Development Manifesto: Balance in Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

Heyaaa ! Do all thes changes mean that the price of challenges will rise :-? That would make me soooo sad :( No more shiny totems in hideout :(
"
KillerFit wrote:
I Gotta ask GGG HOW are Zombies too strong?

I have NEVER made a Summoner before,and made one last week!

45ex Inverstment gave me 6 Zombies at 220 000K dps each!

6x220 000 dps is 1 320 000 Dps.Since WHEN is 1.3 Mil dps "Insane Damage"?

Oh,you meant the 150 Ex Summoner builds?If thats the case,well GGG you are either trying to get rid of the majority low end builds in the game,or you are trying to have a game which consist of the top tier 1% Builds and Players?

In any case this game loses integrity with the old players like me for example on that Basis!

For real ? 45EX for this not much ?

I played 2weeks SSF my necro, my first one too (95), i had :
9 Zombies (4Link) with 95k/105k slam Shaper dps each = 0.9M DPS
+ 4 Vall Advocate 6link (2 fire 2 lightning for EE) Spectre firing each 7Balls of 130k Shaper DPS (+Shock on mobs) (around 500K off screening dps) and those have 200k life, even on reflect map the don't die.
+ 4 skeletons (105k dps each = +420k shaper dps)
+ On boss : +22 Skull (95K each = 2M DPS) without counting the other Mage/Archer ones

That around 4M Shaper DPS on bosses (a bit less actually since they don't all hit i guess, but even more when clearing maps since around 30% more damage against regular mobs)

This with 0 Craft, 0 Multimods, 0 Helm enchant (+2minions gems +1 max zombie on item dropped) or stuff (Just a dropped Minions Wand, Victario Charity shield (+3 frenzy and power charge on all minions) and that's it)
With 5600life and 1k es on crappy gear

It was literaly a Walking Dead gameplay^^', just casting flam dash and bones armor while flying over the maps.
I guess with the "nerf" i will be a 3M Shaper dps with still a regular gear now...
Last edited by Bakudan on Dec 12, 2019, 7:37:43 AM
"
Langhun wrote:
Most changes looks reasonable to me but I'm very dissapointed about the multicraft mod change. :(

You know it was fun to be able to make your own item with your own preferences without relying on the RNG so much. It was expensive and it also cost you 1 suffix slot. However it always gave me sense of progression towards archivable end game goal. Of course it is still possible to create your own item - with the gambling. But there is already so much gambling and now things got less accessible again.

I've been playing the game for quite some time and never really got to the point when I would spent 10 ex on an item craft. Having 2 ex means being rich to me. You can call me a bad player but the thing is that I was never really interested in trading and pricing stuff (work). I love building my character, experimenting with the game mechanics and fighting monsters. Unfortuantelly game isn't very friendly towards players like me unless I spend insane amount of time in the game.

Anyway make things more accessible in the game is a good thing. That's why multicraft mod was so popular.

So yeah...

Saying that I just want to add that I really appreciate increased difficulty which is not achived by increased monster damage.
I hope that one day the game will offer combat experience again since I'm not into the running simulator all that much.
"
Enteop wrote:
Sad, that minions got nerfed down so hardly. Loved the new Zombies and now, its again a lame skill....peeposad

Just try skeletons, you will be happy, They cant nerf necro to do bone xD so many different things you can do, Spectres ;_
Last edited by InfectedVirus on Dec 12, 2019, 7:45:40 AM
"
Bakudan wrote:
"
KillerFit wrote:

Oh,you meant the 150 Ex Summoner builds?If thats the case,well GGG you are either trying to get rid of the majority low end builds in the game,or you are trying to have a game which consist of the top tier 1% Builds and Players?

In any case this game loses integrity with the old players like me for example on that Basis!

+ 4 Vall Advocate 6link (2 fire 2 lightning for EE) Spectre firing each 7Balls of 130k Shaper DPS (+Shock on mobs) (around 500K off screening dps) and those have 200k life, even on reflect map the don't die.
+ On boss : +22 Skull (95K each = 2M DPS) without counting the other Mage/Archer ones

That around 4M Shaper DPS on bosses (a bit less actually since they don't all hit i guess, but even more when clearing maps since around 30% more damage against regular mobs)

This with 0 Craft, 0 Multimods, 0 Helm enchant (+2minions gems +1 max zombie on item dropped) or stuff (Just a dropped Minions Wand, Victario Charity shield (+3 frenzy and power charge on all minions) and that's it)

It was literaly a Walking Dead gameplay^^', just casting flam dash and bones armor while flying over the maps.
I guess with the "nerf" i will be a 3M Shaper dps with still a regular gear now...
"
Bakudan wrote:
"
KillerFit wrote:

Also, 45ex? My chaR From blight worth less, but he melting lika a two bosses. When you have time,do a research other builds. My profile is public too. POE Ninja, few looks and you can save 20ex min for the next league. Cheers
Last edited by InfectedVirus on Dec 12, 2019, 7:57:52 AM
"
Upforsale wrote:
I think changes are AWESOME .. I am not a streamer, I do not play 24/7, heck, I have barely time to play at all, but all this entitled whining about not being able to crush every endgame content in seconds with formerly broken stuff, or whatever go to build they had I find just ridiculous.

And this whole "1-build-league" whining is just stupid. people just flock to whatever is new and fresh and hyped, in no way does it mean that it's the only thing viable.

