[3.10] Slayer Lightning Strike | Inpulsa + Storm's Gift | Insane clear-speed | All end-game content

"
For now I just grabbed a life and mana leech node to deal with it but I'll look into that craft you were talking about.

I believe this node is actually the best way to deal with mana sustain, and the cost is basically 1 passive point.

"
I'm looking to level up my enlighten to lvl 4 so I can handle wrath, herald of ice, and probably precision but I left it out for now since I haven't changed the color sockets on my storm's gift.

If you're sure you can get lvl 4 enlighten with lucky corrupt (as lvl 3 is max), then it should work. But I think if that happen it'll be better to just sell it for several ex and upgrade your gear.
As for the precision, you can check your hit rating in character window, if it's less than 95%, you should add this gem, or you'd miss lots of attacks.

"
I was aiming for doing herald of ice, thunder, and wrath all active at once but I don't think that could work.

Theoretically it could but I don't think it's really worth it.

"
For now I am trying to 6L my inpulsa which is why if you check my current character I don't have it equipped but I was wondering if you could also help me out with life issues. I currently have 3.7k and is the only work around to this just grabbing jewels with % increased max life along with crit stats? Or is there other things I could look for to craft onto items.

Well, quickly checking your current gear, I believe you got almost no additional life on helmet (should be at least 80+), amulet (50+), ring (50+), belt (80+ should be better than +6%). Boots is good enough.
All of your %life bonuses don't do anything if there is no base life to increase% of, and your current life base is very low. Maybe I should explain it better in the guide, but numeric life values on your gear (+X to maximum life) are very important.
Ideally, you should have around 5k+ life by level 90. However, I must warn you, it won't help with t14+ metamorphs, unfortunately.
Last edited by Karpoavel on Dec 29, 2019, 1:26:19 PM
My current hit rating is 98% but I'll add precision anyways for the extra crit chance.

At the moment I need to swap out my helmet and amulet since my helmet has really low rolls for +# to max life and it has the downgraded version of the correct enchant. The amulet also has the same issue but I only grabbed it because of the extra int and +# to attributes.

Metamorphs in general with this build feels very rippy since we can get oneshotted by them a lot. I've had a general frustration dealing with them after killing map bosses easily but then having to deal with a tanky metamorph.

If you have any other advice you can offer me with your build I would appreciate it but other than that I think once I can get this inpulsa six linked and get my final items I'll be good.
"
At the moment I need to swap out my helmet and amulet since my helmet has really low rolls for +# to max life and it has the downgraded version of the correct enchant. The amulet also has the same issue but I only grabbed it because of the extra int and +# to attributes.

Yeah, although +2 pierce on helmet is good enough. So if you find a helmet with good rolls and lots of life but only +2 pierce, you can easily keep it for the build.
"
Metamorphs in general with this build feels very rippy since we can get oneshotted by them a lot. I've had a general frustration dealing with them after killing map bosses easily but then having to deal with a tanky metamorph.
Same for me, and it's even more frustrating since I've been playing this build for the whole Blight league (I usually don't play the same char for more than a couple of weeks). I was hoping the double curse setup with -resist Conductivity/Elemental Weakness could help, but with reduced curse effectiveness it doesn't affect metamorphs that much.
But I hope to eventually find a good solution for single dmg issues, since it seems GGG is planning to buff endgame content more and more to keep up with meta players.
"
If you have any other advice you can offer me with your build I would appreciate it but other than that I think once I can get this inpulsa six linked and get my final items I'll be good.

I think you should be good to go, especially after equipping Inpulsa + Storm's Gift setup. It'll be an easy walk until high red tiers metabosses.
Last edited by Karpoavel on Dec 29, 2019, 5:08:43 PM
Thanks for being responsive and helpful.

I'm looking forward to maxing out gear for this char and playing him.

The only thing bad about this skill is that it has no MTX.
Just taking a quick look at this build considering my next character; how viable is this at the end of the day with endgame content? Considering how hard all the endgame monsters hit I don't know if I would want to jump into this new character if it's basically going to die 6 times per map run. Sorry if you answered this previously as this is vague, just want to weigh out my options. Seems like a fun skill to run!
"
Just taking a quick look at this build considering my next character; how viable is this at the end of the day with endgame content? Considering how hard all the endgame monsters hit I don't know if I would want to jump into this new character if it's basically going to die 6 times per map run. Sorry if you answered this previously as this is vague, just want to weigh out my options. Seems like a fun skill to run!

It was really strong with all content last league; it was actually my first character ever to reach lvl 95, that's how safe it was to play.
This league though, as I wrote in the start of a guide, t14+ metabosses will be very tough to deal with. 4 watchstone Conquerors can be a threat as well, but I usually dodge all of their attacks anyways so don't see much difference with shaper/elder guards, should be doable.
As for the metamorphs... like a third of them in full watchstoned maps will be impossible (or take too long) to defeat. I'm talking about fully buffed ones, obviously. So if you're looking to farm high lvl bosses, currently this is not the best build for this.
Would the fury valve amulet work for this build?

It's a new item for this league and it seems interesting.
Just tested this amulet, and it seems really interesting, although my poor English knowledge doesn't allow me to fully understand what it actually does.
-Targeting with one projectile is a bit harder, especially from the distance.
-Area clear in some maps seems to be even better than before (chain reactions go longer range).
-Single target was ~a bit lower, or at least without much difference.
I will think about adding this amulet to the guide but unfortunately it doesn't seem to help with the main current issue of the build. But thanks for the advice!
This build seems interesting and I want to try it, however I am nervous due to the problems you've been having in 3.9 with end game content.

I was curious if you have done any theorycrafting involving the new Savior Awakener unique instead of one of the Rebuke's? Just an idea on how to potentially allow for better single target and even clearing considering the savior's reflection mod.

I don't think this will be the next build I run, simply because I need a bosser for awakener. Necro vs. Awakener is super annoying personally.

If I get a savior to drop or work up enough currency to buy one, this will be the first build I theorycraft with it.

Additionally, I will work around phys->lightning conversion so it can scale directly off of physical damage. Hopefully find some options to mitigate survivability as well.
Last edited by Genoc1de on Jan 4, 2020, 2:22:51 AM
"
This build seems interesting and I want to try it, however I am nervous due to the problems you've been having in 3.9 with end game content.

I was curious if you have done any theorycrafting involving the new Savior Awakener unique instead of one of the Rebuke's? Just an idea on how to potentially allow for better single target and even clearing considering the savior's reflection mod.

I don't think this will be the next build I run, simply because I need a bosser for awakener. Necro vs. Awakener is super annoying personally.

If I get a savior to drop or work up enough currency to buy one, this will be the first build I theorycraft with it.

Additionally, I will work around phys->lightning conversion so it can scale directly off of physical damage. Hopefully find some options to mitigate survivability as well.

Yeah, end-game content is challenging right now to deal with. I understand that this fact discourage some people from trying the build, but I don't want to give players false expectations and surprise disappointment afterwards.

On the other hand, I may have exaggerated a bit about the difficulty. Is't not that bad, although not good either.

As for the Savior swords, I'm not sure including 30 EX items should count as "solving the single target problem". I haven't tested them myself but I do believe they could be in the same place as Headhunter - you shouldn't rely your build on extremely expensive uniques like that.
But if you manange to give it a try I'd be glad to hear your review!

I will probably add a video of 3.9 T16 map-clear to show the build capabilities. I'm also testing cold version of Lightning Strike right now, and even though it's close to perma-freezing all of the bosses, it's still not enough.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info