[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
Miggaletoe wrote:
Would anyone be able to ellaborate on the hydrosphere modification to the build?

Hydrosphere is there to proc frostbite instead of self-cast, while also applying -10% cold res, effectively condensing self-cast frostbite + frost bomb into 1 skill, with the trade off of the extra -15% cold res from frost bomb. You link it with Hextouch (or awakened Hextouch for double curses, can sub Whisper of Doom anoint if you can't afford Awakened Hextouch) and Fostbite and Elemental Weakness (if you have double curses).
Last edited by etherel90 on May 10, 2021, 4:57:08 PM
"
etherel90 wrote:
"
Miggaletoe wrote:
Would anyone be able to ellaborate on the hydrosphere modification to the build?

Hydrosphere is there to proc frostbite instead of self-cast. You link it with Hextouch (or awakened Hextouch for double curses, can sub Whisper of Doom anoint if you can't afford Awakened Hextouch) and Fostbite and Elemental Weakness (if you have double curses). And yeah, the freezing pulses shooting through it will freeze the orb causing it to pulse for cold damage, applying the curses, and apply the -10% cold res.

Ohh damn that sounds so much better, I've been self casting two curses on bosses and just not cursing anything when mapping basically. This build is so strong i'm level 93 and missed a ton of fundamental stuff apparently and yet it still feels decent. Thanks!

And I wasn't even really aware of the awakened hextouch support extra curse. That would free up an extra annoint for me as well. Really appreciate the reply.
Last edited by Miggaletoe on May 10, 2021, 4:59:13 PM
I'm not saying Wallach's way is worse because obviously he's still using Sniper's Mark and self-casting Frostbite and Frost bomb and doing butt-loads of damage, but there is wiggle room here. Additionally, if you make the switch to Hydrosphere, you'll need to move Arcane Surge to proc somewhere else, like your movement skill (Flame dash/Dash/Divergent Dash)
Huh -- the hydrosphere idea sounds intriguing. I'm assuming this is for QoL purposes only? Would self-cast curses be strictly stronger? Don't get me wrong -- i'm all about QoL :p
One more question -- i've got a pretty strong wand with an open suffix -- I see Wallach is using the trigger wand but i could put in crit multi instead. Does anyone have an opinion on CwDT for ColdSnap vs. Trigger Wand ColdSnap?
I can do t16 maps with complete with ease, bossing damage is on point, but that stops at mapping, once I fight a conqueror or sirus, or any notable boss in poe generally, the damage is very lame, I use all of my debuffs as well as my vaal gems on bosses, any help is appreciated, character name is SmartFellaFartSmella, thanks <3
Last edited by Smeevil1 on May 10, 2021, 5:51:39 PM
"
Miggaletoe wrote:
"
etherel90 wrote:
Ok so we can't drop health flask, QoL on Quicksilver is too much to give up imo, that leaves Wise Oak, Diamond or Silver. Wise Oak is too much of a dps increase to drop. And I haven't checked in PoB but I just can't see a scenario where it'd be better to switch out Diamond or Silver for a Quartz.

While it's true that casting a spell will end the phasing gained from Phase Dash, it's not usually a problem. I pretty much was only using it in Ultimatums where I would pop it when a new wave spawned or while doing stone circles to get from one spot to the other, then drop all my totems and Hydrosphere. When combined with a Vaal Grace/Haste you should be fine defensively between those 3.

But when you have enough currency, Divergent Dash is a huge QoL boost. I dropped phasing altogether and linked it with lvl 4 Enhance and now Divergent Dash has 4.4 seconds of Phasing and linked with second wind support has an extra charge and lower cooldown. It rules. I dropped Phase Run after that because I just don't need it.

You can lose silver flask if you get sleepless sentries on a medium cluster. Haven't look in to hydrosphere or divergent dash yet, seems interesting.

Would anyone be able to ellaborate on the hydrosphere modification to the build? First time jumping in and don't see it in the guide anywhere. I imagine drop the hydrosphere and your totems proc the debuff linked with it?

