg/spellcrit) its pretty insane. I still think the one near pain attunement is better if you dont get a jewel with both those passives on exactly the 30 stat nodes

I'm wondering in both cases if it's worth it. Having damage bypassing ES on an already low life pool (even with 50% MoM) against tougher bosses doesn't seem a great idea until the build is min-maxed. I prefered investing in a watcher's eye for MoM and awakened gems despite requiring a lot of xp. Not having to rely on hypothermia is awesome with the currently bugged metamorph. I'd kill to get my hands on awakened curse on hit or awakened spell echo but they're both mirror tier :x

I really need to find what to do with my rings, either multictaft the coral one or mix it with the new influence. But gosh my helmet needs so much work first, I need to get better gloves so I can get a cold damage to spell helmet and enchant it :/
Last edited by ploxirion on Dec 20, 2019, 6:03:19 PM
Low life CI on this build...? Worthabuy?
Last edited by ShoveMoneyDeeper on Dec 20, 2019, 6:44:03 PM
Managed to kill sirus with this build, prob need to change flask for that fight

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info