[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
lollicopter wrote:
I'm still frustrated about dying once or twice every 5-10 maps to a nasty metamorph or just projectiles from across the screen that 1shot in clustered maps.

If this league wasn't metamorph I could see myself going to lv 100 on this, but metamorph makes it impossible unless you just don't run them..

I haven't had any problems with metamorphs. I choose all the juicy loot and if the row doesn't have any, I choose the least intimidating organ. Basic strategy is to spam totems when the metamorph is in the summoning process. When it bursts out, cast Frost Bomb, Curse and Vaal RF, pop flasks. Then just run around the Metamorph and keep decent distance. Usually you don't even have to resummon totems.

For me, the most deaths comes from Legion encounters. They seem to have tons of damage, have large numbers and seem to oneshot me from very far away. Problem might be my low chaos res.
Bloody Mirror getting more expensive every day :( do you thing price might come down, down the line?

every time i think i am getting closer , check the price , nop :)
"
Balvi wrote:
Bloody Mirror getting more expensive every day :( do you thing price might come down, down the line?

Check this: https://poe.ninja/challenge/unique-armours/atziris-reflection-golden-buckler

It hasn't been rising all the time, sometimes it comes down. Perhaps it comes down again soon?
"
Wermine wrote:
"
Balvi wrote:

Check this: https://poe.ninja/challenge/unique-armours/atziris-reflection-golden-buckler

It hasn't been rising all the time, sometimes it comes down. Perhaps it comes down again soon?

thank you for the link, appreciated, yes i hope to come down to reasonable 2.5k as I never had that much currency and even spending it on single item :O
I dont have the currency for reflection will I be fine?
"
dmoniak wrote:
I dont have the currency for reflection will I be fine?

Yes
I've been reading several opinions about it, but i'm still in doubt of what to use.

If I can't afford those 10ex of awakened curse on hit ... should i stick to frostbite? or still move to projectile weakness?

Thanks in advance!
Hi all. I must admit - this build rocks. I have managed to have over 2M Shaper DPS with the following items:

With this gear T16 Metamorphs melt in 3-4 seconds and T16 bosses in 2 seconds tops. It's a pleasure to see them vanish ;) The only annoying thing is that some multiphase bosses cannot enter into next phase because they are perma freezed :D I have to let them unfreeze and summon totems again to kill them in half of the second but this is rather funny aspect of the build ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Currently I'm trying to find upgrade for my weapon (bought for 1ex) but even those listed for 50ex are increasing DPS about 1-2% (according to PoB) what makes upgrade a bit steep ;) Perhaps unless I craft something ultra godly I think I will not find better weapon on the market.

I was also desperately looking way to be able to use Pandemonius (cold damage & cold penetration) so I decided to do small downgrade (in term of DPS provided by the old gear) of gloves and boots but this way 75% resistance cap and dex requirements (134) were satisfied. After those I wear Pandemonius what increased DPS from ~1.75M to over 2M and I can tell you that I can definitely feel the difference. My concern was that HP went down from ~4050 to ~3750 but the ES is still there and thanks to 2M DPS level no enemy can really hurt me - dead monsters deal 0 DPS ;) Of course I have to maneuver a bit as this build cannot facetank tougher hits but this just is how you play with totems.

From my experience I can share one advice for anyone who has problems with metamorphs - use map environment wisely. Call Tane in the place where it is easy to summon totems and then hide behind the corner/wall etc. Someone also noticed that when you click "create" to summon metamorph you have 2 secs to put some totems to cast some curses on you - this way you increases DPS. Then use Frost Bomb (just before Metamorph pops up) then cast curse on it, fire Vaal Grace + Vaal Haste + all DPS flasks and wait behind the wall few seconds until morph is dead. Sometimes when I had much lower DPS (~1M) I had sometimes to resummon totems as morph was able to kill them (depends on affixes). But it was in general same procedure (resummon totems, recast frost bomb, recast curse and use flasks) and morph was dead eventually. IMO crucial thing is to use walls/corners and other environmental obstacles to help you kill metamorphs. Perhaps this is obvious for most of you but I'd like to put my 2 cents here ;)

As you know if you have 1M DPS you want to have 2M. I have 2M but... yes - want more ;) So if anyone have idea what to upgrade first in my gear - I'll be glad to read it. I am aware that Awakened Curse on Hit support gem might be the way (level 5 - additional curse) but it is 17-18ex for level 5 and 10ex for level 1) but I'm wondering if this is the only way left for me... Same for other support gems in chest - change to Awakened version where possible. But according to PoB those changes are rather small (+few %). On the other side 5% for 2M is 100K DPS not bad when talking not about not relative but absolute numbers. If you could guys take a fresh look on my gear & skill tree - perhaps there is something I can quite easily do to increase DPS - I will appreciate your advice.

