What We're Working On

ty ggg
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
Please fix bug that despawns Betrayal Spectres after events
"
LMTR14 wrote:
"
y3lw0rC wrote:
Wow,

so those are the only marginal performance improvements you are about to implement "soon", and only some of them maybe next week...

There is still 0 info regarding High memory usage, NOT EVEN INFO and about 4 weeks+? have passed.

No proper blight improvements as well, omfg.

I have a feeling that GGG doesn't really give a damn anymore about this league and all of their focus is directed towards 3.9. As for this one it's like "Maybe we gonna do something soon,or maybe not. Be happy that we are at least trying."

I don't know what to say... Good luck with the next league I guess.

apparently wilson once said (I read that somewhere here) that only the first month of a league matters for ggg (financially speaking, I assume, and it makes a lot of sense as otherwise they would indeed do something about the player dropoff in every league. I mean it's been what, like at least 20 by now, and we can see the numbers on steam).

so yeah, all is working as intended :-) for you players it might feel like getting spat in the face, but for ggg, it's all in a day's work. tried and proven and that is why tencent has not "asked" for them to change the formula

Well, if that's the case, it is a horrible point of view by GGG...

Yea it might make sense for them like not wasting the resources on fixing their broken Sh*t but this statement, if true, completely contradicts another statement by Chris Wilson: "POE is a game to be played forever" ? Something along this lines he said?

I think that Chris doesn't even lately know what he wants himself, well no wonder, 80% of POE was sold for tencent. There went his passion for the game out the window. So, I guess it is pretty safe to assume that PoE is gonna be getting worse and worse. Constantly broken content at release and barely fixed, even after a month.

I hope I'm wrong...
Stupid PoE2 Particle System Patch...

New mute system is another hot garbage.
Last edited by y3lw0rC on Oct 18, 2019, 3:33:01 AM
Wow dude, you've convinced me. Damnation.
"
y3lw0rC wrote:
"
LMTR14 wrote:
"
y3lw0rC wrote:
Wow,

so those are the only marginal performance improvements you are about to implement "soon", and only some of them maybe next week...

There is still 0 info regarding High memory usage, NOT EVEN INFO and about 4 weeks+? have passed.

No proper blight improvements as well, omfg.

I have a feeling that GGG doesn't really give a damn anymore about this league and all of their focus is directed towards 3.9. As for this one it's like "Maybe we gonna do something soon,or maybe not. Be happy that we are at least trying."

I don't know what to say... Good luck with the next league I guess.

apparently wilson once said (I read that somewhere here) that only the first month of a league matters for ggg (financially speaking, I assume, and it makes a lot of sense as otherwise they would indeed do something about the player dropoff in every league. I mean it's been what, like at least 20 by now, and we can see the numbers on steam).

so yeah, all is working as intended :-) for you players it might feel like getting spat in the face, but for ggg, it's all in a day's work. tried and proven and that is why tencent has not "asked" for them to change the formula

Well, if that's the case, it is a horrible point of view by GGG...

Yea it might make sense for them like not wasting the resources on fixing their broken Sh*t but this statement, if true, completely contradicts another statement by Chris Wilson: "POE is a game to be played forever" ? Something along this lines he said?

I think that Chris doesn't even lately know what he wants himself, well no wonder, 80% of POE was sold for tencent. There went his passion for the game out the window. So, I guess it is pretty safe to assume that PoE is gonna be getting worse and worse. Constantly broken content at release and barely fixed, even after a month.

I hope I'm wrong...

not really a contradiction. played forever, but only 1 in every 3 months! (and that is exactly what most players actually do, according to steam numbers). well for me that formula doesn't work at all, but really that's not even in my top 5 of problems I have with the game. I want something where I log in every day and my progress goes from 0 to 100, my counters only go up and never down and no effort is wasted (so like an mmo or an idle game), or at least something where I can have fun playing the economy, and poe doesn't fulfill ANY of these requirements. the only thing ever done right is the basic running and killing, everything else is shite on a conceptual (and most also on an executional) level. the ONLY game I play where I always start from the beginning and everything goes in circles is league of legends, and with that games only take 50 min MAX, not 3 months! (cause lol is just so much fun, except for the disgusting non-random matchmaking)

why do I even post here then? because for the longest time I actually hoped for a conceptual FIX for the shortcomings, and it took me way too long to realise there would never be one (with wilson) because I ENJOYED the basic running, killing and looting even to the point of being addicted. but a super sane person like me can only waste so much time before cognitive dissonance resolves itself
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Oct 18, 2019, 4:33:10 AM
"playing" the game for 1 week every 3 months means it's not a game that you will play FoReVeR..

if activision blizzard line is don't you have phones?

tencentggg line should be don't you play forever, exile?
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
Last edited by Xystre on Oct 18, 2019, 7:10:38 AM
I have to admit. I basically quit this league after I got the portal MTX. 90% of my guild has as well. The stability issues and losing expensively rolled maps (esp blight maps) was the final straw.

I absolutely love this game and have been playing for over 5 years now and I really hope to continue playing but this was the straw the broke this camel's back.

I have also supported GGG through supporter packs and because of the way the game has gone since the Tencent deal, I haven't given any more of my money to them at all. And the way things are going between China and other gaming industry companies, it's very disheartening to think about, but I don't buy the "They don't dictate our direction" because it's simply not true anywhere you look these days. I wish for this game to succeed but I can't help but think I'm supporting Tencent.

I love Chris and his crew, they've done amazing work but I'm putting Path on hold until I can feel good about playing this game again. As of right now, I can't see myself spending half my currency on blight maps just to lose them to massive lag spikes and also not being able to drop them often enough so it's not as big a deal losing them.

No flashback and also basically abandoning this league for 3.9 shows me what they think of their playerbase when we wish to keep playing but they'd rather push out another expansion/league instead... when the current one is only over a month old?? Shame. And I wish Qarl the best and hope this doesn't signal an exodus of talent from GGG ahead, but I am cynical of everything from here on forward.
Since GGG has "shit the bed" I've been playing other games. There are literally a ton of them out there. Some excellent like "Grim Dawn" some really SiFi like "Warframe". Last couple of weeks I've been playing "Crusader Kings II" and hell of a fine game. Not as much action as POE but a fine game nonetheless.

Don't give up the ship. I tend to think GGG will somehow pull out of this shitpile. Hang on guys! At least there's other games while "ours" is out of action.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info