3.10 🔨 Torstein's Icebreaker - Glacial Hammer - Sleeper end-game crusher - Cluster updated

"
Pagiraynia wrote:
Greetings Torstein,

Thank you so much for this build. I'm loving it so much. The combat, the visual and the sound are great and satisfying.

I'm currently having one question: my single target dps (especially on high tier bosses) feels lacking. I can see the huge dps dropping when I enter the boss room and start fighting the boss compared to map clearing.Some of those Atlas conquerors completely destroyed me, but I think I should blame myself as I didn't fully understand all of their mechanism.

I wonder if there's something I'm not doing correctly? Like certain skills or items I'm not using correctly? If you could view my character profile and provide me with a bit suggestion?

Thank you again for this awesome build!

Cheers

Hey mate, I see that you are playing around with the new cluster jewels. But I can't see the specific nodes you've taken in the jewels. I have been looking into those as well, but can't really find a combination which is better than the standard tree. This is mainly because for this build we travel a lot from left to right, but the destinated notes are quite powerfull.
I see you don't use Vaal Pact, which boosts your life leech a lot.

In addition, you don't have any jewel sockets other than the Glorious Vanity jewel. I would definitely go for the Winter Burial jewel, as this is huge bonus to your damage.

Regarding gear: you only have the belt and the staff according to the guide. Everything else is ok-ish but not in sync with Glacial Hammering.

Flasks: You have 2 flasks that stop bleeding, but no flask 'of warding' to stop curses. Consider rerolling your diamond flask.

"
7ailen wrote:
Hi there,

I'm in need of your collective advice once again. In my quest to get a redeemer influenced, ilevel 85+ helmet with -9% cold resistances to enemies I ended up with this beauty.
But now I'm in doubt if I should continue to spam it with fossil crafting or not.

What do you think?

Looks great just fossil craft it for right affixes :)

"
jjmccaw wrote:
Do you have a leveling tree (like rough order of nodes)?
I was going up and to the right for life (Constitution), but upon further reading it looks like we should be getting Winter Burial around A3? I guess my question is - should i be going to the jewel socket over by Golem's blood

You have the leveling tree menu in PoB left bottom area.

"
cwar0 wrote:
Hey the Transcendent Flesh jewel was updated,
is there a replacement for it or is it still good?
There's no more phys dmg reduction

Tnx for noticing. Ill update the POB with rare jewel.

"
xumielol wrote:
Great post, loving the build.

I'd like to point out that getting a Megalomaniac with some GG mods is absolutely broken. It can roll any 3 mods, so you can get combinations normally unavailable. I currently have Blanketed Snow ((10% cold pen), Overwhemling Malice (10% chance to gain Unholy Might for 4 sec on crit, with this build it is 100% uptime and literally 300,000k damage, pretty much an Atziri's Promise in damage), and Surefooted (40% increased crit strike, 8% chance to do double damage if crit recently so again with this build always available).

Transcendent Flesh got a huge nerf, no more physical reduction, so the normal gem is just as good now don't waste your cash.

GG gloves would be spiked gloves that either have the "increased crit vs shocked mobs' or 'increased damage vs chilled enememies' with an open prefix to craft phys -> cold conversion. With the new cluster jewels you can get Cold Conduction, allowing your chills to shock as well.

Lots of good cluster jewel options.

Tnx mate and tnx for the feedback! :)
"
7ailen wrote:
"
Pagiraynia wrote:
Greetings Torstein,

Thank you so much for this build. I'm loving it so much. The combat, the visual and the sound are great and satisfying.

I'm currently having one question: my single target dps (especially on high tier bosses) feels lacking. I can see the huge dps dropping when I enter the boss room and start fighting the boss compared to map clearing.Some of those Atlas conquerors completely destroyed me, but I think I should blame myself as I didn't fully understand all of their mechanism.

I wonder if there's something I'm not doing correctly? Like certain skills or items I'm not using correctly? If you could view my character profile and provide me with a bit suggestion?

Cheers

Hey mate, I see that you are playing around with the new cluster jewels. But I can't see the specific nodes you've taken in the jewels. I have been looking into those as well, but can't really find a combination which is better than the standard tree. This is mainly because for this build we travel a lot from left to right, but the destinated notes are quite powerfull.