And one last thing - use please "Corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you" corruption on one of First Snow jewels - this is crucial for our rather low life character plus very convenient in terms of QoL.

Finally, many thanks for Wallach for this build - it is a pleasure to journey with it through Wreaclast (and Atlas ofc). Many thanks for all you folks who share in this thread your advices and experience with different approaches to skill tree, unusual items etc. Personally I enjoy this build better than any other build tested ever by me in PoE.
Last edited by starczek on Jan 23, 2020, 11:10:50 AM
"
starczek wrote:
Hi all. I must admit - this build rocks. I have managed to have over 2M Shaper DPS with the following items:

Currently I'm trying to find upgrade for my weapon (bought for 1ex) but even those listed for 50ex are increasing DPS about 1-2% (according to PoB) what makes upgrade a bit steep ;) Perhaps unless I craft something ultra godly I think I will not find better weapon on the market.

As you know if you have 1M DPS you want to have 2M. I have 2M but... yes - want more ;) So if anyone have idea what to upgrade first in my gear - I'll be glad to read it. I am aware that Awakened Curse on Hit support gem might be the way (level 5 - additional curse) but it is 17-18ex for level 5 and 10ex for level 1) but I'm wondering if this is the only way left for me... Same for other support gems in chest - change to Awakened version where possible. But according to PoB those changes are rather small (+few %). On the other side 5% for 2M is 100K DPS not bad when talking not about not relative but absolute numbers. If you could guys take a fresh look on my gear & skill tree - perhaps there is something I can quite easily do to increase DPS - I will appreciate your advice.

Couple things come to mind. If you're using zealotry then you should also use Bottled Faith flask and get a Watcher's Eye with hatred and zealotry mods.

And for your weapon, try searching for ones without the +1 cold spells. Often that one level to Freezing Pulse isn't worth as much dps as more or better ancillary mods. For example I switched from a +1 cold spells wand to this for 100k dps increase:

You could also sub Clear Mind for a Militant Faith and get an additional 50% increased damage.

Lastly check out my tree. For one passive point you can pick up an additional jewel slot. Run both Clear Mind and Militant Faith. Or drop Clear Mind for a % life/ 25%+ crit multi jewel (5-10ex) for life and more dps.
Last edited by kevinbrightblade on Jan 23, 2020, 12:29:56 PM
"

Couple things come to mind. If you're using zealotry then you should also use Bottled Faith flask and get a Watcher's Eye with hatred and zealotry mods.

And for your weapon, try searching for ones without the +1 cold spells. Often that one level to Freezing Pulse isn't worth as much dps as more or better ancillary mods. For example I switched from a +1 cold spells wand to this for 100k dps increase:

You could also sub Clear Mind for a Militant Faith and get an additional 50% increased damage.

Lastly check out my tree. For one passive point you can pick up an additional jewel slot. Run both Clear Mind and Militant Faith. Or drop Clear Mind for a % life/ 25%+ crit multi jewel (5-10ex) for life and more dps.

You're right - my mind is somewhat enslaved by the +1 affix on weapon. I have entered your wand to PoB but it is only 1.0% damage increase (manually adjusted settings as PoB doesn't recognize Double Damage affix to reflect all your wand affixes in my build).

Now Militant Faith - interesting idea... I have played with it in the past with a bit different affixes. With these and rerouting my tree DPS in hideout increased form 267k to 276k which is ~3.3% (hard to check real Shaper DPS in PoB as MF is not supported yet). +3.3% looks nice but... there is drawback - over 300 less of energy shield... Hmmm.... still have concerns. Done one map only - definitely I'll give it a try on some more maps to check if this change is something I could like.

Watcher's Eye - of course I know I can get better one - found even a perfect (18% DPS increase) - but it is listed for 6 mirrors so no go here ;)

Anyway, thanks for your advice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info