Atlas Changes in Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

sounds cool, shame about not being able to pick out specific maps, shame about the whole influence chasing thing going, those were 2 really good features, rip those i guess. for the overall good? maybe, lets see.

ok, question:

how does the upgrading effect map drops?

lets say i upgrade certain regions of the atlas to varying tiers. In an average day I find

t1 maps = 20 of them

t7 maps = 17 of them

t14 maps = 6 of them

total of 43 maps dropped.

ok, so now i upgrade my entire atlas to the max, giving me all maps at t14-16. What would running maps for the same day give me?

would I get 43 maps between t14 and t16 as that is all i now have on my atlas? Or do I just lose the 37 maps that were below tier 14 because theres now no maps in those tiers that can drop, and hence I just get 6 map drops for the day which are the same t14 maps i would have got anyway?
Shaper and Uber Elder have been the highlight of Endgame for a while. Removing them and putting them on a high RNG wheel sounds like it might be problematic. Given the track history of RNG gated boss fights I expect that only 0.1% of the playerbase will even see them. Please adjust their rates generously!
Ign: Shaavu
pog
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
sounds cool, shame about not being able to pick out specific maps, shame about the whole influence chasing thing going, those were 2 really good features, rip those i guess. for the overall good? maybe, lets see.

ok, question:

lets say i upgrade certain regions of the atlas to varying tiers. In an average day I find

t1 maps = 20 of them

t7 maps = 17 of them

t14 maps = 6 of them

ok, so now i upgrade my entire atlas to the max, giving me all maps at t14-16. What would running maps for the same day give me?

would I get 43 maps between t14 and t16 as that is all i now have on my atlas? Or do I just lose the 37 maps that were below tier 14 because theres now no maps in those tiers that can drop, and hence I just get 6 map drops for the day which are the same t14 maps i would have got anyway?

Thats an interesting question. I would guess that itll still obey the "connected or same tier" rule so youll drop the same tier as the low level maps you have. It might make for easier stockpiling of a single map to spam.
"
DngA wrote:
changes is good

but i just hope that:

Shaper and Elder item mods also exists in Conqueror item mods

also this is a big NERF to builds that uses shaper and elder uniques:

Watchers Eye
Beltimber blade
Arborix
Voidforge
etc...

shaper and elder uniques WILL BE SO EXPENSIVE
specially watchers eye, watchers eye is the min-max jewel of almost all builds

i really hope GGG has a plan for this

im kind of hoping the plan is that these items are actually worth a lot on the market now so lets leave it as it is and celebrate that you cant buy everything in the game for 5 chaos any more.
Can you please do your best to make drop rates noticeably better in higher tier maps? I hate situations where spamming lower tiers is more profitable. The game should reward those who do the harder content!
Unless im missing something... How will you drop the higher tier maps?

E.g. Run T5 Strand. Kill Conqueror. Drop Watchstone. Socket Watchstone.
T5 strand now becomes T10 strand.

How do I run the T10 strand if all my maps are T5 and below?
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

ok, question:

t1 maps = 20 of them

t7 maps = 17 of them

t14 maps = 6 of them

Maybe the map tier will not be set on the stones themselves, but by the atlas. as in the map stones will have not have any tier assigned to them?
IGN:Axe_Crazy
I was hoping to do a Starforge build this season - could be expensive!
"
MasterAxe wrote:

Maybe the map tier will not be set on the stones themselves, but by the atlas. as in the map stones will have not have any tier assigned to them?

i mean, ive got about 6,500 maps in my standard map stash, if i can convert them and then run them all as t14-15 maps then sure, ill take it xD

do we have any reason to think they will work that way tho? right now you can have a normal version, a shaped version and an elder version of the same map in your map tab, 3 different tiers of that map. is there any reason they would not just do it the way they already do it when it comes to upgrading the tiers of maps?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info