[3.10] Elementalist Storm Brand bomber-Heralds Just Got Better!!!

"
XenJerec wrote:
IDK what im doing wrong. i can kill shaper easy with this build but blights destroy my golems. i cant even be on the same screen as blight monsters without them dying

Make sure the less tanky golems are linked to Minion life support. If the issue persists you can spend some skill points on Minion life. Sometimes if the blight map has insane amount of physical monsters the golems will die, unfortunately. They are immune to elemental damage so Shaper/Elder can't really touch them. Different story when it comes to physical monsters.
i was searching something if i couldn't acquire an elder helmet and think about https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Tempest%27s_Binding

What do you think about it ? (yes it's a bit shitty that's a league only but not really used right ?)
"
Inialla wrote:
i was searching something if i couldn't acquire an elder helmet and think about https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Tempest%27s_Binding

What do you think about it ? (yes it's a bit shitty that's a league only but not really used right ?)

You know that actually is a pretty good alternative. It won't be available early league but gives frenzy charges when mapping which is a huge damage boost. You will need to drop the timeless jewel/Inner conviction which won't be cheap early on anyways. Also you'll have to drop Discipline tho otherwise not enough mana. If you would, test it out and let me know how it goes. I can add it to the guide.
Last edited by wodeljn on Dec 4, 2019, 6:44:06 PM
Cheers for the well-written guide(s), mate. I respecced my Ice Crash Elementalist into this build to give it a test drive, and even with crappy gear it's running level 83 Delves etc with ease. I'm planning on league starting with this build, and really like that I can mess around with different skills with minimal adjustment as per your more general guide. I'm mildly concerned about the availability of Shimmeron, but Synthesis uniques were regularly available this league often for reasonable cost with those fights being less accessible than what Elder will be, if GGG is to be believed, so I expect it will be fine.

Out of curiousity:
* Is minion instability being modified by the Timeless jewel? Or do you like taking it?
* Is there any reason you seem to prefer Orb of Storms / Wave of Conviction for leveling? The bit of experience I've had with Storm Brand suggests that it'd be just fine once you can get it. Just curious.
* Do you have a preferred golem setup? I've generally been going 4 Stone, 2 Ice, and one of each of the others.
"
Qikly wrote:

Out of curiousity:
* Is minion instability being modified by the Timeless jewel? Or do you like taking it?
* Is there any reason you seem to prefer Orb of Storms / Wave of Conviction for leveling? The bit of experience I've had with Storm Brand suggests that it'd be just fine once you can get it. Just curious.
* Do you have a preferred golem setup? I've generally been going 4 Stone, 2 Ice, and one of each of the others.

Glad you like the build! Shimmeron won't be quite accessible in the first few days but should be available later on, as it is not a very popular item, assuming this build isn't gonna be popular as a league starter. For your questions:

1. Yes it is being modified to Inner Conviction (18% more spell damage)
2. OOS/WOV setup is the current racing meta, this setup is just faster/more DPS than storm brand for leveling/mapping as a league starter. However like you said, storm brand/lightning spire trap will be just as smooth and require significantly less respec points. Each method has pros and cons. Thanks for mentioning this, I will include this in the guide.
3. Personally, I prefer 2/2/2/2/1, no particular order, just because it takes less time to summon them all if you do that. 4-5 stone golems like you did is another option since they are the most important ones.

Last edited by wodeljn on Dec 4, 2019, 4:15:44 PM
Hello, sorry for the question but keep in mind I'm seriously bad at builds or understand mechanics.
Was thinking to try the build, but I see you link Brand with Controlled destruction, and in my noobiness I recall any skill linked with Controlled Destruction is not triggering Heralds, am I wrong? So how you trigger heralds with this build?

I know, as i said stupid question still i don't really understand it :)
Cheers
"
Sicaron wrote:
Hello, sorry for the question but keep in mind I'm seriously bad at builds or understand mechanics.
Was thinking to try the build, but I see you link Brand with Controlled destruction, and in my noobiness I recall any skill linked with Controlled Destruction is not triggering Heralds, am I wrong? So how you trigger heralds with this build?

Cheers

that's elemental focus support who can't proc elemental aliments (and then won't proc heralds) Controlled destruction reduce the chance to do critics but we have plenty for the brand.
"
Inialla wrote:
"
Sicaron wrote:

Cheers

that's elemental focus support who can't proc elemental aliments (and then won't proc heralds) Controlled destruction reduce the chance to do critics but we have plenty for the brand.

That make sense and show how noob I am.
Thanks for the reply :)
Last edited by Sicaron on Dec 4, 2019, 5:04:52 PM
"
Sicaron wrote:
That make sense and show how noob I am.
Thanks for the reply :)

there was always a time when even the greatest theorycrafter had to learn. Don't worry and ask what you need :)
Last edited by Inialla on Dec 5, 2019, 6:12:09 AM
Hi all!

I normally only Play one main Char each league (don't have time for twinks) and would like to Play Storm Brand with Void Battery or Shimmeron.

Not sure if I add the Autobomber part as I would concentrate on Storm Brand and Brand Recall.

I am still undecided if I play that as an Elementalist with the Buffing Golems or Assassin. What do you think would be the Pros and Cons for Elementalist vs Assassin or is Assassin clearly inferior?

It seems that Elementalist has a higher damage potential with all those Golems compared to Assassin?

I may have less time to Play 3.9 than 3.8 so i would Need a fast build to be able to complete 36 chalanges in time.

Storm Brand seems to be more or less fast and still a good Boss killer. That seems important in 3.9

I am Aware that it can still happen that the patch notes will help me decide ;)

Last edited by Slowdice2 on Dec 6, 2019, 9:04:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info