Atlas Changes in Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

So boring... Take from us Guardians, Shaper , Uber Elder... making it super limited and giving us new Sh*t, forcing us to play it. Why not adding new stuff without ruin all the old... disappointed...
"
Nassko wrote:
So boring... Take from us Guardians, Shaper , Uber Elder... making it super limited and giving us new Sh*t, forcing us to play it. Why not adding new stuff without ruin all the old... disappointed...

Hasn't played it, says it's boring. Ok....
Mostly like these changes, but one thing makes me a bit sad. I did like how Elder/UE was, that everyone had to open their own ones, was different from most other content. Now we can just buy alot of the sets and farm it non-stop. Tho have to wait and see how the new atlas bosses work and how often those Shaper/elder sets drop.
On one hand, when i needed something from Shaper for my build, i just farmed shaper instead of buying gear straightaway, so that's gone now.

On the other hand, i have 40+ Red Zana missions because I don't see a reason after sufficient map pool to do Zana at all. So this is kinda OK.

I wonder if the "Zana RNG" will be indeed RNG, or there will be some guaranteed chance to get Shaper / Elder encounter when doing Zana on T16 map. Would be a shame to be forced to do 10 Zana missions with 10% chance to spawn old Guardian and being fucked by RNG once again - to have 100 Zana Missions with 1 type of guardian....

With that connected to lame Face2Face trade, with many scammers and many AFKers, poorly performing trade API etc, it will turn into nightmare. And that does not even cover SSF related issues with RNG.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
So we will no longer need a Map Bag?
I have two questions GGG :

1°) How stackable masters' missions will work with the new atlas system ?

2°) Will the map stash tab be changing dynamically as we progress and put stones on the atlas ?

Thanks !
Can GGG add some Shaper's guardian, shaper' fragment, elder's fragment divination card to the game????
"
andrew8448 wrote:
Rip farming for celestial hideout :(

Man, I got mine last night, on the 8th run of the evening. It was - wait for it - run # 208 or 209 since they introduced that hideout in Synthesis. It has been 14 hours since I got the unlock and I am still smiling. I was decorating it till 3am, had issues getting up to work at 6:00 -_-

@GGG

Really looking forward to next league, these changes to the game and itemization look absolutely amazing. I am not sure I will like league mechanics, but I will definitely dive into new bosses, atlas and crafting bases.
Persistence makes impossible possible, possible likely and likely definite. Yep, Mirror will drop eventually -_-
Cant find myself excited for anything about this except the atlas changes itself, like the sextant-ing, and region-ing.

The Shaper and Elder changes seem to be a hit for people who don't farm them. It was a staple for early league grind. That grind gave people who worked hard to farm their gear the edge for the entire league. Now it's rng based? You're twinking a lot of peoples gear because bases will now be more expensive, and you're forcing players to lose a lot of dps/survival. Some builds just don't come together without the Shaper or Elder base, they feel awfully slow and clunky or just weak in general.

The worst part is, how well do you think players will be receptive of having to grind longer to get their end game gear ? Let's look in a perspective of someone with a family and full time job or schooling. Are they going to have time to find Elder/Shaper through Zana by doing at minimum twice as many maps (the number comes from Zana making you run a second map for completion on top of the one you're in.)

This is why power creep was important, you gave the opportunity for players with short playtime or interests in other games the chance to grind here and be comfortable to keep around the entire league. Now it's a commitment to see the potential of just one build.

I've seen the insane damage on the support gems, but is this really the only way you guys can balance out the HP changes, and the boss fight changes? Taking away stronger items to replace them with insane damage super supports? Seems like a band-aid on a gunshot wound to me.

Been here a long time, I've had a lot of faith in some patches I thought would be terrible, but I just don't see this as the right direction this time.
2 concerns

Watchers eye was a primary method of gaining currency in trade league. Now?

Watchers eye was a staple in many builds, now going to be much harder to get mods you want?

I think everything else with shaper/elder items is going to be irrelevant imo. 7 links will be chase items, making unique 7 links very strong. Bad mods will still be cheap and all the other mods got nerfed a lot. Bases will not be that much more expensive, other than exquisite blade being 100+ ex.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info