[3.10] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (Cluster Jewels Update)


somehow this wand is better than the most staffs/wands/mace etc that I try to check on PoB, how come? Is Cast speed broken on this build or is cast speed getting calculated wrong on pob?
Last edited by warcry16 on Mar 26, 2020, 7:19:30 PM
"
warcry16 wrote:

somehow this staff is better than the most staffs/wands etc that I try to check on PoB, how come? Is Cast speed broken on this build or is cast speed getting calculated wrong on pob?


It's not broken but it is likely going to scale better than increased damage since we do stack a fair amount of increased damage. I'd say Profane Wand is generally going to be the highest DPS base due to that. And really that wand is quite good since you hit good rolls on cast speed, crit multi and +1 cold skills, which is going to make up for not having as much % increased damage.
"
Wallach wrote:
"
warcry16 wrote:

somehow this staff is better than the most staffs/wands etc that I try to check on PoB, how come? Is Cast speed broken on this build or is cast speed getting calculated wrong on pob?


It's not broken but it is likely going to scale better than increased damage since we do stack a fair amount of increased damage. I'd say Profane Wand is generally going to be the highest DPS base due to that. And really that wand is quite good since you hit good rolls on cast speed, crit multi and +1 cold skills, which is going to make up for not having as much % increased damage.

thx for the input, seems like I got lucky with the buy then. Got it very cheap.
Also, fair point on mentioning that the old fossil aura affixes that moved to influence bases now require ilvl 85 (we didn't know that before patch notes when I did that update). I'll mention that now and make a point to mention it in the 3.10 video update for endgame gearing options.
I may have gotten a tiny increase in currency.



I'm removing quite a few life nodes for damage cluster jewels, but ehhh, I'll be fiiiine.
"
warcry16 wrote:
"
Wallach wrote:
"
warcry16 wrote:

somehow this staff is better than the most staffs/wands etc that I try to check on PoB, how come? Is Cast speed broken on this build or is cast speed getting calculated wrong on pob?


It's not broken but it is likely going to scale better than increased damage since we do stack a fair amount of increased damage. I'd say Profane Wand is generally going to be the highest DPS base due to that. And really that wand is quite good since you hit good rolls on cast speed, crit multi and +1 cold skills, which is going to make up for not having as much % increased damage.

thx for the input, seems like I got lucky with the buy then. Got it very cheap.


I also found out something similar today. This was quite an upgrade (around 100c for 5% more damage). I crafted the cast speed since it was better than the flat cold it had.

All spell skills (instead of just cold) is kind of handy too for utility stuff.



Edit: Is this roll worth keeping? The life is low but we have mana and double res, plus the phys as cold. I think it makes up for the life.

Last edited by SuperBurgers on Mar 26, 2020, 11:19:51 PM
Anyone have any notable cluster jewels to recommend for this build? should we go for Cold Damage nodes or Totem Damage nodes?


What is the next step for upgrading my character? Buying awakened gem or buy a better weapon?
Hi, if you care to answer me, does Soul Mantle 6L with +1 to all gems give a better power spike compared to Atziri's reflection? I don't even have a 6l soul mantle atm
"
CenaK wrote:
Hi, if you care to answer me, does Soul Mantle 6L with +1 to all gems give a better power spike compared to Atziri's reflection? I don't even have a 6l soul mantle atm


Getting the Atziri's reflection setup will increase your damage around 30-40% depending on if you get an watcher's eye with it. It also give you the option to get a large cluster jewel since it frees up some points. For me the large cluster jewel alone was 14% more dps.
A +1 to all gems Soul Mantle will give your around 11%, maybe a bit more if you can use an empower in your 6L.

The Atziri's reflection setup is probably around 25ex including a watchers' eye, The +1 gem Soul Mantles are around 20ex. So it should be clear that Atziri's reflection is way better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info