Development Manifesto: Balance in Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

Well, I'll say this. Whatever opinions you happen to have about these changes, keep an eye on player number reports.

There's your measure of whether these changes were good or not.
nice, thankyou.
A
Nice!
"
nskLantash wrote:
"
Nytmaer wrote:
I'll still play necro. You can't stop me ;-;

Skele summoners are probably laughing pretty hard right now, seeing as how they're basically untouched :D.

Spectre nerf seems a touch harsh, bu-ut i've not played spectres in 3.8 so idk if it's a really big deal.
Zombie life got hit pretty bad though.

You do realize this manifesto isn't patch notes right?

Skeletons could get hit.

3rd Spectre from gem at level 21 was too easy mode. Moving to gem level 25 is kind of harsh. 21 gem + 2 ascendancy + 1 convoking wand (which now is harder to roll)... you still aren't there. But there is Empower and +1 socketed gems armour, assuming they didn't remove it. I suppose one can dual wield +1 Convoking wands, and now that I think about, one of the new Influence mods on a ammy is +1 minion gems, so maybe gem level 25 is justified.

As to Zombies, over nerfed if you ask me. Lowering the base damage is fine. Lower base aoe is fine. Increasing the slam cooldown, is yikes, but still acceptable. In fact, all 3 of these together is probably acceptable. However, what is not acceptable is the outright removal of the increased life mod per gem level, especially in combination with the other 3 nerfs. Anyhow, pre-buff, the main problem with Zombies was them dieing, being one-shot in latter red/maps and end game. You want to reduce Zombie life, fine, cut the current buff per level in half. Outright removal of the life per level modifier, especially in a league where end game was just buffed, you are just recreating the survivability problem that existed prior to 3.8.

I can agree Baron Zombies were too strong, and some Zombie nerfs were required, but with the DPS nerfs, the survivability nerf is like way overkill.
"
Auxion wrote:
Why buff molten strike? its had plenty of time in the sun, while so many melee skills sit in the dark.

Because they over nerfed it, to the point of no one using it.
+
"
Belormoroth wrote:
Looks like i can delete my necro...

Spectre nerf.
Zombies nerf.
Feeding frenzy nerf.
No buffs.

I can be wrong but "balance" for me is deleting one thing and adding other thing not deleting few things. Seems that nerfomancer is useless after patch.

yes ferrari lost few horses and they run on 95 octans but its still fkin ferrari :D
"
Galtrovan wrote:
"
Auxion wrote:
Why buff molten strike? its had plenty of time in the sun, while so many melee skills sit in the dark.

Because they over nerfed it, to the point of no one using it.

they actually just nerfed it with point blank
"
"
Auxion wrote:

Molten strike is indirectly nerfed in this expansion by lowering damage bonus on Point Blank keystone from 50% to 30%.

Crap. Forgot the PB nerf. Considering PB is key to MS, I wonder if the touted MS buff will even be a buff.
It will be fine . if I don't like someone, let them play shit diablo :-)

AVE PATH OF EXILE ! ! !

I am faithful to the path of exile, I will stay with this game for good and bad---AMEN
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198020878493/
Last edited by KAISERpl on Dec 10, 2019, 4:04:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info