[3.10] Elementalist Storm Brand bomber-Heralds Just Got Better!!!

"
XenJerec wrote:
"
wodeljn wrote:
Gem progressions as a League starter have been posted

Thanks bro I’m digging the build! I apologize for all the requests. Do you think shimmerons will be harder to get in 3.9? Also do you have suggestions for budget gear or what you would prioritize first?

No need to apologize:) For 3.9 it seems like farming Elder/Shaper is gonna be harder, but I don't see any other budget-friendly builds utilizing shimmerons. As such, if this build isn't popular, shimmerons shouldn't be too hard to get, but we will have to see. Now, because Elder/Shaper equipment will definitely be harder to get in 3.9, the shaper helmet won't be available in the early league. That being said, I think you can still craft the helmet yourself, or just use a normal rare helmet. Clear speed will be slower, yes, but it will still be very competitive even w/o the herald autobomber setup.

Gear priority wise: anima stone -> dual shimmerons (once have them, it is time to switch over to this build from the league starter) -> primordial chain -> 6-linked armor -> the Shaper helmet -> assassin's mark ring.

3.9 will be a bow-build meta, and minion builds (assuming they don't get nerfed to the ground) will stay popular. Therefore, I don't see a huge demand for these items in this off-meta build, meaning they shouldn't be too expensive.

The rest of gear doesn't contribute much to DPS, just for life/resist/stats/ES.
---
Last edited by wodeljn on Nov 23, 2019, 9:28:43 AM
"
the shaper helmet won't be available in the early league. That being said, I think you can still craft the helmet yourself, or just use a normal rare helmet. Clear speed will be slower, yes, but it will still be very competitive even w/o the herald autobomber setup.

For what i understand, the heralds don't have native Critical strike chance, and only the shaper mod can give it and make the auto-bomber work ?
"
Inialla wrote:
"
the shaper helmet won't be available in the early league. That being said, I think you can still craft the helmet yourself, or just use a normal rare helmet. Clear speed will be slower, yes, but it will still be very competitive even w/o the herald autobomber setup.

For what i understand, the heralds don't have native Critical strike chance, and only the shaper mod can give it and make the auto-bomber work ?

Shimmerons also give base crit chance to the heralds. So w/o the helmet the heralds would still be able to crit and ping-pong, just not as smooth.
I have a very hard time understanding where you get the +500% increased effect of golem buffs in total, or the 450% jewel you´ve used in PoB.

The elementalist node grants "25% increased Effect of Buffs granted by your Golems per Summoned Golem". By that logic, with 9 golems, shouldnt that passive grant you, in total, 225% increased effect of buffs from golems? You get 70% on top of that from the tree, and 30% from Primordial Eminence, so doesnt that add up to 325% golem buff effect?

Am I not taking something into account here?
"
Housumies wrote:
I have a very hard time understanding where you get the +500% increased effect of golem buffs in total, or the 450% jewel you´ve used in PoB.

The elementalist node grants "25% increased Effect of Buffs granted by your Golems per Summoned Golem". By that logic, with 9 golems, shouldnt that passive grant you, in total, 225% increased effect of buffs from golems? You get 70% on top of that from the tree, and 30% from Primordial Eminence, so doesnt that add up to 325% golem buff effect?

Each golem ascendancy node gives 25% increased golem buff effect, 9 golems total, that's 50% * 9 = 450% incrased buff effect, from acendency alone. Then another 70% from tree, so 520% total that is not calculated in POB. I actually left out the 180% (20% * 9) increased damage from Liege of the Primordial, so the real damage is even higher.
"
wodeljn wrote:
"
Housumies wrote:

Each golem ascendancy node gives 25% increased golem buff effect, 9 golems total, that's 50% * 9 = 450% incrased buff effect, from acendency alone. Then another 70% from tree, so 520% total that is not calculated in POB. I actually left out the 180% (20% * 9) increased damage from Liege of the Primordial, so the real damage is even higher.

Oh, I didnt notice that both golem ascendancy nodes grants the 25% increase, so my math was off, you're right.

Thanks for the clarification.

"
Gear priority wise: anima stone -> dual shimmerons (once have them, it is time to switch over to this build from the league starter) -> primordial chain -> 6-linked armor -> the Shaper helmet -> assassin's mark ring.

hey im fairly new but i see Anima Stone is pretty pricey, do i map with OOS/WOC setup until i get one? and shimmerons wont be really available first few days of the league, can you explain further on gear progression wise for when done with the acts?

"

hey im fairly new but i see Anima Stone is pretty pricey, do i map with OOS/WOC setup until i get one? and shimmerons wont be really available first few days of the league, can you explain further on gear progression wise for when done with the acts?

Yes, as a league starter, I would use OOS/WOC for mapping. It should get you to yellow/red tier maps fairly quickly, and if you set your atlas right (no idea as to how yet since the atlas is repworked) you will be able to farm some serious currency, as OOS/WOC is great for speed mapping w/ sub-par gear. Gear-wise:

Get tabula first to 6-link your OOS. Prior to Shimmerons, dual wield rare wands with decent damage mods will do just fine for farming maps. Once have the Shimmerons and the anima stone, you may switch over to this build.
Last edited by wodeljn on Nov 28, 2019, 2:39:04 AM
IDK what im doing wrong. i can kill shaper easy with this build but blights destroy my golems. i cant even be on the same screen as blight monsters without them dying

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info