[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
toddwatson wrote:
So for the Large Cluster Jewel which notables are we looking for? I seen OP guide but I also see people in comments running different notables.

Spoiler
There's been some discussion re: how to get the notables placed so that you can have the 2 you want in the front and a 3rd one you don't use in the back. But you definitely want Blanketed Snow. I went with Disorienting Display as my 2nd because it's a nice defensive layer but I may get a different one when I can afford it.

"
Ustasa wrote:
I need to know how to get some defense if I'm gonna try to take this to 100 without doing Chayulas and leeching.

Spoiler
Either replace your Flame Dash with Divergent Dash for some phasing, or get Phase Run. Also get Vaal Grace to go along with your Vaal Haste. Those 2 defensive layers will help quite a bit.

"
kalim8 wrote:
Hello. I have a problem with Pob calculations. I'm using Viridi's setup, I'm hexproof, but Pob dont count it when I mark curses in config. I dont know what am i doing wrong.

I've used point by point frontpage pob config.

Also, could you give any advice about cheap upgrades at my current state? This is my pob: https://pastebin.com/1zjcT3Ch

Thank you very much.

Spoiler
Go into PoB and add this to your Viridi's Veil.
"Unaffected by Curses"

It's the same affix that Atziri's Reflection uses. Then it will properly calculate your dps.

For your gear, get a 21/20 Freezing Pulse. Get Awakened gems in your 6L. Switch your Panicked Life flask to a hybrid and switch your mana flask with a Wise Oak, if you can support it with your res setup (make sure cold is highest uncapped). I think you've sacrificed too much dps affixes with your wands for trigger cast. At least w/ your 2nd, you could probably get a ton more dps if you get higher spell damage, crit multi, get crit strike chance and cast speed. 30% projectile speed enchant on your helm and a boot enchant as well.

"
flonne7 wrote:
Hi Wallach. Thanks for your guide it really helped me climb in this league. I would like to ask if you can take a look on my current character and see what needs to be prioritize upgrading. Any feedback is highly appreciated.

Spoiler
I'm not Wallach but I'll give my 2 cents. 21/20 freezing pulse, awakened gems in your 6L. Culling strike is nice but you could get the +% damage to chilled enemies affix on your gloves instead. 1mod hatred Watcher's Eye. 30% projectile speed enchant on helm and boot enchant also.

"
bro82 wrote:
What guys you think about gear!Maybe something to improve or buy watcher eye with one mod?Thanks for help!

Spoiler
Awakened gems on your 6L and a watcher's eye would help you out.

"
Soulwave wrote:
I have to ask: how do you manage resistances if you were to transition to a higher DPS set up? I have a really good rare belt that gives me a healthy amount of HP , but I was thinking of giving it up to make room for Coward's Chains. At the same time I was considering Essence worm, but without the ring all of my Resistances will fall to around high 60s.

What should I do? Should I just throw caution to the wind and just focus on DPS?

Spoiler
Just want to make sure that you know the belt we use is Coward's Legacy, not Coward's Chains. Legacy makes you low-life to proc Pain Attunement and allows you to use a Panicked Life flask. Chains is the other belt that does not synergize with us.

I would not upgrade to higher damage items until you can fix your resists to account for it. You probably need to spend 100c to 1ex on both your boots and gloves, that's where a big chunk of your resists will come from. Your magic ring also has only 15 light. You could do with a higher tier resist stat or an all res stat. If you compare my boots to yours, you have 34 Fire and 21 chaos. We don't really need chaos res. It doesn't hurt to have, but at the expense of an elemental res, it's not worth it. My boots have 29 Fire, 42 Light. Your gloves have 37 Light, 22 Chaos (see again re: chaos). Mine have 47 Cold, 20 Fire/light. So your gloves/boots/magic ring have a total of 86 Elemental Res while mine have a total of 203. Getting better res on those 3 will allow you to transition to the unique belt, essence worm and eventually Pandemonius Amulet.
Last edited by etherel90 on May 10, 2021, 1:08:49 PM
First, I want to thank NoImagination and etherel90 for their help with my build - I've finally broken through and killed Sirus and a few Guardians yesterday -- thanks a stonking ton!

Second, how do we calculate actual DPS in PoB? If this is in the guide, I'm going to feel very silly, but I didn't see it. I've over some recent posts, but in particular I was wondering about the per-totem / per-projectile scaling coefficient in the "Count" option. In the guide's PoB, with a calculated 3.75M DPS, the count is set to 1 - is that one totem, or one projectile, or did I miss something and this is a calculation of the damage of the entire build?

If it is per totem, we would scale it to 6, and if it's per projectile, we would scale it to.... 30? Forgive me if that seems a bit lavish, because the latter would result in an estimated 112Million DPS.

Thanks in advance, and I apologize for my ignorance!

Last edited by opticaliqlusion on May 10, 2021, 12:27:00 PM
I have a problem with this build. Played it for last 2 leagues Ritual and Ultimatum. Last league i was running through wax figures museum. I had to place totems away from bosses to stop perma freezing them to proceed to next phase. This league however i dont think i saw anything frozen.

