How this league made it past the 'idea' stage is beyond me.

the diffculty difference between some classes and others are crazy.

building right tower becomes really important for some builds but then some builds can just do it without any towers.

this type of situation is okay if you do it once in a while , ie becoming part of old league mechanic. but to do it all the time as a theme league, it becomes tidious.

def, deserves a new master spot in the future. then that way i can still enjoy it whenever i feel like it.

right now as a league ... meh 6/10

"Show me an example of ANY melee build consistently managing 4 or 5 lanes, nevermind 8."

5 curse bane occulist wearing deaths oath

and

And some funky vol dead build i made. 3 totems summon high hp zombies and i blow them up to make spicey meatballs. They also leave a puddle

Last edited by Chadwixx on Oct 21, 2019, 8:34:19 PM
"
Chalace2 wrote:
"
Cyzax wrote:
So far I've made:
- An RF build
- A cyclone build (though proc'ing whispering ice)
- A mine build

All of them work decently (at least) against blights, though as with every expansion there is a learning curve which means you usually start running into difficulties mid-game until you figure things out.

Your main problem is probably 'as I do every league'... Not every build work against all mechanics, and if it does, you can be pretty sure GGG will make sure it doesn't in one of the next leagues. Cyclone worked too well last league, so is of.c. not this one.

Meta is meta... This league it seems to be AoE, range to handle multiple blight directions (which you can possibly compensate for with movement speed), massive damage and not standing still.

Show me an example of ANY melee build consistently managing 4 or 5 lanes

While I do agree with the thread to some extent, Steelmage was crushing low level blighted maps with a Glacial Hammer build.

But yeah, overall the power disparity is insane, and the blight bosses have a fuckton of HP, which fucks up any build that does not have very high dps ( well, 'very' is now becoming normal, but still ).

"
Chadwixx wrote:
"Show me an example of ANY melee build consistently managing 4 or 5 lanes, nevermind 8."

5 curse bane occulist wearing deaths oath

and

And some funky vol dead build i made. 3 totems summon high hp zombies and i blow them up to make spicey meatballs. They also leave a puddle

How is either build melee ??
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Oct 21, 2019, 9:52:06 PM
Does autobomber HoI and HoT assassin using shield charge count as melee?

One movement and all the creatures on each path die, unless mods have 90% chance to avoid elemental ailments. Then I just die quiety.

So, rippling thoughts and choir of the storm are spells, and heralds sort off spells, and give offscreen killing. so perhaps this doesn't count for you?
i fail some encounters even with five spectres with several millions total dps and soul eater, sometimes portal are too close to the pump, sometimes something suddenly one-shotting pump, sometimes mobs are running through fucking towers like its nothing, cant imagine how to do this on melee char. worst league ever.

this league made it past the "idea" stage because its a filler league. that was a conscious decision.
dead game
bring back 3.13
Last edited by Tainted_Fate on Oct 24, 2019, 2:31:25 AM
Greetings,

This league my first character was a Jugg cyclone. I did quite fine and got the 8 lanes challenge with it. You need to be wise in your usage of "support" skills and tower management. I swapped my dmg curse for temporal chain and used slowing towers (physical, cold and minions- minions delay the mob a little bit) and when I got overrun it was when I messed up OR there was more than 1 boss.

I do not mean to belittle you at all, but I do think you oversaw options that would have helped you to defeat the Blight invasion. This league is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy more forgivable than Legion with the 1-shot kill minions and the almost impossible task to clear a majority the mobs around the pylon if you did not have the right builds. Moreover, the Legion map encounter needed the right builds for the player to have some good success while the Blight maps can be done with an average build + some skills.

Thank you
The idea was fine. The mechanic is fun if you can do it. The normal rewards are fine if you can do it as well: fossils without having to delve; vaal fragments in maps; shaped, elder, temple, veiled items here and there; plenty of currency.

But, the implementation is terrible. A very limited set of builds can do the mechanic. Even the builds that can, still fail here and there due to portals spawning on top of the pump. Nothing really you can do when something comes out with a billion hit points and one shots the pump with a ranged attack. The drop rates of the higher oils is terrible. Found 3 Silver in my play time, but not one Gold. Had to trade for that. Blighted map drops are terrible, still. Only found around a dozen, and certainly not one of every map tier to do the challenge.

