[3.10] Complete Cobra Lash Assassin Guide | >10m Shaper DPS | All content | Noob Friendly | Video

Thanks for the help, builds coming along great.

Just clear everything so i want to show off my gear, I spent ~70-80 ex and so proud with my helmet. You guys should try to craft 3s shock modifiers, my dps increase from 12m to 16m thank to it.
And thank OP so much this build is so fun
Last edited by nqtuan92 on Feb 6, 2020, 1:34:24 AM
"
nqtuan92 wrote:

Just clear everything so i want to show off my gear, I spent ~70-80 ex and so proud with my helmet. You guys should try to craft 3s shock modifiers, my dps increase from 12m to 16m thank to it.
And thank OP so much this build is so fun

That's nice to hear! And congrats on the nice equipment! :)
Looking for advice on how to improve my gear on this... My damage is good for map clearing but not quite there for end game bosses and nowhere near OP's, I've tried a bunch of different claws in PoB and none seems to do better than this setup. Looking to see where my gear is falling short and what upgrades I can make:

And here are some other claw options I have, as well as a few exalts/stuff I can sell for an upgrade:

I've tried the poison/chaos claws rather than a pure physical one, and even w/ the 60% chance for poison to do 100% more damage fix in PoB the physical claw appears to still yield a better overall damage. I know I need to gain about 5 levels to get some more life and probably grab another claw node to complete my damage upgrades. The nutty thing is that i'm over 5 APS with this setup, especially once haste and blood rage kick in it's closer to like 5.5 aps. Fun build, just wondering what quick wins there may be out there to juice my damage some more.
Last edited by MuTayShuN on Feb 5, 2020, 1:55:11 PM
Love the build. It has been great, and the crafting tutorial is probably one of the most useful PoE resources I've bumped into, thanks for making it! (I'm pretty sure at this point, though, that any time an NPC mentions "horrors from beyond" or whatever, that they're actually talking about what they saw about the systems used to decide RNG for risky annuls or exalt slams. ^_^ )

Also, the one post nearly 20-some pages back that shared about the Thread of Hope placement saved me so many node points. Tyty to the person who shared it!

At this point I can take out lvl 8 Awakener fairly easily (worst designed ARPG boss I've ever seen. Ugh, the boredom of waiting out the storms...) and defeat Shaper fairly consistently if I don't get too lazy about dodging, but am really struggling against the buffed Uber Elder so far (especially with the completely insane entry fee to the fight with the fragments' cost).

My main difficulty has been positioning and dodging with whirling blades as the main movement skill. The last character I used to defeat Uber Elder was back in Legion, and it used leap slam and raw movement speed to position/dodge exactly where I needed to be. I think I'm mostly just having a rough time readjusting to the straight-line nature of whirling blades' movement, as most of my deaths so far have been a Wiley E. Coyote style dash past the line of safety, and straight over the edge into one of the arena's ever increasing death puddles or random projectiles.

I switched over withering step from CWDT to manual, to hopefully try the fight again using more of just regular movement speed to dodge things, but thought I'd see if anyone had any other useful tips to try?

[Edit] It worked! I left a Withering Step in CWDT, and slotted another to manually use, and was able to dodge around the arena enough to win with even three portals left by the end. (Had to stockpile about 12 Exalts worth of attempts to be sure I could learn the fight, though... And needed to use Multiple Projectiles instead of Vicious Projectiles, 'cause my aim while dodging isn't very good, haha.

I absolutely love the build and how it feels to play. I've been wanting to try a poison character ever since they buffed poison, and taking this one to the endgame has been a great experience! Finding good corruptions on the gloves (yay for extra life!) is much more affordable at this point in the league, and I was able to catalyst the ring and amulet mana reductions so that CL only costs a few mana per cast (makes it back near instantly by leeching), which freed up the chest piece for more raw damage. The poison just melts everything.

Mostly just a gear post to show off how hard I worked to reach 5.8k life points on the build while still keeping up on damage, but any comments or thoughts on upgrades are welcome, too!

Last edited by Squarg_the_barbarian on Feb 7, 2020, 8:12:13 AM
I could still use an answer to my question a few pages back. Not sure why you'd ignore such an easy question but okay lol.
"
Poetical-Lies wrote:
I could still use an answer to my question a few pages back. Not sure why you'd ignore such an easy question but okay lol.

