How this league made it past the 'idea' stage is beyond me.

Edit: Post vanished. See the new one below.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
Last edited by LV9999Majin on Oct 24, 2019, 1:36:23 PM
"

Rewards from Blighted maps are pure dogs*it. From 35 maps that i played and sometimes investments were over 200c + map price, it was just strait up currency sink with bunch of garbage and piles of s*it that i have to sell or never use.
I'm playing them just for the fun, but they are total waste of pure currency.

Blighted maps are fun, encounters are dogsh*it because you get dogsh*t 90% of the time. This league mechanic in the state that it is shouldn't have seen green light ever. Implementation is horrendous. Even now after the patch same stupid things happen again, Multistrike is causing lags and so on... Path of Crap.

That's probably the problem. It seems like they were trying to make people not go so hard on the game. With how the master change made it so heavy grinders will see a bit less of them.

I think they're trying to give people less incentive to go way overboard.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
"
"
Galtrovan wrote:
The idea was fine. The mechanic is fun if you can do it. The normal rewards are fine if you can do it as well: fossils without having to delve; vaal fragments in maps; shaped, elder, temple, veiled items here and there; plenty of currency.

Rewards from Blighted maps are pure dogs*it. From 35 maps that i played and sometimes investments were over 200c + map price, it was just strait up currency sink with bunch of garbage and piles of s*it that i have to sell or never use.
I'm playing them just for the fun, but they are total waste of pure currency.

Blighted maps are fun, encounters are dogsh*it because you get dogsh*t 90% of the time. This league mechanic in the state that it is shouldn't have seen green light ever. Implementation is horrendous. Even now after the patch same stupid things happen again, Multistrike is causing lags and so on... Path of Crap.

I'm talking Blights in the normal course of play, not the Blighted maps. Yes, the Blighted maps are terrible. One, they don't drop. Two, running the ones that do is like a complete waste of time. Fend things off for 5 minutes, for what, next to nothing. Certainly nothing worth 5 minutes of time, especially when you then have to waste more time running around to open the chests.

Edit...

In my opinion, if the Blight goes core, GGG should do away with the Blighted maps. Just have random Blights appear in maps as do Breechs and Abyss'. And have a Zana mod that can guarantee the map has a Blight.

Last edited by Galtrovan on Oct 24, 2019, 2:10:55 PM
"
Galtrovan wrote:

I'm talking Blights in the normal course of play, not the Blighted maps. Yes, the Blighted maps are terrible. One, they don't drop. Two, running the ones that do is like a complete waste of time. Fend things off for 5 minutes, for what, next to nothing. Certainly nothing worth 5 minutes of time, especially when you then have to waste more time running around to open the chests.

Edit...

In my opinion, if the Blight goes core, GGG should do away with the Blighted maps. Just have random Blights appear in maps as do Breechs and Abyss'. And have a Zana mod that can guarantee the map has a Blight.

Blight encounters in maps are the same thing. You spend 2 mins of time for prob nothing. They are also waste of time but you do them anyway because of the feeling you will miss a drop, but you dont 95% of the time. What you get for the time invested you would get anyway mapping. They just break your flow...
So when you sum it all up, we had whole "new" league without the whole point of it, Blighted maps, which of 35 i played i bought 25 and i'm sure that I lost 10 of them because of early league problems or portals next to pump.

On the other hand anointments are great thing which if this goes core will be gated by few layers or rng to get oils (mayor pain in the ass), similar to what happened to Legion now. You see it @10% rate with nothing to get from it. Did I say I have 2 fps when I open full Legion group...? 2019? Hello someone...
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Oct 24, 2019, 4:00:14 PM
"

That's probably the problem. It seems like they were trying to make people not go so hard on the game. With how the master change made it so heavy grinders will see a bit less of them.

I don't know what was their idea but player numbers says it all...
"
"

I don't know what was their idea but player numbers says it all...

Historically with every games, fall is the second low for player population. Summer is the highest. Legion was an exception. The highest player population is Christmas followed by winter.

The main complaint is about the loot drop. I still think the mechanic is darn fun and just need a little adjustment. The amulet ointment is GREAT! If they can do the same for other pieces of equipment, that would open so much possibilities. However, I am concerned about the power creep of it that would be a leap.

Thank you
"
Blight encounters in maps are the same thing. You spend 2 mins of time for prob nothing. They are also waste of time but you do them anyway because of the feeling you will miss a drop, but you dont 95% of the time. What you get for the time invested you would get anyway mapping. They just break your flow...
So when you sum it all up, we had whole "new" league without the whole point of it, Blighted maps, which of 35 i played i bought 25 and i'm sure that I lost 10 of them because of early league problems or portals next to pump.

