[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Hiya,

The build seems like alot of fun. I got most of the important gear on SSF. I was wondering is it viable to run on hardcore? Or should i change the pob a bit to get to the scion wheel?

Thanks alot!
"
SuperBurgers wrote:
"
NoStRoMoSs wrote:
For advice on defense to do 20/20 Simul check the last video of Wallach on youtube, i just dropped 1 essence worm and zealot and went back to the old passives and went up to 4200HP/1400ES 2700 mana and i can 20/20 easy.

Huh, I copied your tree and it gives me 10% more DPS too, same life (no WE yet, that would give me a bit more), but a bit less mana and chaos res.

I changed my tree 3 times yesterday to make some test, the big diff atm is that i removed delirium jewels saved the 11 points to go written in blood and doomcast (for dps/es/hp) cause i'm farming simulacrum. I'm not convince on the jewel atm (nor do I have the 14 pts free to copy lastest wallach setup) and i know doom/blood is a sure bet and with the ring i'm using instead of essence worm
I changed the dps from zealotry 25%ish for 400ish hp/700 mana (helped a lot for MoM). If i was mapping i would go back to the jewel and 2 essence ring setup.

ATM i'm at 4070hp/1369ES 2730Mana. Tooltip Freezing Pulse with hatred 155k

For the hardcore question on top of me. I'm at 126 death atm, I do a lot of simulacrum/blights/T16 zana juiced up maps. I get one shot a ton. I'm not a great player but I don't think it's a Hardcore viable build.
Last edited by NoStRoMoSs on Mar 26, 2020, 10:03:41 AM
I think the new hotness is maps with delirium orbs, which are a bit rippy too. So I'm undecided on taking a 2nd worm or not yet. Maps with 2 orbs are easy but I still sometimes get one shot.

And yeah I absolutely wouldn't HC on it. I play risky, but still, Delirium kills me when I don't even think I'm taking any chances. It's just too random right now.

Even if you avoid metamorphs and delirium entirely to play it safe, the build doesn't really have any defensive layers. Just HP (based on MoM). And while totems do distract the enemy, sometimes it makes their attack patterns a bit unpredictable and you dodge into attacks when they switch. I don't think just adding more life would help.

Last edited by SuperBurgers on Mar 26, 2020, 10:32:59 AM
OK, little confused here

wearing 2 kikazaru rings + got the 20% node which = 100%, yet i'm still getting full cursed. What am i doing wrong?

My items
I die most often (and frequently) in the delay between placing the totems and the start of them firing. Has anyone tried Totemic Zeal to see if it makes a difference? I have little trouble killing things even on a 5-link but it lacks defensive layers other than life and freezing.
"
Eag1e wrote:
OK, little confused here

wearing 2 kikazaru rings + got the 20% node which = 100%, yet i'm still getting full cursed. What am i doing wrong?

You'll still be cursed, but they will have no effect on you.
"
raven_hammer wrote:
I die most often (and frequently) in the delay between placing the totems and the start of them firing. Has anyone tried Totemic Zeal to see if it makes a difference? I have little trouble killing things even on a 5-link but it lacks defensive layers other than life and freezing.

That's one of the trickiest parts about this play style. Best advice I can give is to lead with your totems and walk/run behind them.
Of course our worst enemy is the Incursions. Spitters will melt you before our totems fire.
"
SuperBurgers wrote:

BTW, I think it might be worth adding to the OP that helmets need to be item level 85 now to roll the 'nearby enemies' mods. It'll be easy for a newer player to buy the enchant on a bad helm and whiff the rolls.

Thanks for the heads up, This would of saved me a huge headach.
Could you add a List of things to buy and order of importance?

I just started and am wondering in what order I should get my stuff.
Most important is 6link i guess, but when should I buy Pandemonius, when Atziri Shiel, etc?
So i only have a 9ex budget, so reflection is a NO-GO for me :/ Is this build even any good aganst A8 Sirus without reflection?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info