Fan Art Competition Winners

Loved the submissions, they are really good kudos to everyone. The one with sin and the exile going for a massive kitava is my favorite one
"
Razis wrote:
Guys, galls, please... relax. They barely placed signed work from DD art director in top 10. And since I was placed no more than 8 spots below him by the authority of GGG jury, I shall now be referred to as Supreme Grandmaster Razis and you will accept my word without question.
Now listen my children - if Daniel Dociu would participate he would get like 5th place maybe if he got lucky on his best day. The competition was real fierce, you would have to pull off some deicide shit to compete.

Do not despair, and keep it up.

Besides they said they will give out more hats later so don't worry just yet.

Lmao, Best comment of this tread! That's the way to think about it.
Last edited by zxdrrtolkin13 on Oct 31, 2019, 12:55:29 AM
"
pajingtonn wrote:
Damn. Map I drew isn't even mentioned in runner ups. Feels bad bro. First time experience, last time experience :X

i feel ya man, i was ssure i'd get something
please, cheapen the wing prices !
Am Yisrael 'Chai
"
uzbek90 wrote:
"
pajingtonn wrote:
Damn. Map I drew isn't even mentioned in runner ups. Feels bad bro. First time experience, last time experience :X

i feel ya man, i was ssure i'd get something
I'm little bit sad about this. Competing with guys like Kardalak, Joe_Duncan which are well known in community for their talent is impossible. Would they even consider to give them lower prize? No.

On the other side I know I'm not talented at all (I'm more into music and writing) but being not even mentioned with amount of time I spent over it (more than 18hours on painted map) is ... ridiculous. :/

https://i.imgur.com/xPLVqTs.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/VxwN7k7.jpg
Last edited by pajingtonn on Oct 31, 2019, 5:12:57 AM
as always, the randomizer chose the winners
"
what's wrong with my drawings? :(
not even placed with the runners-up
Spoiler

"
ArturVilela wrote:
This is standard procedure by now... But once again... Not even placed with the runners-up... Was this intentional? Again??? Starting to feel less and less motivated to participate in these events... ¬¬

My entry:
Spoiler

I was sure that this work will be in the top ten at least

Here's my critiques for you both:

Composition is largely the problem with your work. You've drawn some pretty nice looking characters (Garukhan needs more polish though), but you have generic looking backgrounds that don't really make the character feel like they're a part of a scene. The background and the characters look disconnected from one another. Rather than draw a character, next time draw a scene where Malachai appears to be doing something rather than just existing in a space.

ArturVilela's problem is largely proportion. That face is hard to look at and the foreground arm just doesn't look right. He should have used more contrast and really shown a command of the use of light. It would have produced a really dynamic image, instead it looks a little flat and unfinished. He somewhat has the same problem with composition. His composition is quite a bit better than yours, the Ranger is clearly doing something in the scene, but there's a bit of a disconnect between the background and the character, this is largely because the background isn't reflected on the character. Parts in shadow should transition from skin tone to more of a navy blue to reflect the light of the background.
Last edited by Unburied_One on Oct 31, 2019, 3:09:02 AM
"
Picture by "Razis" is really good.

Distribution of places feels random.

Distribution of places feels subjective, as it should. Why? Because there's no way artworks can be judged objectively where nobody is hurt unless it's popularity contest but then you're just getting more samples of subjective opinions.

You're living in a fantasy world. This is real world. There will be losers so that there can be winners.

Case closed.
Last edited by TheDravic on Oct 31, 2019, 3:02:58 AM
"
evanesce wrote:
Congrats to the winners! As usual, fantastic and ever-improving!

And to the sore losers: I've lost plenty of art competitions. I've won some too. You need to swallow your pride and accept that this time it wasn't working, and practice not only where you are weak but where you are strong. Self-defeating negativity is a bad way to be.

It's not just that.
If you are participating in an ART competition you have to understand that the jury will be subjective with their own taste.
There's a limited amount of winners by the definition of what a competition is.
If you are creating ART and the process wasn't rewarding enough for you to feel satisfied then maybe you should be doing something different.
If you make an argument that you'd like to be financially appreciated for your art, a fun competition for some tokenized video game prizes and collectibles is not something you should be spending your time for.
Amazing art by everyone!
"
TheDravic wrote:
"
evanesce wrote:
Congrats to the winners! As usual, fantastic and ever-improving!

And to the sore losers: I've lost plenty of art competitions. I've won some too. You need to swallow your pride and accept that this time it wasn't working, and practice not only where you are weak but where you are strong. Self-defeating negativity is a bad way to be.

It's not just that.
If you are participating in an ART competition you have to understand that the jury will be subjective with their own taste.
There's a limited amount of winners by the definition of what a competition is.
If you are creating ART and the process wasn't rewarding enough for you to feel satisfied then maybe you should be doing something different.
If you make an argument that you'd like to be financially appreciated for your art, a fun competition for some tokenized video game prizes and collectibles is not something you should be spending your time for.

Agree 100%. All of the winners are absolutely GREAT. Were there some other great artworks that didn't win anything? Probably. Does that justify some people's complaining of "But there are worse artworks in the winners than my artwork hurr"? Absolutely not. Trying to fish for compliments by low-key implying that other artists are bad is no way to improve (not to mention it's a very shitty attitude).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info