[3.11] Melting Nova | 16m DPS, 6k life, acro/phase | Deathless Sirus A8

"
Greystreett wrote:
this seems to be the only thread that i can find that has over 14% CRS break points. but im really new, first real season here, and im getting confused with your numbers and how they correlate in POB.

1) on my pob it says that i am at 7.44 attack rate, but i didn't know that POB didn't account for the 20% from Mist. So factoring that in with the 20% that would put me over the 7.5 APS, so essentially my current set up is not optimal because im over correct? and ultimately doing significantly less DPS than i should?

2) your Breakpoint after 51% (which is my goal now with getting an Awakened CoC) shows 7.5 to 10. and that is 10 in POB even if you are dual wielding? It doesn't jump to 20 in PB if your dual wielding?

like i said im really new, Any input and or advice would be appreciated

https://pastebin.com/pamLcTxG any help would be appreciated.

I think you might need to look at the first post about how to setup your gems.
How are you running this build right now? As in, do you cyclone and does it cast Ice Nova, Frostbolt, Wave of Conviction automatically?

You're supposed to put Frostbolt + 2 support gems on one weapon and Ice Nova + 2 support gems on the other. The weapon says that it will trigger a socketed cold gem (frostbolt on one weapon and ice nova on the other) on melee critical strike (which is Cyclone).

Basically, your damage comes from three spells that trigger when you critically strike with Cyclone. Those spells being: Frostbolt on weapon 1, Ice Nova on weapon 2, Wave of Conviction on your chest.

As for your question about calculating your attack rate, you're supposed to stay under 15 APS with Cyclone and not 7.5 APS. So as of right now you're missing a lot of damage from APS.

For your ascendency points, I'm pretty sure you need to be running Deadly Infusion instead of Ambush and Assassinate. Could be a visual bug in POB as well, so not sure if you're already running the right one.

You're also missing some power charge nodes in your skill tree, which make up for a lot of extra damage.

I'm also quite sure you could be running some better flasks to improve your damage.

Hope this helps and if someone sees a mistake I made or can addd something else I'd be happy to be corrected so this person can get the most out of his build.

my hp is only 3.6k and keep dying to bosses and meta. Could someone have a look at tell me what to do please ? im new to the game
"
I think you might need to look at the first post about how to setup your gems.
How are you running this build right now? As in, do you cyclone and does it cast Ice Nova, Frostbolt, Wave of Conviction automatically?

You're supposed to put Frostbolt + 2 support gems on one weapon and Ice Nova + 2 support gems on the other. The weapon says that it will trigger a socketed cold gem (frostbolt on one weapon and ice nova on the other) on melee critical strike (which is Cyclone).

Basically, your damage comes from three spells that trigger when you critically strike with Cyclone. Those spells being: Frostbolt on weapon 1, Ice Nova on weapon 2, Wave of Conviction on your chest.

As for your question about calculating your attack rate, you're supposed to stay under 15 APS with Cyclone and not 7.5 APS. So as of right now you're missing a lot of damage from APS.

For your ascendency points, I'm pretty sure you need to be running Deadly Infusion instead of Ambush and Assassinate. Could be a visual bug in POB as well, so not sure if you're already running the right one.

You're also missing some power charge nodes in your skill tree, which make up for a lot of extra damage.

I'm also quite sure you could be running some better flasks to improve your damage.

Hope this helps and if someone sees a mistake I made or can addd something else I'd be happy to be corrected so this person can get the most out of his build.

Hey man, i really appreciate the feed back. I get that my tree is slightly different and that could be a contributing factor to some lower DPS. Honestly my DPS isn't really much of an issue, i melt 16 maps and most meta's. Survivability could be a little better but whatever. I was really confused over the breakpoint numbers. So based on your post, the breakpoint numbers in post #1 are for only 1 handed weapons. So since im running dual malice's and in game my cyclone Attacks per Second reads 7.46, really at the 14% but less than 52% break points that APS should be just under 15.
"
Greystreett wrote:
this seems to be the only thread that i can find that has over 14% CRS break points. but im really new, first real season here, and im getting confused with your numbers and how they correlate in POB.

1) on my pob it says that i am at 7.44 attack rate, but i didn't know that POB didn't account for the 20% from Mist. So factoring that in with the 20% that would put me over the 7.5 APS, so essentially my current set up is not optimal because im over correct? and ultimately doing significantly less DPS than i should?

2) your Breakpoint after 51% (which is my goal now with getting an Awakened CoC) shows 7.5 to 10. and that is 10 in POB even if you are dual wielding? It doesn't jump to 20 in PB if your dual wielding?

like i said im really new, Any input and or advice would be appreciated

https://pastebin.com/pamLcTxG any help would be appreciated.

Just to make clear, Awakened COC doesn't increase our CRS by 20%. That CRS only applies to the supported spells. This means our Cospri's gems (Frostbolt and Ice Nova) aren't affected at all by it; only Wave of Conviction is.

Our APS cap is 15 for a simple reason. With >=14% CRS, each Cospri can cast up to 7.5 procs per second, but each one will only proc its spells if you attack with it (if you attack with your mainhand, you won't proc offhand spells). So, for a maximum usage of our procs per second, we need 7.5 attacks per second for each weapon, to a total of 15 APS.

Awakened COC ideal APS is 10 because you get up to 10 procs per second. Unlike the above paragraph, we don't need to double the APS because we don't have two spells to proc, so going for 20 isn't really necessary. If you put two spells on your 6link, though, the cap rises to 20. :)

Also, about your APS, if you're running with a single Cospri (which I guess you are because of your APS value), then yes, you are wasting some procs. If you're dual wielding, then you're not wasting procs, but you could make a better use of them by increasing your attack speed.

Updated topic title and added with two new videos: Hunter and Sirus (must watch for the thrill lol)!
Last edited by Chesco on Feb 4, 2020, 7:00:23 PM
ok so Dual wielding Cospris, my in game APS should say just under 15... not just under 7.5 to get most benefit out of my ice nova in my chest. i can swap out the second spell no issue.
"
starstalker03 wrote:

my hp is only 3.6k and keep dying to bosses and meta. Could someone have a look at tell me what to do please ? im new to the game

Got to go now so could only look for a second. First thing I noticed is that you're missing 17% lightning resistance to be capped.

Will have to take a closer look tomorrow.
Congrats on the deathless Sirus Aw8 kill. Your COC Assassinations seem to be what everybody wants around this league. :)
https://pastebin.com/mYkYdJKw

Any suggestions on where I can squeeze in that last .08 aps? I don't think i can afford tailwind boots + other items to even out res. Also I just crafted my chest and want to know if I should craft something better.

Edit: I divined one of my Cospri's and now I'm at 15.11 aps. Is that ok or do I have to be at exactly 15?
Last edited by TheWooSensation on Feb 5, 2020, 2:57:15 AM

Selling 40% Ice Nova damage enchant on Starkonja's.

Price is negotiable, PM if interested.
Hi guys, can anyone suggest what to upgrade for my character next?

Also, I was thinking of getting the anoints for my amulet (Effigon) to Heart Of Flame and reallocated my skills points to get to the Disciple of the Forbidden. This should increase my damage quite nicely since I can get more crit chance and crit strike multiplier from per power charge right?
Anyway, if I want to get Timeless Jewel, it should be in the name of Doryani? Where do I socket the jewel so I can get fire life leech?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info