How this league made it past the 'idea' stage is beyond me.

"
Fruz wrote:
"
I have no problem to rollback power creep to year ago. I can do all content just fine with any 1 mil dps well rounded build and even less. I personally don't need 3 or 5 or more. I agree on power creep. Shaper has become a punching bag, but that is not the topic.

And yet this is the reason why we have blight bosses with a stupid amount of health requiring literal milions of dps to complete the encounters eventually.

You said that the one thing you liked about Blight is the annointing system ...
It's pure power creep, it can hardly be considered interested as it's just one free notable imo.

"
Don't need Legion loot explosions also but Blight encounters for 2 min time investment are not worth doing

Oh they are, unless you go full speed, fully exploiting the power creep and go complete zoom-zoom-zoom mode through the game.

Which brings us back to the previous point : this is also because of power creep, this is exactly the topic at the end.

Blight encounters give also valuable items such as incursions moded rares, timeless splinters, incubators, and more.

The loot is the least of the problems in blight, there are many other issues that are much, much bigger ( and Kulze mentioned quite many ).

You are totally missing the point here. Power creep has nothing to do with this. 150K dps can zoom zoom clear T16 maps. For real, that's how much my mf char in standard has. It can do the same even with 100K dps and no HH. Anointments are great thing because they give variety. Roll back powercreep to 1-2y ago and keep anointments, i'm fine with it.

Incursion modded rares like what, helmet with phys damage taken as fire? Prob included in 2% of the builds. But it gives variety and that's fine. What is not fine is 2 mins time invested.
I don't want to play 5h a day to make a bank. I don't want to sit and flip items. What I want is to see that what i'm doing is giving me progress, and blight encounters are very poor at that. Not very, they are total trash just by not giving Blighted maps and then you have those maps that are even bigger trash. They are fun but garbage because i shoot myself it the foot by doing them and losing currency. Transferring 100c into scarabs, low tier currency, fragments, junk rares and divs, random maps and so on, fun 5 mins and a nice setback.
Legion splinters? I won't collect Maraketh splinters for 1 whole emblem by the end of the league and I played a lot. Got around 20, 25 maybe.
I don't need to have piles of exalt sitting but i want rewarding gameplay to have fun engaging with it, crafting items, new builds, and this is far from it. Neither currency wise or gameplay.
And yeah loot is not THE BIGGEST problem, whole game as package is atm.
Maybe i'm writing all over the place cuz im tired and it's late, but I hope you can get what i want to say.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Oct 24, 2019, 9:34:25 PM
"
Kulze wrote:

Blight-reward is of no issue in comparison, and then still... the maps provide decent rewards actually if you know which content to run and how to roll them properly. At least over time and with a sufficiently large pool of maps.
Sadly... that enforces trade heavily again which feels clunky once more.

What Blight does is getting little loot from every other mechanic and vomits it back to you.
Like I said, transferring pure 50-100c into piles of various junk that you need to sell (if you can sell it at all) to make returns is not fun for me.
Aside all other problems that we mentioned.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Oct 24, 2019, 9:45:26 PM
"

You are totally missing the point here. Power creep has nothing to do with this. 150K dps can zoom zoom clear T16 maps. For real, that's how much my mf char in standard has. It can do the same even with 100K dps and no HH. Anointments are great thing because they give variety. Roll back powercreep to 1-2y ago and keep anointments, i'm fine with it.

Umh... sorry to burst your bubble here, but your 'zoom zoom' char isn't dealing 150k or 100k. That's the base damage without taking into consideration vinktars + fork + projectile count.

Also your base dps is 178k dps and not 150k, not taking into consideration HH.

Hence since you shoot 7 projectiles it's 178k * 1,1 (vinktars) = 195k dps (let#s say 200k) times 7 = 1,4 mil with fork and without chain it's times 3 so a total of 4,2 mil dps per shot. Since you'll roughly hit 40% of shots at a a solo target you're focusing on it's still roughly 1,6 mil dps single-target.

And that's with your lightning arrow inside rather then properly using TS.

Just shows how broken archer-skills are.

So... yes... power-creep has something to do with it, you're just taking the worst broken build as a benchmark here. That's not sensible to compare them.
Oh, and they'll get even stronger in 3.9, which is a disaster as GGG decided 'hey, let's make bow-builds meta since they weren't already meta!', right?
GGG balance is like getting a pizza which is burnt on the sides, raw in the middle and misses the most of the toppings.
Then upon sending it back you get a raw side, burnt middle and enough toppings to drench everything in grease.
Everything fixed but still broken.
"
Kulze wrote:
"

Umh... sorry to burst your bubble here, but your 'zoom zoom' char isn't dealing 150k or 100k. That's the base damage without taking into consideration vinktars + fork + projectile count.

Hence since you shoot 7 projectiles it's 178k * 1,1 (vinktars) = 195k dps (let#s say 200k) times 7 = 1,4 mil with fork and without chain it's times 3 so a total of 4,2 mil dps per shot. Since you'll roughly hit 40% of shots at a a solo target you're focusing on it's still roughly 1,6 mil dps single-target.

