0.10.3c Patch Notes

Just to add my 2c, I hated this change. When I play with friends we really liked seeing the names next to the drops, so we all know what belonged to whom. Now stuff is just greyed out and you don't know whose it is, or it's not greyed out and you don't know if it never was (and therefore you can take it), or it was but it timed out while you were busy fighting (so you shouldn't take it). Please change it back so we can see the names again.
Hey, my thoughts on the loot is that who ever it is assigned to, it should stay that way until they remove the item from their inventory. In addition, maybe even make it so that if you don't want the item that has dropped, instead of having to pick up the item, it could be alt-rightclicked. This then cancels the item assignment from you to everyone.

The idea behind this is that it would allow only the person who was suppose to have the item, get's the item. If it's not wanted, then fine. You simply let people fight for it. The reason I think this is a good idea is that in parties, people go for the rare/unique/currency drops even when there are mobs on screen. Almost every party that I join, the group will all fight for the item. This would remove the FFA aspect to the loot, which in turn, will focus the game on more completing each instance and not being so loot focused. If it is yours. You will get it.

I am happy with the fact that magic items are no longer assigned to one player, and if the timer stays in for items, it should be a little longer. Maybe only by 0.5 secs.

Just my two opinions.

Thanks.
Danny :)
IGN: SelocYnnad
Last edited by DannyColes on Apr 4, 2013, 8:21:30 AM
As a slow summoner/caster my items are still being very often ninja'ed from me, especially when fighting bosses which give the best items.

Often I'm endangered to even close in on my items, when a fight still continues with other remaining monsters. I find very often that I need to stop what I'm doing and run in the other direction or else my items will be snatched from me.

I don't understand why other's can even see my items... current system keeps me away from group play.

It would be MUCH better if items assigned to me were going into my 'temporary' inventory - additional mini-screen to the normal inventory screen (5 or more minutes to have a look after which they are dropped into game world, does not function in towns and is take-out-only) which I could than throw into my actual inventory (to bring into towns) or drop into the instance world. Going through a portal would empty it throwing everything out in the proximity of the portal.

EDIT:

or, a long (i.e. running from top to the bottom of the screen) but narrow (2-inventory cubicles in width) panel just left to the inventory screen which holds the last 5-10 dropped items which were assigned to you. If full and new one comes in all others are moved by one place and the oldest is dropped to the ground.

Would function only during instances and group play (i.e. not in towns or solo) and would be take-out-only. Could empty when the instance is reset.
IGN: AlCohonez, GhengizCohen
Last edited by piotras on Apr 4, 2013, 9:36:07 AM
Nice changes - the new loot system especially should cause a lot less crying (in theory, at least - there are always people who will whine about everything).

I think the devs could be a bit more clear on their intent, though - i.e. if an item is allocated, the player isn't being given the item outright (it doesn't go to their inventory directly), but rather a chance to get the item if they react fast enough. It's a fairly important distinction and one I'm sure a lot of people will miss.
What have you become when even nightmares fear you?
Hi all, re: allocating loot, not having it stolen etc:

When loot drops, why not "throw" an item all the way over to the intended player?

We're already talking about a visual effect where you punch an animal in order to make piles of gear explode out of it...why not treat the player as a magnet, and any bit of loot intended for ex) an archer would come flying all the way over to them, instead of landing at the source of the loot.
Yes I think the loot timer needs to be a little longer for the player or do what the guy above me suggested. I'm playing on a laptop at the moment and I've been get a lot of loot that was mine taken off me because I don't have enough time or I have bad FPS

Having said this I'm sure many others would always have worse ping or FPS or just their class is away from the loot compared to melee giving other players more advantage then others to taking loot off other players

Plz improve it

Thanks

IGN: mrtypr
"
Minttunator wrote:
I think the devs could be a bit more clear on their intent, though - i.e. if an item is allocated, the player isn't being given the item outright (it doesn't go to their inventory directly), but rather a chance to get the item if they react fast enough. It's a fairly important distinction and one I'm sure a lot of people will miss.

that's interesting, the reasoning behind this news seems to be about not slowing down the whole party, but giving a fair chance for everyone to get their hands on their allocated loot. If that's the case then the system isn't working as intended and a temporary inventory which holds/protects your loot for a while in case you want it would be a more suitable idea.

If however the intent is to cater for asshole ninjas with better FPS / ping (or even better dudes who cast frost wall to block you) than there is no need to allocate anything in the first place.
IGN: AlCohonez, GhengizCohen
Hi everyone !

First of all I want to apologise for my pathetic english but i'm french so don't blame me too much.

I can't clearly define what GGG want about the loot system. If you want a cutthroat FFA system, why even have a loot timer? Why put name on the loots, then remove it, increase the timer etc ? It seems like the dev' are trying to find a good compromise between FFA and instanced loot but as we can see in the posts no one gets really satisfied. An FFA system makes "ninja" a part of the game and even if I just don't like that kind of system, I can understand that some players wants to play that way. In the otherside it's totally understandable that some players dont and want an instanced system. So what's the problem with having the choice when creating a party ?

I currently don't even play in party because of the actual loot system witch is imo a bad compromise of FFA and instanced loot.

Let's give the players the choice and everyone will be happy except the all the haters who can't accept that some other players don't love to play their way...
Last edited by arthurjullien on Apr 9, 2013, 3:36:32 AM
i really like the thought, mentioned somewhere above, of loot dropping directly into the inventory.
no items on the ground until you drop them, no one knows what items dropped at all until you open your inventory.
choose what items you want to be autocollected besides orbs, gems, etc., from whites/blues/rares/uniques or quality items, the rest will drop free for all.

that would be a nice, clean and fast way of hunting.
The current FFA system is fine, I would also give option to the game creator to "items lock to name", and "all maps drops lock to map creator", the loot system would be perfect.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info