Atlas Changes in Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

RNG Elder, just make sure you adjust your challenges to meet the new system. I can't see myself doing 100 Elder Kills or 125 Shaper guardians and shaper itself gated by RNG.

Adjust Challenges to agree to the new system, other than this concern, everything looks amazing so far.
Last edited by fragacraft on Nov 19, 2019, 10:40:49 PM
Word
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

do we have any reason to think they will work that way?

no, we dont ^^
just someone said "maybe like this" in a post and now people repeat that through the whole thread :D

i guess i made my assumption.
no thats not how it will work.
no "blank tier" maps.

because then you could farm up hundreds of maps by day 2,
upgrade your atlas by day 3, and run t16 only from there on.
with no investments and no understanding of atlas mechanics.

which would be ridiculous.
thats why no.

(i guess)
Unknown rule type: SetFondSize
Very pleased with this, looks like it will be a lot of fun.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Question: if you can unsocket and socket Watchstones, how will this affect the atlas?
lets say you socket it in area 1 and complete the new maps and upgraded maps. then you take it out of area 1 and put it in area 2. if you were to then put a watchstone back in area 1, are those maps still completed??

also, basically same question regarding sextants. since you sextant the actual watchstone, can you swap around the watchstone in different areas and the sextant mod will remain?
This makes me sad... I still haven't beaten Shaper or Elder, though I haven't tried too much.

And I can't play the game right now because I can't download it!
Nice
"
shaazu wrote:
Unless im missing something... How will you drop the higher tier maps?

E.g. Run T5 Strand. Kill Conqueror. Drop Watchstone. Socket Watchstone.
T5 strand now becomes T10 strand.

How do I run the T10 strand if all my maps are T5 and below?

Since you can't uncompleted maps anymore. The working theory is that all unlocked maps on the atlas will be drop able. So you won't have this fog of war anymore or have to complete a map for it to be on the drop table.

So, in this example you gave you would run all your t5 strands, no more strands drop. However, the new t6s from the upgraded zone will start to drop and you can build up to t10 strand from the new maps.
As much as I hope D4 isn't a flop, I realized today that they will be giving "Development Updates" at the same pace you guys will be dropping new Leagues. Well I guess I'll have something to read for a bit while I am patching at least.

Freshened up map system, weird Venom-hybrid-bosses, looks great!
Looking forward to this

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info