Was this build nerfed so bad? Am i the only one with this problem?
"
Chronicler87 wrote:
I have a problem with this build. Played it for last 2 leagues Ritual and Ultimatum. Last league i was running through wax figures museum. I had to place totems away from bosses to stop perma freezing them to proceed to next phase. This league however i dont think i saw anything frozen.

It looks like you still have Avatar of Fire.
Last edited by etherel90 on May 10, 2021, 1:39:24 PM
"
etherel90 wrote:
"
Chronicler87 wrote:

I looks like you still have Avatar of Fire.

Wow, thank you a so much.
Its good to have someone else look at your build. Totally forgot i had it.
"
Soulwave wrote:
I have to ask: how do you manage resistances if you were to transition to a higher DPS set up? I have a really good rare belt that gives me a healthy amount of HP , but I was thinking of giving it up to make room for Coward's Chains. At the same time I was considering Essence worm, but without the ring all of my Resistances will fall to around high 60s.

What should I do? Should I just throw caution to the wind and just focus on DPS?

- Alira for 15@all
- boots
- gloves
- optionally the blue ring to fix remaining

running around non-capped is no option, as each point below max increases taken damage significantly, this is not a linear scaling ( as you can see running a -res mod map already ).

this works to cap ( did not mentioned the mandatory sources like viridis and pandemonius )
Last edited by bex_HB on May 10, 2021, 1:32:20 PM
"
etherel90 wrote:
I'm not Wallach but I'll give my 2 cents. 21/20 freezing pulse, awakened gems in your 6L. Culling strike is nice but you could get the +% damage to chilled enemies affix on your gloves instead. 1mod hatred Watcher's Eye. 30% projectile speed enchant on helm and boot enchant also.

Thank you for your feedback. Will start upgrading my gear.
Phasing -- Before i go out and spend 2.5ex on divergent dash -- are there ANY flasks that we could go without to use a phase flask? I was going to replace the silver flask with a Sulphur (I can't afford bottled faith yet) b/c I got an insane life/mana/120resist + onslaught boots for 25c the other day. Would it be OK to instead put the quartz flask there? Just unsure how much this build requires 2 offensive flasks vs. 1. QoL seems high to have the phase buff for 5ish seconds vs. max 2sec with divergent dash. Phase run sounds terrible b/c i can't do anything while phasing and I'm a button pusher...that won't work lol.

Just looking for experienced ppl with this build's opinion on things as it relates to phasing and the feel of playstyle with it in ultimatums.

ps don't look at my character...i'm still leveling...but have bought almost all of the high priced core items (minus woke gems) already.
Ok so we can't drop health flask, QoL on Quicksilver is too much to give up imo, that leaves Wise Oak, Diamond or Silver. Wise Oak is too much of a dps increase to drop. And I haven't checked in PoB but I just can't see a scenario where it'd be better to switch out Diamond or Silver for a Quartz.

While it's true that casting a spell will end the phasing gained from Phase Dash, it's not usually a problem. I pretty much was only using it in Ultimatums where I would pop it when a new wave spawned or while doing stone circles to get from one spot to the other, then drop all my totems and Hydrosphere. When combined with a Vaal Grace/Haste you should be fine defensively between those 3.

But when you have enough currency, Divergent Dash is a huge QoL boost. I dropped phasing altogether and linked it with lvl 4 Enhance and now Divergent Dash has 4.4 seconds of Phasing and linked with second wind support has an extra charge and lower cooldown. It rules. I dropped Phase Run after that because I just don't need it.
"
etherel90 wrote:
Ok so we can't drop health flask, QoL on Quicksilver is too much to give up imo, that leaves Wise Oak, Diamond or Silver. Wise Oak is too much of a dps increase to drop. And I haven't checked in PoB but I just can't see a scenario where it'd be better to switch out Diamond or Silver for a Quartz.

While it's true that casting a spell will end the phasing gained from Phase Dash, it's not usually a problem. I pretty much was only using it in Ultimatums where I would pop it when a new wave spawned or while doing stone circles to get from one spot to the other, then drop all my totems and Hydrosphere. When combined with a Vaal Grace/Haste you should be fine defensively between those 3.

But when you have enough currency, Divergent Dash is a huge QoL boost. I dropped phasing altogether and linked it with lvl 4 Enhance and now Divergent Dash has 4.4 seconds of Phasing and linked with second wind support has an extra charge and lower cooldown. It rules. I dropped Phase Run after that because I just don't need it.

You can lose silver flask if you get sleepless sentries on a medium cluster. Haven't look in to hydrosphere or divergent dash yet, seems interesting.

Would anyone be able to ellaborate on the hydrosphere modification to the build? First time jumping in and don't see it in the guide anywhere. I imagine drop the hydrosphere and your totems proc the debuff linked with it?
Last edited by Miggaletoe on May 10, 2021, 4:37:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info