[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
Tornacan wrote:
Interested in trying this build, but I'm a bit confused. I imported the normal version of this build (dual wield, double Kikazaru) and the dps is around 720k.

I changed to an Atziri's Reflection setup, including replacing the belt with Coward's Legacy + Pain Attunement, replacing one ring with Essence Worm + Hatred and the second ring with a decent-ish Opal. That yields about 770k. Seems to be a pretty meager increase considering the shield is 20ex, am I missing something?

I ignored the +4 Soul Mantle upgrades / Watcher's Eye because they're not directly tied to switching the weapon setup.

Here's the pob pastebin for reference: https://pastebin.com/xMc3Ja58

A few things:
First off, your vaal RF wasn't enabled in POB.

Secondly, the highest res is fire, nullifying wise oak's penetration. Make sure your highest res is always cold.

Once you have coward's legacy, change your life flask to panicked.

Also, your tree isn't optimal, you have an extra Mana and Mana Regeneration node that you don't need. Also, give up lethal assault for now and, instead, with the 3 freed up points, get arcane swiftness.

These minor changes will bring the DPS up to 1.2 mil per totem x 4.
Last edited by DarthStef on Jan 22, 2020, 10:34:32 AM
"
Silenoz23 wrote:
Thankyou, another question, is worth the atziri and the price for this build? Planning to buy it, but im not sure

edit: dont buy to ''bombhack'' tried to scam me with mirror lol

Yes it's worth it, but make sure you get the belt too, then you can ditch the 4 nodes in the bottom left (Sanctum of Thought and the 3 leading up to it) and take either another jewel slot or more damage nodes.
Then get an essence wurm with Hatred and another good rare ring.
"
Gulch wrote:
"
Silenoz23 wrote:
Thankyou, another question, is worth the atziri and the price for this build? Planning to buy it, but im not sure

edit: dont buy to ''bombhack'' tried to scam me with mirror lol

Yes it's worth it, but make sure you get the belt too, then you can ditch the 4 nodes in the bottom left (Sanctum of Thought and the 3 leading up to it) and take either another jewel slot or more damage nodes.
Then get an essence wurm with Hatred and another good rare ring.

thanks, I just changed the points, the belt is like 200 c in trade, is that an ok price?
Also, a PSA guys.

+1 to level of all cold skill gems and +1 to level of all intelligence skill gems mods on amulets DO work with the build despite POB saying they don't.

Therefore you can get an amulet with, effectively, +2 to gems by combining the two (redeemer + hunter influence).

If you have a mod like that on an item, you have to edit it in POB to say
+1 to level of all cold SPELL skill gems (or +2 if you have both mods).
Last edited by DarthStef on Jan 22, 2020, 11:07:28 AM
"
Silenoz23 wrote:
the belt is like 200 c in trade, is that an ok price?

Yeah it's not a very expensive item usually. I'd say it's a good price.
"
DarthStef wrote:
"
Tornacan wrote:
Interested in trying this build, but I'm a bit confused. I imported the normal version of this build (dual wield, double Kikazaru) and the dps is around 720k.

I changed to an Atziri's Reflection setup, including replacing the belt with Coward's Legacy + Pain Attunement, replacing one ring with Essence Worm + Hatred and the second ring with a decent-ish Opal. That yields about 770k. Seems to be a pretty meager increase considering the shield is 20ex, am I missing something?

I ignored the +4 Soul Mantle upgrades / Watcher's Eye because they're not directly tied to switching the weapon setup.

Here's the pob pastebin for reference: https://pastebin.com/xMc3Ja58

A few things:
First off, your vaal RF wasn't enabled in POB.

Secondly, the highest res is fire, nullifying wise oak's penetration. Make sure your highest res is always cold.

Once you have coward's legacy, change your life flask to panicked.

Also, your tree isn't optimal, you have an extra Mana and Mana Regeneration node that you don't need. Also, give up lethal assault for now and, instead, with the 3 freed up points, get arcane swiftness.

These minor changes will bring the DPS up to 1.2 mil per totem x 4.

Vaal RF wasn't enabled in the original POB either, so it's perfectly fair to ignore. Arcane Swiftness and cold res are good points though.

This isn't my tree btw. This is just the original tree where I swapped out the items to see the differences, probably why I was a bit hasty and didn't notice that the original belt had a lot of cold res.
yo, bought the mirror, damage really does skyrocket.

Is there anything I can do to get more of a defensive setup?

I'm still frustrated about dying once or twice every 5-10 maps to a nasty metamorph or just projectiles from across the screen that 1shot in clustered maps.

If this league wasn't metamorph I could see myself going to lv 100 on this, but metamorph makes it impossible unless you just don't run them..

EDIT:

I do have to say that this is a great boss killer, been able to farm sirius since awakening 5 with no problems and under 4k life, just gotta know the fight, profited over 20ex from this build as a league starter. just upset at those random deaths...

was checking a wallach video for 3.8 and he had 3 deaths at level 100, idfk how would really like to understand
Last edited by lollicopter on Jan 22, 2020, 1:01:54 PM
"
lollicopter wrote:

I'm still frustrated about dying once or twice every 5-10 maps to a nasty metamorph or just projectiles from across the screen that 1shot in clustered maps.

If this league wasn't metamorph I could see myself going to lv 100 on this, but metamorph makes it impossible unless you just don't run them..

You just have to pick your battles against Metamorphs. They can be extremely strong for just about any type of build. If leveling is your goal then skip em.
If loot is your goal and don't care about an occasional death then run em.

so does shocking conflux work or not with totems? I watched his end game gearing video and its briefly mentioned in the helm section but everything I find on google says conflux doesnt affect Totems since the caster cant actually "hit" anything.
IGN: DabrixRN
Last edited by Thomasmgp on Jan 22, 2020, 3:10:01 PM
"
DarthStef wrote:
Also, a PSA guys.

+1 to level of all cold skill gems and +1 to level of all intelligence skill gems mods on amulets DO work with the build despite POB saying they don't.

Therefore you can get an amulet with, effectively, +2 to gems by combining the two (redeemer + hunter influence).

If you have a mod like that on an item, you have to edit it in POB to say
+1 to level of all cold SPELL skill gems (or +2 if you have both mods).

That's what i'm currently working towards.
My current amulet isn't too bad but a +2 will be more dps.
I have an Alien pet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info