Development Manifesto: Balance in Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

"
nGio wrote:

I had to look you up man. I was thinking "look at the god complex on this one. Self proclaimed smart and resourceful? He must be some kind of build savant, way ahead of the meta with some weird Iron Commander build or something".

So I took a look....a bunch of Clayshaper Golem chars. The most braindead easy mode build I've ever played. During the melee update, I was farming Uber with a 5L Golem on day 3, and it funded my Cycloner. You're not smart or resourceful! You're just running the same budget copy/paste Golem build that's been faceroll forever, but avoids attention because it's boring to play and boring to watch. You call other people "lazy", but you spam the same build, with the same cookie cutter gear, on a build that plays itself. Smart and resourceful?

Your deduction was correct. I'm a casual player that has very little spare time to play yet I found a way to tackle endgame content on a budget without a need to multimod sht.

In my understanding this post was supposed to offend me in some way but all you managed to do was just prove my point :rolleyes:

If golems get nerfed to the ground, guess what, I'll find a new way to get my 24 challanges, atlas completed and uElder done on a budget. But definitely not gonna run around forums crying about it.

Like I said this is life. Be smart about it and find a way to get what you need or be miserable. Your choice.
Last edited by yakoob on Dec 10, 2019, 6:02:56 PM
"
lvfwindigo wrote:
"
Smear wrote:
"
FramFramson wrote:
Well, I'll say this. Whatever opinions you happen to have about these changes, keep an eye on player number reports.

There's your measure of whether these changes were good or not.

https://steamcharts.com/app/238960#1y

The decline has been evident for awhile. GGG keeps doubling down on dumb. There is a saying in stock analysis, let the trend be your friend.

They are not paying attention to the trend at all. This league will be abysmal by the numbers.

You do realize that a lot of people skipped this league for classic launch, right?

I for my part skipped it because i hated the idea of tower defense with useless towers in this league.
and from what ive been reading here, it was bullshit regarding blighted maps and some encounters were rather "funny" when spawning range attack enemys...
hmmm, a 90% nerf patch. Hope they do something extra special or this next league could be rather quiet.
nerf to dps for 2h weapon and increase life and res of bosses... so why all this rip to melee? why u shutted ur brain off :D
All my builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1830178
TYVM
best game!

I got two cool ideas actually i've been wanting to share! A loot goblin that opens strongboxes and a spell gem (or curse rework) which quickly curses everything Many times and for every curse applied blows them up together with a bang and this boom builds up depending on how many curses applied and deal no damages unless you stopped casting on that specific monsters for Two point four seconds so you have to run around a little before they go off. This is not a duration and a "stack gem"
What you think?
Last edited by ehblanc on Dec 10, 2019, 7:30:48 PM
"
Heiwananas wrote:
So many crybabies that don't want to think with their brain.

Git gud scrubs

Thank you Lord Vortex on a 5 link, now get back to licking GGG's ass.
So really hope you have some sort of penetration nodes available for minions, otherwise how are you even supposed to play a summoner after this. With how armor works and destroys a large number of small hits, if you cant specifically pen to minions, you have completely destroyed a cool build that compelled me to start playing this game last season. Hope there are minion pen nodes or off to another game. I played d2 for almost a decade because i loved the necro, if this ends up being an oversight, im gone, back to d2. I dont care if its top tier, i just want it to be playable into higher mapping.
Last edited by osirisis42 on Dec 10, 2019, 6:37:35 PM
"
GeoffC wrote:
hmmm, a 90% nerf patch. Hope they do something extra special or this next league could be rather quiet.

I disagree, there are a lot of buffs, the issue is that this manifesto does its best to clearly highlight the negative changes while glossing over the buffs.

> All ranged attack skills have been reviewed, with most receiving numerical adjustments, mostly buffs. Specific skills being changed mechanically have been talked about in this article.
> Arc, Soulrend, Molten Strike, Shattering Steel, Lancing Steel, Venom Gyre and more have been buffed. This is a buff.

Those two lines alone cover quite a large range of buffs to skills.

There is a lot of negativity here, the nerfs aren't that big, multi mod changes are good for the game (gives a reason to do crafting and use uniques as opposed to just multimoding everything), zombies were way to overpowered already and trivialised the content, they will still be a strong build just not SSSSS tier.

My only concern here is the affect that the increased armour has on melee phys builds which we will have to wait and see.

Zombies / Spectre builds will still dominate the meta especially for HC SSF.
Last edited by fezza213 on Dec 10, 2019, 6:38:32 PM
[Some modifiers no longer appear on Shaper or Elder items, like the "increased Physical Damage and Socketed Gems are Supported By" modifiers on Two-Handed Weapons.]

Some ways of interpreting this:

1. Two-Handed Weapon never ever can role this mod
2. Other than Shaper and Elder can have the mod

I would love to still have my 7-link but when they want to get rid of them I can't complain I definitely felt the power spike when playing it. Maybe that will be trow me back to not be able to kill bosses since I am not the best Poe player but I will see what the league will give me. If worst comes to worst I will only play a few weeks and didn't craft anything at all.

But one thing is never to forget you can't get better if you didn't change anything so maybe I will be animated to better understand PoE and get better at crafting

Thanks for your insight and I wish all player a lot of fun and some incredible loot for this new league
"
Magnadra wrote:
[Some modifiers no longer appear on Shaper or Elder items, like the "increased Physical Damage and Socketed Gems are Supported By" modifiers on Two-Handed Weapons.]

Some ways of interpreting this:

1. Two-Handed Weapon never ever can role this mod
2. Other than Shaper and Elder can have the mod

I would love to still have my 7-link but when they want to get rid of them I can't complain I definitely felt the power spike when playing it. Maybe that will be trow me back to not be able to kill bosses since I am not the best Poe player but I will see what the league will give me. If worst comes to worst I will only play a few weeks and didn't craft anything at all.

But one thing is never to forget you can't get better if you didn't change anything so maybe I will be animated to better understand PoE and get better at crafting

Thanks for your insight and I wish all player a lot of fun and some incredible loot for this new league

The assumption here is that they have been removed from the game entirely. I find it more likely that they no longer appear on shaper/elder items, and they can be obtained elsewhere, perhaps on the new influence types. Otherwise the line would have said that some mods have been removed from the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info