Content Update 3.9.0 -- Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

How many people used ranged attack totem in the previous league?

I couldn't find a single person in the entire poe.ninja database.

Now it deals 41% less damage (from 26%), and always has 50% less attack speed (from 30%)

AND it's now placed at melee range.

Can you share your thought process behind this one?
"

https://steamcharts.com/app/238960#1y

This game will be flatlined in a year. The pool of new players is drying up, veterans leaving in droves, all the while the GGG butt-goo-slurpers pretend it's all ok.

When D4 comes out, this game will be toast. Blizz is going back to their roots of D2. It's glorious to see.
"
Yeah cause THIS time is different right? All the other times people said this it didn't happen, but you will be the one that is right! Also tons of us were around before the game moved to steam and don't see any reason to switch over so the steam charts are missing a huge amount of the player base.

"

Did you even look at the steam charts?

Last 30 Days 11,899.3 -177.4 -1.47% 24,832
November 2019 12,076.7 -2,830.7 -18.99% 24,832
October 2019 14,907.5 -10,352.7 -40.98% 31,634
September 2019 25,260.2 +14,316.5 +130.82% 74,653
August 2019 10,943.6 -15,470.6 -58.57% 25,500
July 2019 26,414.3 -22,076.8 -45.53% 53,530
June 2019 48,491.1 +35,387.0 +270.05% 113,258

The rate which the game is dying in steam would most likely reflect the rate it's dying not on steam. Just because you throw money at the game doesn't mean it's thriving, it's not. The facts are there.

PoE Peaked in Dec 2018. A year ago. Since then it has done nothing but slowly die. The last 3 months it died at a very fast pace. Blight did nothing for the game. Instead of fixing the game, they added boring content and horrible balance that they just push to sell people MTX and force new bag space purchases and people have caught on. All these new currencies that magically "don't have currency slots yet." Like it's an accident. Tell yourself whatever you want but it's dying. Dying. Dying. Watch the numbers. Not your personal investments in this game. Your 15 supporter packs don't tickle Tencents pockets in the least.

Do notice GGG did not release a major update for a while, betrayal was the latest but it wasn't that major, still betrayal was the peak, if you notice something, major content updates ahem ahem (atlas,oriath --- conquerers) cause the game to Spike and reinvigorate the growth, betrayal reinvigorated the player numbers but not growth because it's not that major.

Looking at this there is a large possiblity the next leagues will be larger and larger in player numbers untill it settles again untill the next major update -- 4.0
Last edited by GETTOto2 on Dec 11, 2019, 4:33:53 AM
What a book of changes!

Thanks for structuring the patch notes nicely.
I will read them, if I have the time to spend...
Let's explore new playstyles - Play it your own way, not just like the others.
Quality management is one of the most underrated success factors in every business...
"
Bakudan wrote:
"
Tsaar wrote:

Blizzard and Riot Games and all these other developers do the same thing. The purpose is to remove player agency and creativity. They don't want you to grow as a player and expand your mind. They want you to obey and consume, nothing more. [Removed by Support]. Hope this makes sense to you.

That's exactly the opposite, instead of sitting on the same OP builds every league you just have to completely rethink new builds, experiment new gameplay mechanics, rethink what have now value and how to make it worth.

And also make the game not feeling more and more trivialise/easy because they nerf and make it harder, at least a bit.

Exactly what people need to not being bored of playing the same thing over and over with no thinking and no challenges.

That's the best way to do it, force it, because people/human are lazy by default and will never get out their zone of confort/lazyness is they are not forced to do it. (just look at everything IRL, if you don't got pollution disease and issues, nobody will care, until people are in the deadline, they don't move).

Thanks GGG understand this at least.

(Expand your mind if they is no nerf... you mean expand your powercreep and loot... that's just lazyness)

I disagree because GGG is dictating the OP builds every league. There's less and less thinking involved nowadays. Just from these patch notes it's already clear what the meta is going to be and what most player will be playing. I disagree with being forced something as a good thing, if some one wants to play the same thing for the rest of his life, nothing is wrong with that, but exactly GGG wants to be the boss and remove player agency. GGG wasn't like this in the past.
Last edited by KieranS_GGG on Dec 11, 2019, 4:37:09 AM
"
y3lw0rC wrote:
SO WHERE THE F*CK IS THAT MEMORY LEAK FIX!?

It was introduced in 3.8 and you have admitted yourselves "unusually high" memory usage. SO I ASK YOU AGAIN, WHAT THE F*CK? MEMORY LOAD IN TOWNS GOT ABYSMAL.

