0.10.3c Patch Notes

"
mobutu wrote:
"
mushioov wrote:
They made it more FFA...

Right, extending the allocated/assigned timers from 1.5s to 2.6s means more ffa ... well wrong, it means more allocated/assigned.
logic 101

Shhhhhhh! Keep it to yourself! ;P
Did you know level 91 is the halfway point to level 100? This means that a softcore character dying ONCE at level 85+ can lose many days of progress.
Last edited by GhostlightX on Mar 19, 2013, 10:37:49 AM
"
GhostlightX wrote:
"
mobutu wrote:
"
mushioov wrote:
They made it more FFA...

Right, extending the allocated/assigned timers from 1.5s to 2.6s means more ffa ... well wrong, it means more allocated/assigned.
logic 101

Shhhhhhh! Keep it to yourself! ;P

"
mushioov wrote:
They made it more FFA by removing the names...

Whaaat?
"
Vooodu wrote:

Whaaat?

He only read the "They made it more FFA" part and disregarded the rest, like a true ADHD-warrior would.
"
mushioov wrote:
They made it more FFA by removing the names...

Ofcourse, the fervent fanboy have to vent himself somehow about his "god's" new decision and the way to do this is by believing this is more ffa than before because lol there arent names anymore.
When in fact and to the core, extending the assigned-allocated timers means less ffa, even by a second point one. In any angle you look at it.
Otherwise, just the expected typical brainwashed fanboy behaviour. Nothing new.

But it gets even brilliant than ever:
Despite the fact that this is more assigned and less ffa, the fervent fanboy somehow even finds himself perfectly justified to pay for this ;) pure gold, sort of speak.

"
mushioov wrote:
More money coming at your way soon.
Last edited by mobutu on Mar 19, 2013, 10:58:48 AM
"
riptid3 wrote:
If you want to worry about how loot is distributed then do it amongst yourselves. That is too much work, in a game, for the majority and not worth it. Yes, it's simple to handle it amongst yourselves. Sorry you're incapable. If you were capable you would not be bitching. Either be more selective of whom you group with and find a group that 100% shares your values in a video game or deal with those trying to take whatever loot they want from you. Because they don't know you, care to know you, or share your views.

It's not too much work. I guess it's not that hard to make the allocation name last longer or don't disappear at all. This would help distributing fairly the drop in a group with friends.
I don't know if you're playing with friends but if you do I guess you woudn't ninja right?
IGN = Ghalamir

My Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/161047/page/1
Chris, D3 loot system please!!

No more issues and watch pubs happen more often. Nothing kills a party than you doing a bulk of the damage and someone running around sitting on your drops.
"
mobutu wrote:
Ofcourse, the fervent fanboy have to vent himself somehow about his "god's" new decision and the way to do this is by believing this is more ffa than before because lol there arent names anymore.
When in fact and to the core, extending the assigned-allocated timers means less ffa, even by a second point one. In any angle you look at it.
Otherwise, just the expected typical brainwashed fanboy behaviour. Nothing new.

LULZ.

Last edited by Vooodu on Mar 19, 2013, 11:02:02 AM
"
TremorAcePV wrote:

"
Snipers wrote:
That's a super cop out and you know it. You don't have a response that has a leg to stand on.

Not really. I'd like to limit GGG's reading so they can spend more time working on the game... or, you know, living a life.

This is just simply rofl. You have hit troll status. You A) Have no argument, so you straw-man it and try to "Take the high road" so that GGG (Who asked for said feedback and who's job it is to make this game as good as possible for as many people as possible) doesn't have to read too much? Then you went on and made something like 10-12 more posts last night after I've gone to bed. Glad to know you are trying to limit the post hits for GGG! B) You followed me from not one, not two, but three different threads. And yet you still don't have a response that makes any sense as to why we shouldn't make Co-Op games less annoying.

You sir, have lost at the interwebs.
tl;dr, I believe this change was for the worse. Let the loot rules be set by the party, don't force the players into something they don't like.

This turned into quite the wall of text. I apologize, but I didn't want to leave anything out. the tl;dr above still pretty much sums my opinions up. Below is my explanation.

I appreciate the attempt of making the game more enjoyable through this kind of changes, but this time, I would have to say it was a miss.

###How it was then

One of the issues when playing in a party is that other people, if you're not fast enough, can simply take the items that were meant for YOU. While some might like the competitiveness of this mechanic, it makes it *unfun* to join public parties since, well, that Divine Orb that just dropped was meant for you, but someone else just took it because you weren't fast enough!

This is why, when I (and probably MANY others) play, I only play with friends I know I can trust. This in turn means I'm usually playing solo or with one or two friends. I would love to team up with more people but I don't want them stealing my items.
It still isn't perfect, since some items don't belong to a player when dropped, and alot of those still hold considerable value. Which makes it impossible to solve who gets the item, apart from, yes, simply DIVING for that item (yet again an unfun mechanic).

###How it is now
Extending the timer on the items was a good thing, but I believe everything other change to the loot rules was wrong. Here's why:
1. Removing the nametags from the items: On alot of occasions, I've seen a rare/unique/orb that belongs to another player, but he or she doesn't see it. In my play group we used to let that player know there is a (potentially) valuable item that belongs to them. This is now impossible, as I can't tell which of my friends actually has dibs on that item! This causes alot of frustration for us, since we want to honor the nametags, but now it's become impossible at times. This already happens with items that drop when NO ONE sees it. But the change has made this happen even when one or even several people see the item.

2. Making magic items free for all: This change is what I was most surprised about. Like I said, in my play group we don't like that we *have* to dive for valueable items because it doesn't belong to anyone. This includes any 6-socketed items (7 jeweller's is worth nearly 1 chaos), and then even worse for 5-links and ugh, 6-links.

Before, I was actually hoping that EVERY SINGLE ITEM that dropped would have a name tag on it, so that these "problems" would NEVER occur when playing with my friends. My jaw literally dropped (That's gonna take some extensive surgery right there) when i read the patch notes that name tags had been removed from magic items.

Before I end this, I'd like to explicitly answer your feedback questions:

1. Was it easier to read what items drop now that fewer are allocated and the size of the item hovers doesn't change?
For me (we're usually only 2-4 players so the quantity of items isn't that insane) it's become slightly worse, but trimming down the textbox sizes does have it's merits. I'd like to see some minor change to the text on the grayed out items though, to more easily discern them from what's actually yours. (make items allocated to other players more visually discinct from "your" items, perhaps by a red line under the item name, or whatever)

Does the increased allocation duration help enough in terms of being able to grab items in time assuming you react quickly?
Yes. But I still don't like the timer at all. I wish there could be a cleaner solution. (letting each party change these settings as they see fit would make everyone happy!)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2628127
- Check out my thread. #1 pdps synth explosion foil (600pdps + HCBE), and more.
IGN:
@Egren_EthicsConsultant
@Path_Of_Exile
"A step in the right direction"

Seems to be the main consensus on the patch but why can't we just have the right direction already and not just a step in that direction?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info