Development Manifesto: Balance in Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

The struggle to wait for
G.G.G. is Awesome!!!
"
Straylightd wrote:
its crazy! do they even play the game? nothing was wrong with arc, the dmg was fine. they nerfed the aoe which sucked ,but fuck it, ARC is back boys!

They'll buff the damage and leave the range as it is now, just watch :D.

Also i didn't realise just how massive the zombie life nerf is, it's straight up ~15k hp loss, hot damn.
dank
Why are they buffing all the enemies and bosses while nerfing bows/bow-skills and all player defences, heading into a bow themed bossing league?

As it is, bosses give no reward or loot of value, nor any reason to interact with them outside of needing to for getting more master missions.

Do the people making these balance changes actually work with the people designing the new league?

Also, why are we still kicking melee while it's down. It's dead already.
Last edited by Adambjjoz on Dec 9, 2019, 9:18:10 PM
Nerfs nerfs nerfs nerfs nerfs and some more nerfs.
This is not a now league...you nerfed everything and buffed bosses..
Did you used your heads when thinking that this is going to be an now league ?!
Last edited by crashbashl on Dec 9, 2019, 9:19:47 PM
"
Adambjjoz wrote:
while nerfing bow-skills

It literally says that most of the bow skills got buffs, some of them significant ones.
Relax, we'll still be able to one-shot entire screens with tornado shot 2 weeks into the league, it's not that bad.
(note that the sentence above isn't directed at you specifically, i've no idea if you play TS or not :D. It's just, well, a lot of the people that complain about nerfs tend to then turn around and complain about powercreep just a few weeks\days\hours later)
Last edited by nskLantash on Dec 9, 2019, 9:21:49 PM
"
Bows have been consistently viable for quite a few leagues.

That is the under-statement of the day.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Make it slower, make it harder, nerf, nerf, nerf... that's all I hear since exilecon.

Can we enjoy a build for two leagues before nerfs so I could start a league with no b.s.? Not everyone is a streamer and plays for living to try 5 builds in a league. Its just frustrating that so much shit has to break every league. I mean multimod, supported by, point blank and minions?

I'm not inspired for weekend to be honest

"
Thullus wrote:
Sounds good.

Any word on if chain hook will stop causing instance crashes in 3.9?

This. Chain hook is fun. Let it be a thing!

Also good job on cracking down on these honestly overpowered mechanics and adjusting things to be more in line with PoE's vision.
I'm sad that my league start build is nerfed but at the same time, I am seeing plenty of potential in the new opportunities you're providing to continue to have fun.

Gogo nerfbat! :D
it become trend now at ggg hq? nerf and buff and you call it "balance" ? follow the leag trend? what happen to make your own build?

"
saragart wrote:
Make it slower, make it harder, nerf, nerf, nerf... that's all I hear since exilecon.

Can we enjoy a build for two leagues before nerfs so I could start a league with no b.s.? Not everyone is a streamer and plays for living to try 5 builds in a league. Its just frustrating that so much shit has to break every league. I mean multimod, supported by, point blank and minions?

I'm not inspired for weekend to be honest

agree with this.
Last edited by ariyako on Dec 9, 2019, 9:25:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info