[3.10] Complete Cobra Lash Assassin Guide | >10m Shaper DPS | All content | Noob Friendly | Video

"
x3BlackLotus wrote:

Hello, just started crafting the claws for this build. Would this claw be good or should I reroll? It has an open prefix to craft for increased chaos damage.

It's good enough to be used until you have most of the equipment. Then you can try to get a better one without the +int and with attack speed or crit or other good mods. But it's not bad for now.
this being my first posion build ever i can say its fun and i really like playing it, my question is if this claw can get me started for white possibly yellow maps before i get a better one. i got a pretty low roll on chaos damage but the despair looks good. should i use it with 1 wasp nest or just keep going with 2 wasp nest until i get something better?

Last edited by Onedaylate on Feb 14, 2020, 7:56:14 PM
"
Onedaylate wrote:
this being my first posion build ever i can say its fun and i really like playing it, my question is if this claw can get me started for white possibly yellow maps before i get a better one. i got a pretty low roll on chaos damage but the despair looks good. should i use it with 1 wasp nest or just keep going with 2 wasp nest until i get something better?

Mmmhh...it's really not so good. Might still be better then Wasp Nest, not sure though. Do you use Witchfire Brew? I highly recommend that for leveling until you have two good claws or even afterwards if none of your Claws have Despair on Hit. For white maps it really shouldn't matter so much, they should work just fine with Wasp Nests aswell. If you don't use PoB (which can easily tell you which Claw to use), then just try them out and see what feels better to you.
Could I get some help on my build? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or need to do to fix my gear. Don't understand what to do to get all the auras working. any help would be very much appreciated! aaronmex
"
aarongrc23 wrote:
Could I get some help on my build? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or need to do to fix my gear. Don't understand what to do to get all the auras working. any help would be very much appreciated! aaronmex

Everything seems ok. You do NOT use the Haste as Aura, just Vaal Haste for Speed Boosts. Should also be noted in the Guides FAQ iirc.
Hi, I want to say thank you for the build guide. This is one of the funnest builds I've ever played and I find it really made me a better player due to it being so fragile.

Also my first 40/40 whereas in the past I didn't make it past 31.. So there's that.

I invested a fair amount in my gear:
Spoiler

Some feedback :
1. I took the phasing nodes near the bottom right life cluster instead of the bleeding poison cluster for 5 points. This helped a lot in hitting 600 depth I feel.
2. The bottom poison/bleed cluster costs 5 points but the claw cluster on the right hand side of the tree costs 4 points, in POB they seem roughly equal so I was doing that for a bit.
4. I considered a very large thread of hope in the bottom right side of tree, but could not balance my resists well enough. It seems worth it in general though

Some more about my gear:
1. I only started using a guard skill (immortal call) after I was 39/40 because I didn't want to lose faster attacks and faster casting on my movement skills. That was a mistake, skill helped so much! After removing from whirling blades, my attack speed went from 0.36 to 0.43, barely noticeable. Use guard skills! Really helps on delve.
1b. Speaking of delve, when you go low to about 600, there are some nodes that straight up 1hit me, so I had to go around.
2. Even with about 250ex of investment in my gear, I only just broke 6k HP. You really have to dodge with this build.
3. I'm running a level 5 enlighten in gloves with level 22 malevolence, level 2 precision, level 23 Hoag, and Aspect of spider which leaves 70 mana after everything, so about 2 wither totem casts. Having 1 gemini claw really ensure that I never have to worry about any can't leech/no regen maps and the dos difference isn't that much different from an imperial at this point.
4. Cobra lash is level 24 with chest +ammy, plague bearer level 26 with empower and ammy. Bloodrage 23 or 24.
5. I don't know where I would put vaal haste in my build, so I haven't used it yet, but I'm running bloodrage always.
6. For single target bosses like Uber and Sirus, I gem swap GMP for a level 6 Awakened Vicious Projectiles. Dying sun helps for portals on Uber.
7. I'm running a lethal pride with 5% chance to deal double damage, ~100str and 40% fire res for my top right jewel
8. Watchers eye is mostly for convenience and flask uptime on bosses (flask charge on crit w/ precision and unaffected by bleeding w malev). You could prob get a different one with more damage stats

And most importantly :
9. Your 10ex necro friend will probably still outDPS you while having double your HP, so I hope you can live with that.

