Fan Art Competition Winners

Wow, a lot of sore losers here. Congratulations to all the winners! I’m definitely inspired to participate again next time now that I’ve broken the ice!
"
ArturVilela wrote:
This is standard procedure by now... But once again... Not even placed with the runners-up... Was this intentional? Again??? Starting to feel less and less motivated to participate in these events... ¬¬

My entry:
Spoiler

I'm sorry... but nope. Not even close to make it into that list. It can be hard to hear but sometimes they get it right.
Wow, loads of great stuff here!

It's really hard to pick out the best, especially since sometimes the style & technique is very interesting, sometimes the subject is original, and so forth.

In addition to the superb winner pictures, there were some that I would like to mention:

Atziri, Queen of the Vaal by kralj87 resonated with me because I recently had my first Atziri encounter and the image kinda reflects my feeling when I faced her... like *gulp* oh shit, now I'm in for it. Especially since the perspective shows very well how huge and intimidating she must be for your character.

The picture showing Zana and her father united by kanterbow is a great idea and really hits you right in the feels. Zana's hair is very nicely rendered, too - I can understand why Einhar is so fascinated by it! XD But seriously, a very emotional piece that left an impression on me.

Finally, the one showing Hillock facing the witch by AngstyBoy is a strong entry IMO. The broad and almost forceful paint strokes, the wreckage scattered across the scenery, the stranded shipwrecks in the background, the risen dead, the torn and tattered rags the figures are wearing... it all radiates that desperate and gloomy atmosphere of the Twilight Strand. It's a raw piece, brutal even. The witch is also captured in just the right way: Not a beautiful, legendary heroine in glimmering armour, but a ragged outcast simply refusing to die and taking on the fight - driven ahead not by a noble cause, but by her anger and spite.

I'd like to thank all the participants for sharing their beautiful art with us - you guys & gals rock! :)
so many Witches :3
ggg cant nerf artworks
LOL @ Arterton in 6th place. What a joke.
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
"
ArturVilela wrote:
This is standard procedure by now... But once again... Not even placed with the runners-up... Was this intentional? Again??? Starting to feel less and less motivated to participate in these events... ¬¬

My entry:
Spoiler

The face of your ranger looks out of place
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Last edited by girng on Nov 5, 2019, 2:53:01 PM
Odd that my full 3d model didn't even make it in the runners up or anything.
https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/path-of-exile-celestial-elder-waypoint-cde60983c3604910aaaf9517a2f800fd

oh well :/ guess some you just loose. Congrats to all the nice paintings
"
SamothD wrote:
Wow, loads of great stuff here!

It's really hard to pick out the best, especially since sometimes the style & technique is very interesting, sometimes the subject is original, and so forth.

In addition to the superb winner pictures, there were some that I would like to mention:

Atziri, Queen of the Vaal by kralj87 resonated with me because I recently had my first Atziri encounter and the image kinda reflects my feeling when I faced her... like *gulp* oh shit, now I'm in for it. Especially since the perspective shows very well how huge and intimidating she must be for your character.

The picture showing Zana and her father united by kanterbow is a great idea and really hits you right in the feels. Zana's hair is very nicely rendered, too - I can understand why Einhar is so fascinated by it! XD But seriously, a very emotional piece that left an impression on me.

Finally, the one showing Hillock facing the witch by AngstyBoy is a strong entry IMO. The broad and almost forceful paint strokes, the wreckage scattered across the scenery, the stranded shipwrecks in the background, the risen dead, the torn and tattered rags the figures are wearing... it all radiates that desperate and gloomy atmosphere of the Twilight Strand. It's a raw piece, brutal even. The witch is also captured in just the right way: Not a beautiful, legendary heroine in glimmering armour, but a ragged outcast simply refusing to die and taking on the fight - driven ahead not by a noble cause, but by her anger and spite.

I'd like to thank all the participants for sharing their beautiful art with us - you guys & gals rock! :)

That one by kanterbow is a terrible photoshop effort, can't believe it won a prize. Cut and pasted images together then did some colorizing haha. Guy took a photo, and badly colored over it in some parts. The hair looks nicely rendered cause it's a photograph. Terrible pixel eyeglasses he slappped on too, when it should be a monocle.

The Rich Get Richer, the Po Stay Po.
Last edited by macsdf1 on Nov 6, 2019, 4:52:00 PM
Okay, certainly looks like you're right. :-s Had you seen the original photo somewhere and then noticed the resemblance when you saw kanterbow's piece, or how did you find out?

I still think the inspiration to reinterpret that image for Zana reunited with her father is nice, but the execution makes it more of a reappropriation than a representation, I guess... aw man. :-/
"
SamothD wrote:
Okay, certainly looks like you're right. :-s Had you seen the original photo somewhere and then noticed the resemblance when you saw kanterbow's piece, or how did you find out?

I still think the inspiration to reinterpret that image for Zana reunited with her father is nice, but the execution makes it more of a reappropriation than a representation, I guess... aw man. :-/

Well it was pretty obvious they just took a photograph and colorized it if you look at the pic and zoom. A simple google for 'hug' will show the original. Just a shame a simple 5 min photo manipulation wins a prize over others who prob painted for hours.
The Rich Get Richer, the Po Stay Po.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info