It's not about crushing endgame, it's about fairness. Melee was never really strong except of cyclone. With the great melee buff which came about 2-3 leagues before, where all melee attacks got an overhaul, they was mostly nerfed, except of cyclone which was already totally madness. Any melee skill got a penalty to their attack speed of at least 15-25% which is pure and so makes even a 2.0 attackspeed weapon with heavy investment, multistrike (which got also nerfed immense) and faster attacks feel like shit. Back in the days you were able to reach like 20 attacks per second with a none raider build with proper equipment, now you are lucky if you reach 11-12. Most melee skills lack heavily clearspeed or bosskilling potential or overall the possibility to get used in end game.

While bow skills were and always will be meta. They was never weak and will be all day better as any melee, cause you have heavy damage which gives you clear and boss damage + you can always have a good distance to your enemies. Even with a skill which isn't actually supposed to be boss killing you can reach very easily enough to faceroll endgame(, till now).

I like playing 6-7 chars in 1 league, but melee just getting worse.... while anything else like it feels and looks, get buffed.

I don't understand the screams and whinings about summoners nerf, cause they was also always strong enough to deal with all content with the right investment and with this summoner league, you were able to literally destroy any content with nothing, especially if a 6L was about 30-40c, none tabula.

I hope the league will be better as the patchnotes tell they will get.

Peace and have fun

"
KillerFit wrote:

Dude,.... My summoner has not even 10 ex investment, I used my zombies as support and they were doing 127.000 default attack and slam 144.600 dps (Links: Raise zombie, summon phantasms, feeding frenzy, death mark, meat shield, minion life and empower), with 9 zombies. So in total 1.143.000 shaper dps,.....without slam and without a good offensive socket setup.

Character stats:

5867 Life
2602 Mana (1300 unreserved for MoM)
683 ES + spirit offering about 1400 ES = 2k
------------------------------------------
~9k EHP

If you want, check out my summmoner, profile is none private. The characters name is "Swarms_overmind". Configuration options to check are "does minions use power/ frenzy charges", mark feeding frenzy and deathmark. That's all. I have no convoking wands or two handed maces with +3 to all sockets and also no enchantments or anything else which would be costly. the most expensive items was the 6L Body Armour, rotting legion, which is actually a 7L with the level 1 meat shield on it, for 1 ex.

PS.: Killed uelder twice
Last edited by Ondrugs on Dec 12, 2019, 11:35:16 AM
Thinking about it. Any nerf to summoners will only effect their boss killing, so i'll run my necro league starter like usual fly through maps.

Then if I feel the boss fights aren't doable i'll use all my mapping moneys to make a bow build. By this time they will have tried all the new skills so I can dodge the potato ones. (New Lancing steel league start flashbacks *shudder*)
"
HazaRdReborN wrote:
Did anybody else read the whole thing in Chris Wilsons' voice? xD
I don't know who Natalia GGG is and who wrote the "balance" patch up, but I was totally reading it as if I had Chris on a stage giving me a speech. hahaha

I am positively reluctant for this new patch. Positively as I see plenty good in it, reluctant as I can smell it backfiring and playing out quite bad and feel nothing other than a nerf manifesto than just balancing.

Will have to wait and see.

About those multi-mod changes. Ummm, that shit was so expensive and time consuming to get in the first place. Since we are on the nerf page, any word on nerfing the cost of it and also how much we need to do to actually get it? An exalt cost nerf alone should be enough.

Not that I ever did it anyway, like I said, shit was too expensive. Its there for 5% of the community of PoE. So technically, they just nerfed the higher up players, lol. And since I am seeing so many of you in here from comments take a dump on the casual player and some even, shockingly, being happy that the game creates more of an entry barrier, well then I can only repay in the same favour and throw a finger towards you guys as well as your end game builds get nerfed :)

All jokes aside though, some comments I read in here... Some of you should really be ashamed to even call yourselves thinking human beings. One guy went ahead to justify certain changes with a remark as stupid as "its a f2p game, thats why you try it and leave if you don't like it" along with calling people crybabies.

Wow, I didn't know the tongue to some of you reached that far up a developers ass :D

As for that one statement alone, as not to respond to every kind of crazy I read in here I'll just comment on that one thing, ummmm, you do realise half the people "crying like babies" have been playing the game for half a decade right? Try what out? Someone drop you on your head when you where born?

Its a F2P game and many of us have been here for over half a decade and DROPPED REAL CASH on it. Your argument is invalid. It applies only to newcomers, which most likely will indeed just drop the game, which is the last thing you want for a game trying to grow its audience.

We comment in the forums and give our feedback because we are part of the process that shapes the game to what it is. We have invested time, cash, in some peoples cases lots of it, to PoE and deserve to share our opinion on a title we enjoy to ensure we keep enjoying it. If some of you see that as entitled crybabies, then there is all kinds of wrong with you.

We are all here to share our opinions on the matter and all are invested as much as each other more or less. How do most of you think these changes came to be in the first place? By feedback.

Sure is funny, if they made the game easier based on feedback, then the lot of you would be running around whining that the game got buffed because of a couple crybabies that can't play... wont you in that case need to also shut up and leave the game you tried out? lol. Hypocrisy at its best. Now that the tables are turned all of a sudden those that disagree are "morons" "entitled children" and need to "sod off from a game they have been playing for years".... Kudos to you peeps. No wonder why none of you are developers and just grinders, if you were, you wouldn't make it a month.

Aaaaanyway. Excited to try the new patch out. Fingers crossed it sticks the landing.

Yeah iam mostly satisfiyed by the manifesto myfew concerns evolve arund:

1. Pysical spells will suck ( bladevoertex and shockwavetotem)
2. onehanded non crit pysical dmg based build will suck too ( high armor, small hits and curseresitent bosses will be a pain)
3. finite scaling options for dots ( bane, ed, ignite....) suffer from resist and monsterlife buffs mostly in endgameencounters... ( i expect uberelder to have like 100m hp with like 500k dot against 30-50% reist you will fight forever.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info