3.10 🔨 Torstein's Icebreaker - Glacial Hammer - Sleeper end-game crusher - Cluster updated

"
lGuillianl wrote:
Hey question about min-maxing the build, am I wasting points by having a large and small jewel cluster?
I'm currently using one with Battle-Hardened and Force Multiplier and a small cluster with Adrenaline

It seems ok to me
"
dehogynem wrote:
Im lvl 88 and have no idea how you guys make this build work. Sure i dont have the best items but, 5k like seems like th absolute max, and the dmg is quite low ( with max charges ~170k)

Atziri kills me like nothing, and red maps are nearly impossible.

You're missing a 6th link, quality on gems, attack speed on gloves too. Have you tried using cluster jewels? War cry ones are really good too.

"
Precordial wrote:
"
dehogynem wrote:
Im lvl 88 and have no idea how you guys make this build work. Sure i dont have the best items but, 5k like seems like th absolute max, and the dmg is quite low ( with max charges ~170k)

You're missing a 6th link, quality on gems, attack speed on gloves too. Have you tried using cluster jewels? War cry ones are really good too.

Thank you. I am using the cluster jewel that gives me Rage on warcry.

The quality, ~10% attack speed doesnt seem like a big leap to suddenly be able to do red maps and my health pool is 4,8k if i upgrade my stuff maybe 5-5,2k.

The 8k in the original post just seems impossible to me, but if someone knows how to do it that be great.

"

The quality, ~10% attack speed doesnt seem like a big leap to suddenly be able to do red maps and my health pool is 4,8k if i upgrade my stuff maybe 5-5,2k.

The 8k in the original post just seems impossible to me, but if someone knows how to do it that be great.

Hi Dehogynem,

To be fair I'm not the best in Path of Exile, nor can I really theory-craft because I don't understand the game well enough (I only recently came back last league). What I can tell from your items is that you're doing quite a few things in your own way whilst ignoring what the guide recommends. Although this might not seem helpful to you, taking in consideration what I said earlier about not understanding the details in the game, I reached level 95 with this guide and sometimes trying things out in PoB to see how it affects the damage. I didn't even have to go the extra mile by adding the corrections or anything because it lays things out quite clearly.

There are just some simple things (which I don't know if they're better or not) that you seem to have adjusted, such as using Frostbite as an aura instead of Herald of Ice, using ice bite support instead of fortify (which is a lot of extra damage), using Ancestral warchief instead of protector (which might be the correct choice looking at top level glacial hammer players' DPS).

I hope this doesn't come across as belittling you, because that's not what I mean to do, but it might help if you follow the guide (as much as possible and your currency allows it) as it's written. Just following the guide helped me a lot at least and I tweaked a few things a long the way which I liked or didn't like (or didn't have the currency for) to eventually end up with this at level 95.

All this, just to try and make Torstein proud and lift the Glacial hammers to 0.1%.
"
Dajoowie wrote:

All this, just to try and make Torstein proud and lift the Glacial hammers to 0.1%.

xDDD <3
"
dehogynem wrote:

All the small little things adds up, one of your ring is missing life too. And having pandemomius amulet allows you to blind enemies, which halves their hit chance for added survivability.

Are you accounting for your es when u say 4.8k health pool? Try to stick as close to the guide as possible as Dajoowie, but those are the glaring obvious ones that you could upgrade.

And for cluster jewels, find one with the lowest passive points unless it's a life cluster jewel, as you want to save as many points as possible to be effective.
One of the best builds i played.
"
Dajoowie wrote:
"

Hi Dehogynem,

To be fair I'm not the best in Path of Exile, nor can I really theory-craft because I don't understand the game well enough (I only recently came back last league). What I can tell from your items is that you're doing quite a few things in your own way whilst ignoring what the guide recommends. Although this might not seem helpful to you, taking in consideration what I said earlier about not understanding the details in the game, I reached level 95 with this guide and sometimes trying things out in PoB to see how it affects the damage. I didn't even have to go the extra mile by adding the corrections or anything because it lays things out quite clearly.

There are just some simple things (which I don't know if they're better or not) that you seem to have adjusted, such as using Frostbite as an aura instead of Herald of Ice, using ice bite support instead of fortify (which is a lot of extra damage), using Ancestral warchief instead of protector (which might be the correct choice looking at top level glacial hammer players' DPS).

I hope this doesn't come across as belittling you, because that's not what I mean to do, but it might help if you follow the guide (as much as possible and your currency allows it) as it's written. Just following the guide helped me a lot at least and I tweaked a few things a long the way which I liked or didn't like (or didn't have the currency for) to eventually end up with this at level 95.

Thank you this was actually very helpful. I think discussion is the only way to move forward so let me share my thoughts.

I actually made a few improvements on my gear since, but it didnt change the fact i just get one shotted on red maps 3-4 times/map which is enough to not get any exp.

There are definitely many things i do not agree with in the quide. For instance using herald of ice seems useless(we have enough splash without it), i think frostbite is much better overall (same for warchief vs protector, we have enough attack speed i think)

But okay, lets accept everything i did was wrong dmg-wise. But what about life?

You have +30 life on one of your ring.
You have -82 life on amulet
+10 life on armor
+20 on boots
-10 on helm

= you have -32 life compared to my old items.

I have 127% increased life on tree.
You have 152% increased life on tree, but you are 7 lvls higher.

So whats up with that?

If you happened to 6L your staff and have a bought a 6l chest already what would you recommend to do with the other 6l???]

THanks
"
dehogynem wrote:

Please note that Atziri reflects both Elemental Damage and Physical Damage in different phases.
So you can't do Atziri on an easy way with this build. I would advice you to make a chaos or immune reflect build for Atziri.

In theory it is possible to do Atziri, but you need to remove your ancestrall call and make sure you hit the correct Atziri in the 4-clones phase.. but it's very tricky.
Last edited by 7ailen on Apr 5, 2020, 5:13:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info