[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

anyone else having problems in Delve that totems do not shoot when you place a flare?
Last edited by exxidus on Apr 6, 2020, 4:49:25 PM
"
saugian wrote:
Hi Wallach!
I want to ask u that this build can kil A8 Sirus deathless? Or it will take some portals.
I really wanna try a totem build.
Thank you!

It can, but it's not like an ideal Sirus killing build. You generally won't survive the multi-beam if you don't dodge it, and our single target DPS isn't going to get insane enough where you can like power through the last phase so fast he doesn't get some chances to beam you.
"
exxidus wrote:
"
SuperBurgers wrote:
Just going to say I might be done. Thank you for the guide. I can improve my gear a bit (linked below if anyone is curious) but I'm not really interested in farming a boot enchant (failed enough times) or going to the next level for a double WE, Bottled Faith, or AwCoH setup. Also I really suck at pricing rares so never know what I should pay D:

It's really strong as a starter and can easily do all content with my current setup but I want to try something new now. PoB DPS is around 1.85 million per totem with flasks up.

A few leagues ago having a starter where the first major upgrade is an 18ex shield would have seemed crazy to me but with a bit of game knowledge it's not actually that bad. I kept alerts for the div cards and bought them as I farmed (no crazy sniped discounts, just ones priced to sell ASAP).

the 18 ex thing has nothing to do with a few leagues ago and you having more knowledge now about the game ... this season is just ridiculous ...

I never ever had more than 20 ex in the playtime i have now ... and now i sit on around 100 ex :P ... its just the ridic league that gives us so much currency

Not entirely true, it is both (last league was also crazy for currency too, I got a HH). In fact I tended to avoid or get low scores in Delirium until I got my Reflection because my DPS didn't feel great and I never entered Simulacrum because I was worried I'd waste the entry fee. But maybe other people were flush with cash and more willing to send it my way.

I sold multiple rares for > 1ex in the first 2 weeks, as a newer player I would not have noticed the value at all. Playing various builds and trading more helps identify these. Well rolled uniques (like witchfire brew for 25c and a perfect atziri's promise for 40c) is another thing I often missed as a newer player. Also, I am using the temple and safehouses much more efficiently.

Someone else asked for tips on what I did so I wrote a script to read my Client.txt because I was curious anyway. I got my Reflection on day 12 which is definitely not crazy fast but pretty good I think. They were going for around 19ex at the time but I traded div cards and spent 16.8ex which meant I also got the Coward's legacy on day 12. I actually left town on Day 4 so missed an entire day there too, and worked during weekdays.

This is the breakdown for all items over 15c:
- 2ex of well rolled but fairly common uniques or ones that are hard to find early (like Atziri's Promise 40c, Witchfire brew 25c, soul mantle 25c)
- 5ex of good rares (including a 1.5ex quiver)
- 6ex from the safehouses (3 pure chayula + scarabs mostly - I got 2x research during this time using the I+R 2 people trick, and Tora helped with gems but I didn't finish any Enlightens before day 12)
- 1.5ex from the temple (mostly in a transcendent mind jewel upgrade but I got a 15c string too, wasted a gem and corruption room)
- 2ex from levelling gems in offhands
- 5ex of misc stuff like div cards, shaper fragments, oils, and conqueror drops
- 0.8ex delirium cluster jewels

So around 20ex total. In early days I did the chaos recipe and also traded a bunch of ~5c trades which I didn't count since it would be tedious. A lot of that went back into gear. Based on my daily totals I didn't make huge money until day 9 when I did my first research house (6ex that day). I also bought other upgrades like the Pandemonius during this time.

Things that didn't work early on:
- Buying and running 44 Tul stones for a halcyon that never dropped (it gave good gem exp and a few uniques to make back some cost). It was a gamble with winning odds based on the price but I lost this time. Sold blessings and wands for 2c each since I was going to be in my hideout to trade every few minutes anyway. Got a halcyon to sell a week after all this from a random stone drop in delirium.
- Delve - I was focusing on pushing my atlas, but darkness diving is good (I sold a lot of fossils later and got an Aul's and 2x Doryani's maps, but not before my Reflection). Still no 6S recipe though, but a lot of single square abyssal city troll "rooms".
- Selling maps - I was busy just pushing my atlas but it works for some people.
- Trading div card sets - I sold my Offering and Escape cards even though a set traded for a ~40c profit. I didn't have the bankroll. I did this a bit later when I found some. It is nice easy money if you feel like trading but you can buy out the low end market easily. You can also do vendor recipes like Vinktar Square. It's a step up from the chaos recipe but mapping is more fun for most.
Last edited by SuperBurgers on Apr 6, 2020, 10:10:19 PM
"
SuperBurgers wrote:
[
- 6ex from the safehouses (3 pure chayula + scarabs mostly - I got 2x research during this time using the I+R 2 people trick

What is the two people trick? Care to elaborate? I have always filled the good safehouses with 4-5 members with good rewards
"
zweckform wrote:
"
SuperBurgers wrote:
[
- 6ex from the safehouses (3 pure chayula + scarabs mostly - I got 2x research during this time using the I+R 2 people trick

What is the two people trick? Care to elaborate? I have always filled the good safehouses with 4-5 members with good rewards

Reddit has a long post: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/c9sudy/betrayal_guide_how_to_farm_syndicate/

The summary is by sticking just 2 people in the best 2 safehouses (Intervention and Research, best rewards and also show up 100% of the time) you maximise runs of these. You don't run the others. You build rivalries from T/F to I/R but not between T/F to maximise off-house people showing up (up to 5 total). You rank up T/F members to jail them at rank 2+ (not rank 1 or they become free agents) or use the betray option for fast intel if it shows up.

When you run I/R the leader goes on the bench and #2 becomes leader because no one else exists. Next 'turn' the leader goes back in because houses want to have more than 1 person. Occasionally, the leader shows up to help and you can jail them if your #2 is really good (It That Fled) and already max rank, so they become leader. But don't have both leaders in jail at once or they might swap. Never run Mastermind (except really early before setup, or really late before you quit, for the challenge).

Some people say you can open and run T/F for exp if you don't go inside to meet the leader, but others say it resets that house so I'm not sure. Test if you want. Otherwise it just stops showing up for a few encounters then loses intel.

This is boring min-maxing for some, but should make more money.
Last edited by SuperBurgers on Apr 7, 2020, 2:33:20 AM
This seems genius, never read about this tactic! Thanks a lot!
Ancestral Inspiration should be mega for this build or?

Clust Jewel Ability:

Gain Arcane Surge when you Summon a Totem
Spells cast by Totems deal 25% increased Damage [1]

then you can completely remove the arcane surge setup and play with the awakened frost bomb setup with increased Area of Effect

I got one now with:

Ancestral Inspiration
Ancestral Reach
Last edited by exxidus on Apr 7, 2020, 7:25:42 AM
@wallace

This build is rather great. I always hated totems. I am having a lot of fun with this, and most likely will league start this from now on. Kind of sorry I slept on it.

Getting the Atziri's makes this build a beast for everything other than A8 Sirus. I think the damage there is fine, its surviving. I suck at the game tho, so maybe its me, or the fact that he can beam you from off screen... Was pretty much a guaranteed death every time for me.
I managed to kill Sirus deathless once with this build. As Wallach said, you more or less have to make a "perfect" fight, which is doable with experience.
Otherwise I usually die once.
Any suggestions to improve my gear?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info