So... yes... power-creep has something to do with it, you're just taking the worst broken build as a benchmark here. That's not sensible to compare them.
Oh, and they'll get even stronger in 3.9, which is a disaster as GGG decided 'hey, let's make bow-builds meta since they weren't already meta!', right?

Any 100k dps crit based build with Herald of Ice will clear t16 no problem (without boss). I modded my char yesterday to Raider and did some improvements to that 170K dps you are seeing, but believe me it's nowhere near 1 mil Shaper dps.
I know because i killed Shaper with it, and it took quite of time.
If you want i can record the video for you to see how it looks.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Oct 24, 2019, 9:57:50 PM
"

Of course it has ... it has to do with everything at hand here.

Power creep isn't just numbers, it's also coverage, speed, sustain and other defences, obviously.
( And 150k dps - which it isn't - is already a lot compared to how it used to be, compare to when mosnters were more relevant outside of on-death effects. To be honest, with 150k actual dps you would still need to interact with rare and beefy blue monsters, but we know that it isn't your actual dps so apart from rares taking 2 secs to die, the rest is likely insignificant )

Annointements give variety ?
what ?
You can literally take the exact same power boost from the tree, only there it has an actual cost (build-wise).
Annointements are just pure power creep, there is no variety with it, it does not unlock / allow anything, it's blatant. pure. power creep.

The rest of your post has already been addressed with what I said previously, GGG shot themselves in the foot with power creep because now people like you who value in-game currency above everything else ( including fun ) cannot appreciate mechanics that do not give them more than the "zoom zoom zoom gimme gimme gimme" playstyle they got used to.

SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Oct 24, 2019, 10:24:36 PM
"

Any 100k dps crit based build with Herald of Ice will clear t16 no problem (without boss).

Umh.... obviously? And that's the whole issue? It's basically double-dipping damage by overkilling white mobs to trigger an explosion which has a decent AoE, hence dealing several times the amount of damage you actually should deal.

An issue since ages which never has been addressed properly. Like so many others.

"

I modded my char yesterday to Raider and did some improvements to that 170K dps you are seeing, but believe me it's nowhere near 1 mil Shaper dps.

Obviously... again? Lightning Arrow is a clear-skill, a sub-par one compared to TS definitely but still... a clear-skill. It's NOT supposed to be a boss-killer, that's the task of barrage. You'll obviously struggle at bosses.

If we categorize skills for clearing by ranks then TS is S-rank while Lightning Arrow is A-rank together with a few others. Melee is generally only able to get up to C AT BEST.

Major disparity, huge issue.

"

I know because i killed Shaper with it, and it took quite of time.
If you want i can record the video for you to see how it looks.

Once again, what are you even trying to say here?
Yeah, I know, it's a given that you'll take a long time to do it, you're lacking damage for any mob which isn't properly positioned. As the stage of Shaper is very open you can position him very well, also the defenses of Shaper counter a large portion of the effect from Lightning Arrow.

This all won't change the fact that you got a vastly superior skill which even allows you to go 'zoom zoom'. Obviously Blight won't be rewarding for you, your build is utterly broken.

Play something which isn't absolute top-tier and the mechanic is actually rewarding, which is good.
Also, don't play T15 blighted maps but rather choose the proper tier to manage investment versus return.

Blighted maps properly done are ALWAYS profit. You just have to know which ones to run and how to properly handle them. But I'm repeating myself here. PoE has often failed with providing the 'highest content' as the 'most rewarding one'. It's no different this league.

That in itself is another major issue... but the lacking knowledge from your side is only on you, the devs messing up by providing (again) properly scaling mechanics is another topic in itself, that one we can discuss and I'll even be most likely on your side.
But running around like a blind sheep and spouting nonsense isn't something I'll agree with, blight STILL gives the best investment/return rate of the WHOLE game at the current state, utterly squashing T16 farming, uber-elder and even delving... which is a problem.
GGG balance is like getting a pizza which is burnt on the sides, raw in the middle and misses the most of the toppings.
Then upon sending it back you get a raw side, burnt middle and enough toppings to drench everything in grease.
All the towers in that proximity..
"
Kulze wrote:
"

Bow builds don't need a buff. Bow builds are currently what make the minion builds most everyone consider to be OP... look like a joke. Sheesh, one click clears the entire screen, and everything off screen in the direction you shot.
"
Galtrovan wrote:

Bow builds don't need a buff. Bow builds are currently what make the minion builds most everyone consider to be OP... look like a joke. Sheesh, one click clears the entire screen, and everything off screen in the direction you shot.

Exactly my point, should've shown that the last part of my post was sarcastic.

Since we'll get a 'bow-league' in 3.9 though it'll most likely become even worse.

Which... frankly spoken is an absolute disaster, tinkering around with the strongest skills rather then properly adjusting those which are sub-par...
It's not like GGG will lower the power-level of bows in 3.9, that we can be fairly sure about.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info