If GGG fine tunes the implementation, it could be a good addition to the game, especially for those that feel the game pulls them in to many directions. Delves are fun. Temples are fun. Syndicate is fun. But the former two pull you away from the core game. Syndicate is like finding a Breech, or Abyss, or Vaal side area. A nice distraction. Delve and Temple, you have to leave the game. Yes, running the opened Temple is kinda like running a Breech stone, but the Breech splinters and stones you can save until you want to do them. The Temple, once you have completed the incursions to open the temple, you kind of have to run it. Otherwise, no more incursions.

But I'm digressing now, so I will stop here.
"
Galtrovan wrote:
The idea was fine. The mechanic is fun if you can do it. The normal rewards are fine if you can do it as well: fossils without having to delve; vaal fragments in maps; shaped, elder, temple, veiled items here and there; plenty of currency.

But, the implementation is terrible. A very limited set of builds can do the mechanic. Even the builds that can, still fail here and there due to portals spawning on top of the pump. Nothing really you can do when something comes out with a billion hit points and one shots the pump with a ranged attack. The drop rates of the higher oils is terrible. Found 3 Silver in my play time, but not one Gold. Had to trade for that. Blighted map drops are terrible, still. Only found around a dozen, and certainly not one of every map tier to do the challenge.

If GGG fine tunes the implementation, it could be a good addition to the game, especially for those that feel the game pulls them in to many directions. Delves are fun. Temples are fun. Syndicate is fun. But the former two pull you away from the core game. Syndicate is like finding a Breech, or Abyss, or Vaal side area. A nice distraction. Delve and Temple, you have to leave the game. Yes, running the opened Temple is kinda like running a Breech stone, but the Breech splinters and stones you can save until you want to do them. The Temple, once you have completed the incursions to open the temple, you kind of have to run it. Otherwise, no more incursions.

But I'm digressing now, so I will stop here.

Just FYI in case you do not know it:

1 - You can trade 3 same oils for one oil +1 tier (3 silver=1 gold)
2 - You do not have to run the temple. You open it, and get another quest form Alva. An error msg will pop but ignore it, you will reset the temple when you do the first 1/13 incursion.
3 - They fixed 2 patches ago the portal spawning too close AND they fixed it better this last patch.
4 - I like your last paragraph. You hit it on the nail. I see POE as a work in progress without PTR server. The first 2-3 weeks of a league are the fine tuning weeks. Also, they have multiple iterations of concepts. The best example is the masters. I do think one last fine tune to make us able to get more of "that" master chance to spawn will be great. I do believe the current Synthesis with a map here and there with Zana will go away for another type of implementation.
5 - I do believe also that we will be up for a hell of a surprise sooner than later. People like too much Delving. Delving by itself could be a complete other end game like the shaper/elder. Moreover, the Blight maps are REALLY fun for many people. The Blight concept needs a little tweak. The oils opened a whole new dimension to the passive skill treee. Now you can go and get that node that will give you a DPS boost or defensive boost (For example: Ravenous Horse vs Phase acrobatics).

Thank you

"
kestak wrote:
3 - They fixed 2 patches ago the portal spawning too close AND they fixed it better this last patch.

broken/fixed is a binary state.
If it's fixed, you cannot fix it s second time ( unless if breaks again ), you neither can fix it 'better'

If it still can happen, then it isn't fixed.
It might be less bad than how it used to be, that does not mean it's been fixed though.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Galtrovan wrote:

Rewards from Blighted maps are pure dogs*it. From 35 maps that i played and sometimes investments were over 200c + map price, it was just strait up currency sink with bunch of garbage and piles of s*it that i have to sell or never use.
I'm playing them just for the fun, but they are total waste of pure currency.

Blighted maps are fun, encounters are dogsh*it because you get dogsh*t 90% of the time. This league mechanic in the state that it is shouldn't have seen green light ever. Implementation is horrendous. Even now after the patch same stupid things happen again, Multistrike is causing lags and so on... Path of Crap.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Oct 24, 2019, 1:32:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info