Last edited by DefaultUsers on Feb 18, 2020, 11:53:02 AM
"
DefaultUsers wrote:
Hi, I want to say thank you for the build guide. This is one of the funnest builds I've ever played and I find it really made me a better player due to it being so fragile.

Also my first 40/40 whereas in the past I didn't make it past 31.. So there's that.

I invested a fair amount in my gear:
Spoiler

Some feedback :
1. I took the phasing nodes near the bottom right life cluster instead of the bleeding poison cluster for 5 points. This helped a lot in hitting 600 depth I feel.
2. The bottom poison/bleed cluster costs 5 points but the claw cluster on the right hand side of the tree costs 4 points, in POB they seem roughly equal so I was doing that for a bit.
4. I considered a very large thread of hope in the bottom right side of tree, but could not balance my resists well enough. It seems worth it in general though

Some more about my gear:
1. I only started using a guard skill (immortal call) after I was 39/40 because I didn't want to lose faster attacks and faster casting on my movement skills. That was a mistake, skill helped so much!
2. Even with about 250ex of investment in my gear, I only just broke 6k HP. You really have to dodge with this build.
3. I'm running a level 5 enlighten in gloves with level 22 malevolence, level 2 precision, level 22 Hoag, and Aspect of spider.
4. Cobra lash is level 24 with chest +ammy, plague bearer level 26 with empower and ammy
5. I don't know where I would put vaal haste in my build, so I haven't used it yet, but I'm running bloodrage always.
6. For single target bosses like Uber and Sirus, I gem swap GMP for a level 6 Awakened Vicious Projectiles. Dying sun helps for portals on Uber.
7. I'm running a lethal pride with 5% chance to deal double damage, ~100str and 40% fire res for my top right jewel
8. Watchers eye is mostly for convenience and flask uptime on bosses (flask charge on crit w/ precision and unaffected by bleeding w malev). You could prob get a different one with more damage stats

And most importantly :
9. Your 10ex necro friend will probably still outDPS you while having double your HP, so I hope you can live with that.

Thanks for you feedback mate, glad you enjoyed and very impressed that you got to 40/40. Delve 600 is quite rippy, so you are right...have to succeed on these evades and dodges more often then not. :D
Awesome collection of gear you got there!

I will take your feedback regarding the passive tree into account when I prepare the guide for 3.10.

My Necro friend isn't having the same amount of fun playing, so I will never be jealous. ;)
Yeah haha, definitely WAY more fun than the necro. It's a very mechanical build which I love.

It feels engaging to play, balancing wither totems, position, tracking plague bearer etc.

I added a few more edits to my main o
Post.

Trying to theorycraft cobra lash HoWA build next league.

I'm imagining some synergy between cobra lash and the below two which might be better than MS except maybe on bosses

"
DefaultUsers wrote:
Yeah haha, definitely WAY more fun than the necro. It's a very mechanical build which I love.

It feels engaging to play, balancing wither totems, position, tracking plague bearer etc.

I added a few more edits to my main o
Post.

Trying to theorycraft cobra lash HoWA build next league.

I'm imagining some synergy between cobra lash and the below two which might be better than MS except maybe on bosses

While you are saying that you are aware of Esoros HoWA Cobra Lash guide, right? It looks really fun imo. :)
"
MoosGames wrote:

While you are saying that you are aware of Esoros HoWA Cobra Lash guide, right? It looks really fun imo. :)

Thank you! Just saw the video and imported the pastebin into POB from video link, However its showing about... 3.8 mill dps which seems quite low.

I'll see if theres anything which can be improved on that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info