In addition, you don't have any jewel sockets other than the Glorious Vanity jewel. I would definitely go for the Winter Burial jewel, as this is huge bonus to your damage.

Regarding gear: you only have the belt and the staff according to the guide. Everything else is ok-ish but not in sync with Glacial Hammering.

Flasks: You have 2 flasks that stop bleeding, but no flask 'of warding' to stop curses. Consider rerolling your diamond flask.

^^^ what he said

Also make sure you are using all active skills during the fight.
"
xumielol wrote:
Great post, loving the build.

I'd like to point out that getting a Megalomaniac with some GG mods is absolutely broken. It can roll any 3 mods, so you can get combinations normally unavailable. I currently have Blanketed Snow ((10% cold pen), Overwhemling Malice (10% chance to gain Unholy Might for 4 sec on crit, with this build it is 100% uptime and literally 300,000k damage, pretty much an Atziri's Promise in damage), and Surefooted (40% increased crit strike, 8% chance to do double damage if crit recently so again with this build always available).

Transcendent Flesh got a huge nerf, no more physical reduction, so the normal gem is just as good now don't waste your cash.

GG gloves would be spiked gloves that either have the "increased crit vs shocked mobs' or 'increased damage vs chilled enememies' with an open prefix to craft phys -> cold conversion. With the new cluster jewels you can get Cold Conduction, allowing your chills to shock as well.

Lots of good cluster jewel options.

Nice! Due to your post I've did some research and bought a Megalomaniac with
Mob Mentality (5 rage when warcrying, 50 rage = 50% attack damage, 25% attack speed and 10% movement speed.)
Brutal Infamy (20% increased damage with 2h weapons and 40% increased damage vs uniques)
Fuel te fight (8% Attack speed, 0.4% damage leeched as mana and 20% increased damage while leeching).

I sacrificed Vaal Pact and some health nodes to make this happen. I only did some testing in delve and still have to give it a try on T15+ maps.

Regarding 'increased crit vs shocked mobs', note that you also have "Holy Dominion" on your passive tree which gives 5% chance to freeze, shock and ignite. So you can already make use of this prefix without any cluster jewel!
"
7ailen wrote:
"
Pagiraynia wrote:
Greetings Torstein,

Cheers

Thank you so much. I will keep working on the gears. They seem a bit too hard to get but will be there eventually.
Did anyone of ya guys killed sirus lvl 8 with this build ?
I have been loving this build for mapping and delving and I started the league with it. I am running into issues with the elderslayers past awaken 4. Especially the ice boss ironically. Tried Sirus on awakening 0 last night for the first time this league and everything was going well until final phase. His big beam wrecks me often one shot. Is there anything obvious I am missing (besides player skill)? I know there are some gear upgrades I need to make but the one shots are very prevalent on those bosses and I can’t attack for long enough to get the dps ramped up.

Thanks for the build! Just finished simulacrum, facetanked a wave 19 kosis!
Got a jewel with mob mentality (5 rage when warcry) + 35 crit multi/40 crit chance when warcried recently. Basically permarage for 1 jewel slot. All I need now is a better body armour (thinking elder crit chest, got enough res atm)/rings/some more life. And the onslaught boot craft.
"
nynek1337 wrote:
Did anyone of ya guys killed sirus lvl 8 with this build ?

I farmed A8 Sirus with this build last league
"
xkuzanx wrote:
I have been loving this build for mapping and delving and I started the league with it. I am running into issues with the elderslayers past awaken 4. Especially the ice boss ironically. Tried Sirus on awakening 0 last night for the first time this league and everything was going well until final phase. His big beam wrecks me often one shot. Is there anything obvious I am missing (besides player skill)? I know there are some gear upgrades I need to make but the one shots are very prevalent on those bosses and I can’t attack for long enough to get the dps ramped up.

You are missing few things for sure.
-quality on gems
-+1 min Frenzy on rings
-attack speed and cold conversion on gloves
-Onslaught craft on boots (doesnt matter vs Sirus but still)
-staff should be divined a little and raised quality
--9% cld res on helmet

Dont forget to spam Warcry during the fight

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info