Yep. Linking it with hex touch also lets you have pretty easy curse uptime, since it lasts 8 seconds by default. You lose 5% exposer over frost bombs, but getting good bomb coverage kind of requires cascade and good debuff uptime needs increased duration, so you will have to apply your curses some other way. Hydrosphere feels like really good QoL as you are casting one spell to handle curses and exposure every 8-10 seconds vs maintaining 2 spells more often.
"
wickster92 wrote:
Huh -- the hydrosphere idea sounds intriguing. I'm assuming this is for QoL purposes only? Would self-cast curses be strictly stronger? Don't get me wrong -- i'm all about QoL :p

Spoiler
I'd have to check in PoB to be honest, but you'd be comparing the -10% cold res debuff from Hydrosphere + Elemental Weakness vs. -25% from Frost Bomb + Sniper's Mark. Don't have to compare Frostbite because it's being used in both setups.

As for the wand, I'm not sure. I have never used trigger in this build. QoL seems nice but we gain so much damage from crit multi, I'd rather just use a Vaal Coldsnap in a CWDT setup so it'll proc on hit and I can proc the Vaal version on bosses, while keeping the crit multi.

"
Smeevil1 wrote:
I can do t16 maps with complete with ease, bossing damage is on point, but that stops at mapping, once I fight a conqueror or sirus, or any notable boss in poe generally, the damage is very lame, I use all of my debuffs as well as my vaal gems on bosses, any help is appreciated, character name is SmartFellaFartSmella, thanks <3

Spoiler
For playstyle, I'm assuming that as the boss is about to spawn, you're spamming your totems to max your curses and proc as much self-flagellation as you can, then once the boss is up popping your flask and dumping your curses?

As for gear, looks like you're already working on your awakened gems, just need Controlled Destruction now. 30% projectile speed enchant on helm. +% damage against chilled enemies on gloves would help you out. Also I think your wands just have kind of low rolls. Your second wand only has 11 crit multi and the dead mod for reduced attribute requirements. You don't HAVE to have +1 cold skills. It's nice if you have top tier other mods, but getting high crit multi/crit chance/elemental damage to spells and cast speed your numbers will go up. For defense, some form of Phasing from either Phase Run or Divergent Dash would work. Also don't forget if you're lacking a bit of dex, it's really cheap to spam some Blessed Orbs on your Pandemonius to get a perfect 30 dex implicit.

Last edited by etherel90 on May 10, 2021, 6:08:42 PM
"
etherel90 wrote:
"
wickster92 wrote:
Huh -- the
Spoiler
For playstyle, I'm assuming that as the boss is about to spawn, you're spamming your totems to max your curses and proc as much self-flagellation as you can, then once the boss is up popping your flask and dumping your curses?

As for gear, looks like you're already working on your awakened gems, just need Controlled Destruction now. 30% projectile speed enchant on helm. +% damage against chilled enemies on gloves would help you out. Also I think your wands just have kind of low rolls. Your second wand only has 11 crit multi and the dead mod for reduced attribute requirements. You don't HAVE to have +1 cold skills. It's nice if you have top tier other mods, but getting high crit multi/crit chance/elemental damage to spells and cast speed your numbers will go up. For defense, some form of Phasing from either Phase Run or Divergent Dash would work. Also don't forget if you're lacking a bit of dex, it's really cheap to spam some Blessed Orbs on your Pandemonius to get a perfect 30 dex implicit.

Hey :D thanks for the reply,

I considered your notes and I changed the wand with a higher critical strike chance, I bought a helmet that offers 30% more projectile speed for the freezing pulse, As you mentioned as well, I bought a max lvl awk controlled destruction, I change my gloves for a glove that offers 50% more damage against chilled enemies, re-rolled my amulet to 29 dex, honestly it's getting better but I'm not sure where I'm going wrong still, the damage is not any near Wallach's damage considering the amount of investment that I've put onto the build, I don't know when do I hit the powerspike, playstyle wise I'm fine, stacking those curses and debuffing bosses, I'm in deseprate need of dps and IDK where i'm going wrong anymore, thanks for taking the time to comment by the way, you are amazing.
Last edited by Smeevil1 on May 10, 2021, 10:07:24 PM
Can I use this build with Freezebolt instead? I like the bubbles

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info