Sorry, your other post "thank you, build is coming along great" made me think you were helped already.
Not exactly sure what you really need help with, most of your items are about the same quality level and have same "urgence" to be replaced. Amulet and Rings are the items to fix your resistances with and the rings are usually bought if looking for the temple -x to mana mod while Helmet usually involves some fossil crafting. In which order you do that, is totally up to you and your current bank and each upgrade will make your char better. Often you want to upgrade many slots at somewhat the same time, to balance out the resistances. Say you find the nicest temple mod ring with life, -mana, attack speed and whatever but without resistances, then next step is to upgrade other ring or amulet to fix the resistances.
"
Spoiler
Love the build. It has been great, and the crafting tutorial is probably one of the most useful PoE resources I've bumped into, thanks for making it! (I'm pretty sure at this point, though, that any time an NPC mentions "horrors from beyond" or whatever, that they're actually talking about what they saw about the systems used to decide RNG for risky annuls or exalt slams. ^_^ )

Also, the one post nearly 20-some pages back that shared about the Thread of Hope placement saved me so many node points. Tyty to the person who shared it!

At this point I can take out lvl 8 Awakener fairly easily (worst designed ARPG boss I've ever seen. Ugh, the boredom of waiting out the storms...) and defeat Shaper fairly consistently if I don't get too lazy about dodging, but am really struggling against the buffed Uber Elder so far (especially with the completely insane entry fee to the fight with the fragments' cost).

My main difficulty has been positioning and dodging with whirling blades as the main movement skill. The last character I used to defeat Uber Elder was back in Legion, and it used leap slam and raw movement speed to position/dodge exactly where I needed to be. I think I'm mostly just having a rough time readjusting to the straight-line nature of whirling blades' movement, as most of my deaths so far have been a Wiley E. Coyote style dash past the line of safety, and straight over the edge into one of the arena's ever increasing death puddles or random projectiles.

I switched over withering step from CWDT to manual, to hopefully try the fight again using more of just regular movement speed to dodge things, but thought I'd see if anyone had any other useful tips to try?

[Edit] It worked! I left a Withering Step in CWDT, and slotted another to manually use, and was able to dodge around the arena enough to win with even three portals left by the end. (Had to stockpile about 12 Exalts worth of attempts to be sure I could learn the fight, though... And needed to use Multiple Projectiles instead of Vicious Projectiles, 'cause my aim while dodging isn't very good, haha.

I absolutely love the build and how it feels to play. I've been wanting to try a poison character ever since they buffed poison, and taking this one to the endgame has been a great experience! Finding good corruptions on the gloves (yay for extra life!) is much more affordable at this point in the league, and I was able to catalyst the ring and amulet mana reductions so that CL only costs a few mana per cast (makes it back near instantly by leeching), which freed up the chest piece for more raw damage. The poison just melts everything.

Mostly just a gear post to show off how hard I worked to reach 5.8k life points on the build while still keeping up on damage, but any comments or thoughts on upgrades are welcome, too!

GZ on the UElder kill and on the nice gear, looking very good. Great to hear that you enjoy the build! :)
"
MuTayShuN wrote:
Spoiler
Looking for advice on how to improve my gear on this... My damage is good for map clearing but not quite there for end game bosses and nowhere near OP's, I've tried a bunch of different claws in PoB and none seems to do better than this setup. Looking to see where my gear is falling short and what upgrades I can make:

And here are some other claw options I have, as well as a few exalts/stuff I can sell for an upgrade:

I've tried the poison/chaos claws rather than a pure physical one, and even w/ the 60% chance for poison to do 100% more damage fix in PoB the physical claw appears to still yield a better overall damage. I know I need to gain about 5 levels to get some more life and probably grab another claw node to complete my damage upgrades. The nutty thing is that i'm over 5 APS with this setup, especially once haste and blood rage kick in it's closer to like 5.5 aps. Fun build, just wondering what quick wins there may be out there to juice my damage some more.

I really don't think I can help you here, the PoB tells you which weapon is best to use and I would just follow that.

Hello, just started crafting the claws for this build. Would this claw be good or should I reroll? It has an open prefix to craft for increased chaos damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info