On the other hand anointments are great thing which if this goes core will be gated by few layers or rng to get oils (mayor pain in the ass), similar to what happened to Legion now. You see it @10% rate with nothing to get from it. Did I say I have 2 fps when I open full Legion group...? 2019? Hello someone...

Tldr :
"If it isn't a Legion-level loot explosion, it isn't worth my time
Power creep is fine though, power creep is great, give us more please."

GGG's policy @ we don't have quality content to give player so let's give them more carrots instead is just backfiring, but if anything, it's really not the amount of loot that blights give that make player leave imho, at all.
There are other huge issues with the game at the moment, and blight encounters returns ( which I find more than correct personally ) are really not a problem in comparison.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Oct 24, 2019, 8:14:29 PM
"
Fruz wrote:

GGG's policy @ we don't have quality content to give player so let's give them more carrots instead is just backfiring, but if anything, it's really not the amount of loot that blights give that make player leave imho, at all.
There are other huge issues with the game at the moment, and blight encounters returns ( which I find more than correct personally ) are really not a problem in comparison.

Sadly far too true in the current state.

Some of those issues are:
Portal-spawn STILL too close to the pump.
Mobs ignoring towers.
Mobs ignoring lanes.
Double or tripple-stacked effects to power up bosses so you can't stop them (Speed, damage... pick your poison there).
Towers can STILL be stuck when trying to choose the upgrade.

Outside of Blight:
Spikey damage.
Connection at the start of leagues ruins competition utterly.
Core-builds being utterly unbalanced in comparison to each other.
Some mechanics interacting overly badly (conversion power over 9000!) at times since years.
Trade being overly clunky.
Main-progression feeling 'odd' since quite a while (Lab, Acts feeling like a waste of time with all the changes)
Damage from some mobs seem to be bugged (ever got 6k EHP hits through maxed defense from a white mob? It's a great experience which happens rarely)
And sooo many more.

Blight-reward is of no issue in comparison, and then still... the maps provide decent rewards actually if you know which content to run and how to roll them properly. At least over time and with a sufficiently large pool of maps.
Sadly... that enforces trade heavily again which feels clunky once more.
GGG balance is like getting a pizza which is burnt on the sides, raw in the middle and misses the most of the toppings.
Then upon sending it back you get a raw side, burnt middle and enough toppings to drench everything in grease.
Everything fixed but still broken.
"
Fruz wrote:
"

Tldr :
"If it isn't a Legion-level loot explosion, it isn't worth my time
Power creep is fine though, power creep is great, give us more please."

I dunno what are you talking about...??

I have no problem to rollback power creep to year ago. I can do all content just fine with any 1 mil dps well rounded build and even less. I personally don't need 3 or 5 or more. I agree on power creep. Shaper has become a punching bag, but that is not the topic.

Don't need Legion loot explosions also but Blight encounters for 2 min time investment are not worth doing, and I won't repeat all about Blighted maps.
Getting 3 chroms, 4 jewellers and 4 5%q gems at t15-16 maps is a joke not loot.
I don't need to explain any of this, there are numerous videos on yt, posts everywhere pointing the same.
I don't know how much currency i lost playing Blighted maps, but probably enough to make one whole build.
And you say it's fine? ok...
League is a fail on so many levels that I could write a wall of text. If they repeat Blight scenario again PoE will lose a lot of players definitely.
This wasn't a league. It feels more like beta test.
Rolling a patch 2 months into the league where they set perimeter for portals??? Cmon...

Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Oct 24, 2019, 8:43:11 PM
"
I have no problem to rollback power creep to year ago. I can do all content just fine with any 1 mil dps well rounded build and even less. I personally don't need 3 or 5 or more. I agree on power creep. Shaper has become a punching bag, but that is not the topic.

And yet this is the reason why we have blight bosses with a stupid amount of health requiring literal milions of dps to complete the encounters eventually.

You said that the one thing you liked about Blight is the annointing system ...
It's pure power creep, it can hardly be considered interested as it's just one free notable imo.

"
Don't need Legion loot explosions also but Blight encounters for 2 min time investment are not worth doing

Oh they are, unless you go full speed, fully exploiting the power creep and go complete zoom-zoom-zoom mode through the game.

Which brings us back to the previous point : this is also because of power creep, this is exactly the topic at the end.

Blight encounters give also valuable items such as incursions moded rares, timeless splinters, incubators, and more.

The loot is the least of the problems in blight, there are many other issues that are much, much bigger ( and Kulze mentioned quite many ).

"
This wasn't a league. It feels more like beta test.
Rolling a patch 2 months into the league where they set perimeter for portals??? Cmon...

For example this one yeah ( which has nothing to do with loot ), testing and quality has been a joke recently ...
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Oct 24, 2019, 8:55:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info