How this league made it past the 'idea' stage is beyond me.

How this league made it past the 'idea' stage is beyond me. I made my usual Cycloner, as I do every league since Breach, it was trash.

Took a break for 2 weeks...

Made a summoner, OK, the mechanic is trivial now. Minions are kinda ridiculous. (Tho we need more than 1 AG setup)

Made another melee, 6l, OP leveling gear, etc... Managed to complete a whole "2" events in the levels leading up to my current 54. It's disgusting.

If I'm not completely overrun from just 3 lanes, gasping at the pump I'm dead from shotgunning fire projectiles, rain of arrows or just goat fuckers jumping on my face. Coupled with rares that have more HP than Act bosses.

At no point in the 3 months 'working' on this league did ANYONE make a melee char and actually test it, there is no way. Whoever is in charge of 'testing' should be fired, it is that simple.

What on earth were you thinking... Some of us actually enjoy melee.

/Rant
Last bumped on Oct 25, 2019, 7:16:32 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
So far I've made:
- An RF build
- A cyclone build (though proc'ing whispering ice)
- A mine build

All of them work decently (at least) against blights, though as with every expansion there is a learning curve which means you usually start running into difficulties mid-game until you figure things out.

Your main problem is probably 'as I do every league'... Not every build work against all mechanics, and if it does, you can be pretty sure GGG will make sure it doesn't in one of the next leagues. Cyclone worked too well last league, so is of.c. not this one.

Meta is meta... This league it seems to be AoE, range to handle multiple blight directions (which you can possibly compensate for with movement speed), massive damage and not standing still.
"
Cyzax wrote:
So far I've made:
- An RF build
- A cyclone build (though proc'ing whispering ice)
- A mine build

All of them work decently (at least) against blights, though as with every expansion there is a learning curve which means you usually start running into difficulties mid-game until you figure things out.

Your main problem is probably 'as I do every league'... Not every build work against all mechanics, and if it does, you can be pretty sure GGG will make sure it doesn't in one of the next leagues. Cyclone worked too well last league, so is of.c. not this one.

Meta is meta... This league it seems to be AoE, range to handle multiple blight directions (which you can possibly compensate for with movement speed), massive damage and not standing still.

Show me an example of ANY melee build consistently managing 4 or 5 lanes, nevermind 8. Heavily investing in totems or minions doesn't count, its a crutch. (Ignoring the fact trying to do it while leveling in mediocre gear is just laughable)

The bottom line is the whole mechanic is trash for melee. In a game that 'promotes' build diversity as a selling point, it's a complete and utter failure.

- Too many of the mobs outright ignore the towers (bears).
- Too often the mob types are heavily anti-melee.
- The rares and Uniques have way too much HP for you do 'deal' with them while leaping through 4 o 5 other lanes.

there is no point even mentioning the actual Blight maps as melee...

--

I have no problem with the mechanics as a whole, as ranged it's trivial, but that's not my point.
I can imagine how nonsense this must be for melee. I've got a Soulrend/Bane occultist to lvl 90 and can barely keep up with a t5 blighted map. Not being able to move the towers is the worst thing about the league, I think.
For anyone not playing summoner, towers become a very important aspect of the league mechanic. I've found my niche by picking up +25% scout tower range anoints and dedicating 90% of my towers to being scout while the remainder are petrify towers.

Scout towers got buffed to deal much higher damage than before. Just slap some petrify towers down to lock down lanes long enough for the scouts to kill them.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
"
Chalace2 wrote:
me an example of ANY melee build consistently managing 4 or 5 lanes, nevermind 8. Heavily investing in totems or minions doesn't count, its a crutch. (Ignoring the fact trying to do it while leveling in mediocre gear is just laughable)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bottom line is the whole mechanic is trash for melee. In a game that 'promotes' build diversity as a selling point, it's a complete and utter failure.

- Too many of the mobs outright ignore the towers (bears).
- Too often the mob types are heavily anti-melee.
- The rares and Uniques have way too much HP for you do 'deal' with them while leaping through 4 o 5 other lanes.

there is no point even mentioning the actual Blight maps as melee...

--

I have no problem with the mechanics as a whole, as ranged it's trivial, but that's not my point.

https://youtu.be/WlFCAvg6_i4

Thats a melee in t13 Blighted map on a 2011 Athlon cpu...
With the 2nd part of your post ill agree to some point.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Oct 21, 2019, 3:30:32 PM
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
For anyone not playing summoner, towers become a very important aspect of the league mechanic. I've found my niche by picking up +25% scout tower range anoints and dedicating 90% of my towers to being scout while the remainder are petrify towers.

Scout towers got buffed to deal much higher damage than before. Just slap some petrify towers down to lock down lanes long enough for the scouts to kill them.

As far as I know petrified mobs take no damage...

I have an ED/Cont this league and my damage is insane, Shaper/Elder/Uber Elder, etc. are no problem. Content? You name it, I can do w/o even a sweat.

Bu come blight encounters or maps... They are just ridiculous bullshit with a lot of major problems GGGCent won't fix because they already abandoned 3.8 to work on 3.9:

- Portal beside or on top of pump;
- Monsters attacking players outside the lanes;
- Monsters ignoring lanes and going to pump;
- Physical bears can't be stopped/slowed and ignore players/towers/minions/etc;
- Blight ranged mobs firing 7667567568 projectiles at the same time from offscreen;
- Alched blight maps doesn't counting towards achievements;
- Blight map drop rates.

If you don't play summoner, just forget, better ignore encounters and sell maps. The frustration of losing your lifetime to this bullshit is not worth.
"There's no thing like random one-shots in this game. You only die because you take 353,456,237 hits in 0.2 seconds."

"The best items in the game should not be crafted, they should be TRADED." - Cent, GGG
Just a league or two back, GGG had a melee rework theme. I think it turned out to be more of a Cyclone rework theme? A real melee rework should be considered.

Regarding this league's mechanics, what seems to work best for me is to just upgrade a couple of towers closest to the pump. I always do cold towers and upgrade those two cold towers to their maximum. I have rings with cold tower buff oil anoints on them.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
I can imagine how nonsense this must be for melee.

You can? I can't! I guess I would throw my pc out of the window while trying melee in blight. I really feel for the poor melee players this league, they really get it in the butt without lube.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
https://youtu.be/WlFCAvg6_i4

Thats a melee in t13 Blighted map on a 2011 Athlon cpu...
With the 2nd part of your post ill agree to some point.

All those towers in that proximity.. Is that just rngesus blessing that exile?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info