ExileCon Announcements

Well, now the only thing that keeps me more interested in D4 is Polish Language Come on, I know You can do also this, we Polish people are counting on You! :)
new skill gem system looks interesting. everything else is meh.
I am thoroughly impressed, blown away, and hyped as hell for this. PoE2 can't come fast enough, and the fact that "snippets" of it will drop in our game slowly over time starting with next month is a huge deal as well.

Idk what to say, you guys really out-did yourselves. I was expecting like, idk what I was expecting tbh. I know what I was not expecting (but I surely was hoping for it), graphical overhaul.

I've been wanting new character designs at least for a while now. Can't say I like any of the current designs if I am being honest aside from Shadow. And so I cover them up as fast as I can with armours. And yet, I havent been crash hot on most of the base armours either, yet learned to live with them in this more "prime-evil" slash "antiquity" exiled period we are in. And now we are getting both redone??? Along with (from what I heard) 2nd characters for PoE2 in the same classes?

I thought we might get a new class. A revamp in skill gems as in some new mechanic that created a new archetype all together (like a spear or crossbow and all skills to go with that). I thought we might get a campaign addition as well, but didnt want to get my hopes up. And in fact thought if we got a campaign alone it would of kinda felt a little silly. You know, along the lines of "every 3.0, 4.0, 5.0 patch, we are dropping 6, 7 and 8 acts". lol. I also thought the main campaign had got a little too long.

Was kind of expecting an end game "revamp"...

And yet, we get all of these things, some that I hoped for, few that I thought they might do, and even more so things I did not think they would touch on. New skill system looks dope, can't wait. Campaign is a second choice, fixing the problem of a single campaign becoming too large. New skill archetypes like werewolf forms etc... AND a graphics overhaul which was the last thing I expected (but one of my largest wants for characters and armour at least) ?

I mean, any one of these things alone could be big... And here we are getting all of it.

Seriously, you guys really did outdo yourselves. Shows the hard work you are putting into the game and gj, well done, bravo! :D

Can't wait to see what you will do with the passives as well. I'm kinda scared for that one though. I am hoping our learning curve does not get tossed out for some radical changes. Revamps I am good with. Complete overhaul Im kinda scared of and wanting to see how it goes. So curious. If history has taught me anything with GGG though, its to not be afraid, they know their s#!t.

Thank you for such an amazing announcement guys. You do realise you are making history right? With PoE 2 dropping, I can see this game being the first title that will go to 20 years of support and an active community. And no, not like those games that had their 10 year run in the best cases and then a niche hardcore fanbase kept at it... I mean a game that is at the forefront of its genre even passed the first 10 years. This is a new in gaming history.

Lastly, again about the graphics overhaul. I know some people are like "its the mechanics that matter"... Why not all? For me its everything. I like immersion. And I want my graphics to look goood. This stuff here is AAA level. Is it to the level of fidelity something like D4 is from the looks of it? No, but its not a pale shadow of that quality either. Its up there. If I give D4 visuals from this early look an A+, PoE2 is definitely an A.

I mean, hell, the game looks so good even now by PoE 3.8, that I was in fact noticing again recently how wonderful everything looks and how on-par it is for this generation of isometric rpgs. And going into next gen soon and moving forward, a visual upgrade like this will bring the game up to "date" and even more so, there will be nothing for this game to envy from AAA titles.

Also a great way to get new exiles into the fold. Looks matter. I dont want to date a brainless supermodel, but I also dont want to date some chick that looks like my sister just cause we can communicate. The whole package, looks and content, is preferred when available :D And PoE 2 is looking as sexy as any game of the genre coming out.

Man, so hype. CAN'T WAIT! :)
"
Toblaqai wrote:
Well, now the only thing that keeps me more interested in D4 is Polish Language Come on, I know You can do also this, we Polish people are counting on You! :)

Yes, pls make polish version GGG. Anybody from GGG crew read this? It's so sad. So many years and still no have polish language version :(
"
Pablo134 wrote:
"
Toblaqai wrote:

Yes, pls make polish version GGG. Anybody from GGG crew read this? It's so sad. So many years and still no have polish language version :(

Seems you do just fine in english, so i dont see the problem! Poe is not in my language i do just fine.

I prefer they spend time on game content that making a poland language for poe, most young in poland now a days speak english and read it to. See it in a posetive way ( you besome better and better in english ) a win win i say
"
Vegacius wrote:

I prefer they spend time on game content that making a poland language for poe, most young in poland now a days speak english and read it to. See it in a posetive way ( you besome better and better in english ) a win win i say

New content is good, but when GGG decide to make polish or another language version they won't employ the whole team for do this.

Another thing. Why German, France, Russia and other have that for so long. Make only english it's so simple...
Now than we have 2 PoE, can we play POE 1 character POE 2 game or do we have to
create new. What happens to old characters when the hole skill tree chance.
Are there 100 levels in POE 2. I think there are no old builds left so we have to start from the beginning. Now we know that POE 2 beta comes late 2020, so the game comes early 2021. I hope that Blizz woun't release D4 in 2020. It would be very bad thing to GGG. I will wait good news for POE 2 next year.
Poe2 seems great. The update is needed I think, and a lot of mechanics (auras) make me cry happy tears. The weapon sockets also seems like a good idea. Overall yay.

Poe mobile...MEH. I guess Tencent was gonna bend your arm in some way, and since mobile is so huge in china this is it. Mobile is not, and probably never will be something I care about. There is nothing I want to play on my phone. It is inferior in every way.

I dont know how your budgets work. Every cent I've spent on Poe, counted in the hundreds of dollars, I've spent gladly. You give me a free, great game. I give you money, because you deserve it. If I feel like some of my money will go to financing mobile bullshit...I'm not that keen on spending money anymore :\

Edit: typ0s.
Last edited by tzimize on Nov 16, 2019, 2:52:30 PM
Looking forward to seeing more of the new physics based pipeline.
"
Toblaqai wrote:

Could you please not use "we Polish people" to state your own desires and opinions?

From what I know, wast majority of polish poe players doesn't need that and doesn't bother themselves with lack of it.
Welcome in internet, domain of English language.
If you may, please leave your nationalism in front of your screen, thank you.

Game need bug fixes, polishing and faster response to recently found bugs, much bigger focus on new leagues to make them not start unbalanced or not even close to how they should be, not additional languages.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info