Development Manifesto: Balance in Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

Last edited by elesham4ever on Feb 15, 2020, 1:14:55 AM
Last edited by elesham4ever on Feb 15, 2020, 1:15:00 AM
"
elesham4ever wrote:
"
DomzyPrivs wrote:
I hope GGG understands that slowing down the game by buffing monsters, nerfing fast skills, and buffing slow skills, does not increase how long someone will play the league. Build variety and freedom increase how long I personally play. Not being pigeon-holed into some slow clunky build because that's what GGG has decided for this league.

Most of us aren't streamers who can play the game all day everyday. Many of us have jobs and families. So please stop balancing around the streamers and people who can play 12 hours a day.

Sorry friend that's not going to happen. Shill streamers drive revenue and GGG panders to them so much more than any studio I ever seen. Its pretty clear who Wilson aims to please first and foremost.

Have you ever seen Mathil make good builds from complete shit? LUL
waw
Fortify nerf why?!?!

All you needed was to make it melee only...

Apparently it's fun to kick dead dogs in GGG balance team
"There's no thing like random one-shots in this game. You only die because you take 353,456,237 hits in 0.2 seconds."

"The best items in the game should not be crafted, they should be TRADED." - Cent, GGG
"
Jueggernaut wrote:
"
why didnt they just make all their vendor trash unique bows better, if the disparity between crafted and uniques was the issue ?

nobody is going to 6l a doomfletch and go mapping lol

Actually I agree with this. A big part of the reason people multimodded bows being so prevalent is that rolling a good bow was just about impossible and uniques are mostly terrible. If the unique bows were actually good people might use them instead of blowing exalts on multimodding. As is they don't really do anything build enabling. I used to play a death's opus for more arrows but other than that, can't think of any good bow uniques other than Windripper for farming trash.

Doomfletch's Prism and Hopeshredder were actually good with Scourge Arrow cold Slayer builds. Even without dex-stacking they are doing (were doing) millions dps.
What happens when you lower damage needed to deal an ailment but then increase the life of everything?

Is this a net no change?
The defence changes are not going to do much, but make it harder for lower experience players to play the game. Instead of raising boss defences, maybe add a new defence that reducing max damage they can take from a single source/hit, and having new nodes reducing that effect. So chumps like me who never break 200k damage arent hampered in our already challenging end game. Or better yet, reduce the damn power creep, so that all the streamer builds arent doing almost a billion damage all the damn time.

Also, instead of the changes to chill and shock, (also please add a fire non damage ailment sometime) why not consider having them ALWAYS apply, at a minimum value, so that not only can they be another build idea to play around with, but that you can focus ailment increases instead of damage, similar to dot increases over base damage? More options right?
Last edited by theshadowcult on Dec 9, 2019, 11:35:07 PM
"
Can have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers

This is boring.

Have you tried to evaluate how shitty chances are to roll a decent item?
Multimoded items were popular because WE HAVE NOTHING ELSE!

"
too powerful for too low a cost

oh fuck off…
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Dec 9, 2019, 11:34:54 PM
Can someone please explain the multi mod change in dumb person terms?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info