You don't give a rats a*s don't you GGG? You don't plan to fix the sh*t you have created yourselves? You make stupid posts for damage control and then you just abandon the work you have to do?

I'm completely disappointed and SO PISSED.

Not gonna buy a single cr*p from you until you sort your engine, memory or whatever problems.

You think that’s bad? Play on console sometime. The game crashes almost every hour unless you mute the sound effects — and even then, you still crash while in town randomly. I’ve blue screened more times playing PoE than all other games combined. Then there’s the performance issues where the game drops to 1 frame every 2-3 seconds (I’m not exaggerating either) every time there’s a dense map with bloodlines, harbinger, or desecrated ground mods let alone breaches, legion monoliths, or blight encounters.There hasn’t even been an acknowledgement by GGG that they’re aware of the issues despite post after post about it on their own message boards.

And now, as of this league, console will be officially BEHIND PC in content. Literally the exact opposite of Diablo 3 when it went to consoles.

GGG doesn’t give a shit about console. Only a matter of time until that attitude spills over on PC too. But hey, there’s new shiny supporter packs, right? How about that mobile game everyone wanted?
"
_Interrupt_ wrote:
How many people used ranged attack totem in the previous league?

I couldn't find a single person in the entire poe.ninja database.

Now it deals 41% less damage (from 26%), and always has 50% less attack speed (from 30%)

AND it's now placed at melee range.

Can you share your thought process behind this one?

I've played Toxic rain Quill rain RAT, primarily as my Delve character. The melee changes basically killed the build, because pushing cart with melee range totems, thus recasting every few seconds is NOT FUN. Also, this destroys their ability to tank.
Last edited by Sixtysan on Dec 11, 2019, 4:47:42 AM
"
HeroEvermore wrote:

PoE Peaked in Dec 2018. A year ago. Since then it has done nothing but slowly die.

Complete BS.

Steam charts data, avg players per month on a year basis
(avg monthly added together divided by 11months excluding december on both calculations because we dont have data yet)

Avg players per month in 2018: 23.435
Avg players per month in 2019: 23.373

that not even a 1% decline in avg. player numbers.

D Y I N G G A M E.

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me.
Last edited by KalHirol on Dec 11, 2019, 4:48:22 AM
Holy shit, EA is back??

hype meter level: over 90000
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Last edited by girng on Dec 11, 2019, 4:48:33 AM
Overall, I really like all the announcements from this! I'm totally fine with multi mods being nerfed, and I'm pretty pumped for the next league!

There is only one thing I want to say, and it's about this:

"
Raise Zombies had too much damage and life for a small investment. They've been lowered in power slightly in several ways: lower base damage, lower area on their Slam, no life multiplier per gem level and a longer Slam cooldown.

I'm not sure why the zombie gem itself is getting hit this hard. I feel like this might have been a reaction to all the Necromancers that were playing a "The Baron" Zombiemancer type build with Mon'tregul's. I'm totally fine with less zombie slams, and less base damage, but I think totally removing the life multiplier from the gem is a little too harsh, because this is really going to hurt other Ascendancy classes that use zombies, such as Guardian, Occultist and Ascendant. Those ascendancies don't get any minion life from their tree, unlike Necromancer, so now if you want to use Zombies it's not going to be very good in the higher tier maps and end game encounters.

I played a Guardian in 3.8, and I was running 10 zombies, and even though I was pretty decently specced into Minion Life from the tree, my zombies would die on tough tier 15s and 16s occasionally. Even though I had them on a 6 link with meat shield, minion life, empower, and fortify, they would still die pretty easily against uber elder, even though they had about 50k life. I feel like with these nerfs to the zombie life, other ascendancies will struggle to even get 35k life on their zombies, thus making them (most likely) not viable in the end game.

I feel like the zombie life nerf was only aimed as a reaction to everyone playing Necromancer, and possibly with Mon'tregul's and The Baron. I feel like a more viable nerf would be to slightly lower the zombie life multiplier per gem level(rather than completely remove it), then also nerf the life to zombies on Mon'tregul's, and the bonus zombies gain from strength from The Baron. I think this would lower the power of zombies on Necromancer, but still make them a viable option on other ascendancies that can play as a summoner. Because honestly, these nerfs won't change much for a necro baron zombiemancer anyways(they still won't die), but I feel like it will completely gut zombie's viability for other ascendancies.

Just my two cents based on my experiences playing a zombie using Guardian last league!
ignite arrow looks like a god wouw so mcuh dmg
gzzzzzzzzz

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info